Author Topic: THUNDER MY WONDER DOG!  (Read 18444 times)

Jen

THUNDER MY WONDER DOG!
« on: March 17, 2005, 12:42:28 pm »
Here are some pics of our great white THUNDER.  He is  our first big dog, we are so hooked on big dogs now that we are getting a newfie next week!  My daughter says "Thunder is going to be so happy to have are girlfriend!"

Offline affiepoodlegirl

• Ankle Biter
  • Harry
    • View Profile
Re: THUNDER MY WONDER DOG!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 12:49:05 pm »
Jackie and Thunder are both beautiful.  What a coat on Thunder!
Michelle
Ollie
Oakley
Harry

Jen

Re: THUNDER MY WONDER DOG! NEW BRAG!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 08:32:02 am »
Hi, Jackie and Thunder's picture made the local paper.  I'll attach the pic.  I 'm such a proud Mommy!!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 09:17:18 am »
That's a terrific picture! It sure embodies the bond between the dog and child!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Jen

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 09:57:12 am »
 :D Oh boy, Jabear you hit the nail on the head.  They are best friend,  when he is playing with her he gets down low like in the picture.  He knows she's the baby and the one to be gaurdian to.  Evernight he sleeps along side her bed and then in the middle of the night they both sneak into our room, so when we wake up there they are always together.  We are not sure if he follows her in or if she follows him in!  Also another time when they were about a year younger; she got out of the house thru a sliding screen door and wondered of into a small forrest near our home, :o  It was Thunder barking like crazy that led us to her!!  When we got to them he had her little baby shoe in his mouth,  he had been doing the classic pyr nipping at the heels to gaurd and direct his livestock JUST AMAZING!!! ;D ;D

Offline Demi

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 02:58:05 pm »
Thunder is stunning, and Jackie is a beauty!  ;)
With every moment, you have the opportunity to change things...

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 03:00:54 pm »
Your red merle aussie is also stunning!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Jen

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 12:18:41 pm »
Here are some more pics of my wonder dog! 8)

Jen

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 12:20:47 pm »
Here are some more pics of my wonder dog! 8)

Jen

Re: THUNDER MY WONDER DOG! I'm Back!!
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 07:29:27 pm »
 ;D  hi everyone!  I am back!  I have been crazy busy as a new stay at home mom!!!  i've missed you.  It took awhile to get my home computer up and running but I've got it going now!  And now that I have I can finally do that chat room thing that I was always missing!  Is it still a hot spot?  What's the best time!

Jen

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 09:30:20 pm »
Welcome back Jen. Glad you are liking the new job.  ;)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 09:40:11 pm »
We missed you Jen.  I have told so many people the story about your little girl, the woods and the shoe.  It is so like a pyr to take care of the little ones.  Rosie the Pyr I lost last year was like that with my granddaughter from the time she was born. 

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005, 09:46:43 pm »
Welcome back Jen, did you say, NEW stay at home mom, does that mean you had a baby or that you went from working outside the home to in the home?

Now you have to post new pics of your babies  ;D

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2005, 10:00:56 pm »
Hi!...I just love Thunder!...The bond he obviously shares with your daughter is amazing!!...It looks & sounds like Thunder chose little Jackie as "master"...I have heard they usually accept one person as their superior but it's not normally a child...Usuall y they see children as litter mates...So, it is extra awesome how he is with Jackie!!...How big of boy is Thunder?...He looks huge!...Samson just turned 1 & was 110 lbs. the last time we weighed him...He was 29 & 3/4 inches at the withers...But I think he will gain another inch & mayeb 10 lbs. before eh is finished growing...How old is Thunder?...B.t.w., We have a new Pyr baby!...His name is Pippin & he was born 2-19-05....He a good boy but all puppy for sure!...lol...Samso n is such a gentle soul...even as far as Pyr's go....It's pretty obvious our new boy will be alpha....They are great friends though!...Good luck with your Newfie!...We had considered a Newfie as our 2nd dog but our hearts are too full of Pyr! ;D

Jen

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2005, 10:25:57 pm »
HI EVERYONE  ;D!

Thank you all so much for all the kind words!  It is so great to be back among the happy doggie people!!!! Ok first off;  no new baby :P (hopefully one day but that dream seems to be slipping away with that time clock buzzer :'(), my co. moved 40 miles further than the already 40 miles I was commuting.  So, I qualified for an official lay off package and took it faster than you can say "My daughter and I will play with our dogs all day"  ;D  And Jabear you will be so happy to know my cranky spells vanished immediatly!!!!!! :-*  As for the story of the forrest the baby and shoe, I think about it every time I look in those beautiful Pyr eyes!  Thanks for spreading the love Lisa!!  GOD LOVE "EM!!!!!!  As for my Sasha Mama the goofy Newfie, we found a whole new world when we all went for a family swim!!!!  Jabaer you never told me it was going to be pee in you pants, side spilting FUN!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D  MY DOG IS A FISH!!!!!!!  I should have named her Princess Arial from Disney's Little Mermaid!!! And as for the wonderful world of Great Pyrenees;  I am researching this breed day and night and night and day and making great contacts and learning soooooooooo much about health issues, social issues, dog shows and responsible breeding ethics and of course genetics!  It's all sooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo ooooooo SERIOUS!! :o  But I love it and can't seem to get enough info!  I have become quite the student :o!!!!  Unfortunetly for my Pyr Thunder, I have learned enough to know he is not breeding material and shhhhhhhhh don't tell him but he is getting the big SNIP!! :'(  Oh will he ever give me big wet kisses again ??? :'(  MY BOY :'(  Ahhh... that pesky responsibilty thing!!!  I sent away to the AKC for his lineage and it was real good for a while with lots of CH with OFA's but then came the wacky and weird, one of the kennels actually call themselves "Hillbilly Acres".  HUMMMM could be a puppymill or backyarder???  So without sound health history and with questionable breeders it is goodbye to the you know whats!!! :'(  Now last but not least; the my daughter being the master of our Pyr.....SHE IS THE MASTER OF ALL WHO SERVE HER, WE ARE ALL MERE SERVANTS TO THE ALL MIGHTY 3 YEAR OLD!!!!  H.E.L.P.   ME!!!!

Jen