Author Topic: New dog wash facilities plus other pics  (Read 1119 times)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
New dog wash facilities plus other pics
« on: June 18, 2006, 08:06:38 pm »
Just got the ok to use the new shower for dog washing!!!!!  Yeah!!!  Eider's been getting stinkier by the day.  This comes none too soon.  I'll get some better pics once I actually clean the bathroom.  Didn't bother cleaning knowing I was planning to wash Prince Brat right away.

Jesse has been enjoying the coolness of the tile in the new room.  He likes the closet best.  Cool and enclosed, like a good den should be. 

Last is Eider in the laudry basket.  Not sure why the laundry basket is a favorite of his - we had some basket pics a number of months ago.  What surprised me so much is that he still finds a way to fit! 
Daphne

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Re: New dog wash facilities plus other pics
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 07:36:19 am »
Glad the pics came through.  All I see are red x's :-\  DH started work on this room about 5 yrs ago but the going has been incredibly slow.  He finally got a bug in his shorts to get it done and has made great progress.  After 18 yrs in this house, we finally have a bathroom downstairs!  Boy is that appreciated!  When we decided to put a bathroom in the space, the first thing on my mind was dog washing facilities.  We've always washed them outside under the hose or up in the clawfoot tub in winter.  Fine when I was young enough to manhandle the dogs but with these 100 lb plus dogs and my back not getting any younger, I REALLY wanted to be able to walk them right in and have a hand-held wand for washing.  I made DH put the shower hose in low enough that I could really direct the water up under the dog or where ever.  The entire room, except the ceiling, is tiled.  It isn't a big room but it has the basics!   ;D  Still some things to finish up and I still need to clean up but it is functional (except the sink - forgot to get a part last time we were at the hardware store)!  Now the cool trick will be to try to get Carter in there and give HIM a shower :o :o  Not brave enough to try that yet.
Daphne