Author Topic: A Crazy Woman  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Svnt4God

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Website
A Crazy Woman
« on: June 18, 2006, 02:09:53 pm »
This is so funny ... I have to tell it.

I have a side job of taking loan documents out to people's houses for them to sign them ... I explain the docs... I notarized them... Blah, blah, blah ......ANYWAY:

Last night, I had a appointment in Redondo Beach. Redondo Beach is usually clouded over with overcast, so it is almost always about 10-15 degrees cooler there than anywhere else.

So, I bring my dogs with me for the car ride... they go with me to almost everyone I do ... unless it's an extremely hot day. The dogs wait in the car while I go inside. I always roll all the windows down part way so there is a cross breeze ... my dogs kick back and wait for me. They love to go.

Apparantly, the neighbor had an "issue" with me leaving these poor, defenseless dogs in the "HOT" car to suffocate while I went inside. She called the house where I was and complained. So I went outside to see if my dogs were dying from heat exhaustion or something like that ... they weren't ... they were perfectly happy. The neighbor then tells me that if I don't take the dogs out of the car that she was going to call the police.

So, of course, I told her "OK then, dial away".

20 minutes later the Police show up. I am feeling really bad that this is happening to my clients because of me being there. So, I go out to meet the police officer. He is just standing there with a smirk on his face and rolls his eyes. He cannot believe that this crazy lady called the police about dog abuse when the dogs were sitting in a open window car on a cloudy over cast day.

I offered to the police officer that I would turn on the engine and let the A/C run ... he laughed and said it wasn't necessary. So the police officer took my name, address and phone # and the two of us had a good laugh about it.

When I was leaving the Police Officer was still out there getting ready to leave himself. He came out of his car and came across the street to talk to me. He said apparantly this wacky lady seems to believe that dogs have the same "laws" as infants and children ... it's just not legal to leave them in the car. Since he didn't agree with this crazy lady, he said she is going to file a complaint against him too. Then, just when he's getting back into his car, he said in a loud enough voice that the woman can hear him: "You know... not ALL Redondo Beach residents are like that".
LOL

I must say ... this was a first for me. LOL

chaosndestruction

Re: A Crazy Woman
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 08:33:47 pm »
HAHAHA! what a crazy lady...and YAY for the police sticking up for  you!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 08:41:10 pm »
I'm sorry that happened to you but I am laughing about the crazy lady!...Ya' know though...I'd rather have someone like that who cares than someone who doesn't take the time to think about animals at all. :)

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 02:10:05 pm »
Oh, Holy Hannah. 

Is there a TRIBE of them in RB?  Because I saw a guy haranguing mall security at Del Amo for this about this very same thing a week or so ago!

Sheryl, Dogless and sad