Author Topic: Pensacola July 1st  (Read 42866 times)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Pensacola July 1st
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2006, 06:48:55 am »
Guys please please take lots of photos for me.  We will be there in spirit!

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

cricket36580

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2006, 08:06:17 pm »
Oh fiddlesticks!  That's just rotten!  Didn't you tell the ickies this was a rotten time for them to make an appearance????  That's just wrong!  You have to go....No one else knows how to get there.... 

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2006, 08:28:24 pm »
I'm still going!  I just hope that I'm not the only one to show up at the fireworks place.  :-\
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2006, 08:56:47 pm »
Oh I am so sorry that Brandon does not feel good.  We do have to plan another one very soon.  I got my shirt from cricket today, so I am going to have it on even if I am not there in person I will be in spirit. 

Lisa

Melissa it there anything we can do for you and Brandon?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 08:57:47 pm by DixieSugarBear »

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2006, 10:24:21 pm »
Well, that sucks that Brandon isn't feeling well.  Hopefully the new antibiotics work.  I know what you mean about the medical profession, I had a doctor tell me (granted he ran some tests and they came back neg.), that some people just hurt, and apparently I'm one of those people!  Well, I plan on going.  I might not be moving the greatest!!  Had a knot next to my shoulder blade, went to work tonight, turned my head and that was it!!  Neck and shoulder area not happy with me!!  But me and my boxer (don't have a BP anymore) will be at the fireworks place at 7.  That's off the Wilcox exit right?
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2006, 05:27:08 am »
I may be up for Petsmart on the 4th. Hope you guys have a great day today.

Lisa

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2006, 07:46:19 am »
Unfortunately we couldn't make it this weekend but I can't WAIT to see photos!  Hope everyone is splashing and drooling and having a blast! 
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2006, 09:00:39 am »
Yea I decided i couldnt go either.  Baxter has lost so much weight from being sick and Bell is in standing heat.  I would only have taken Winston but i am worried about leaving baxter for too long.  I will just have to travel down to see everyone from georgia.  i move on the fifth :'(
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2006, 02:54:30 pm »
Hi Amber,

I am so glad that little Baxter is doing better. We may try to make it over to the Malbis Pet Smart on the 4th.  Maybe if you need a break boxing you can come over.

Lisa

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2006, 04:14:00 pm »
o definatley
 ;D
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

cricket36580

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2006, 06:35:03 pm »
Somebody else will have to bring the camera...Ds lost mine today at the dog park.   >:(  >:(  >:( I can't believe it.  I told him to go get the towels and put the camera in the car and he totally spaced on me.  Now he doesn't remember ever having it.  So I guess someone at the dog park has a mediocre Kodak now.   >:( 

That aside, we had a blast!!!!  Our pups were, of course, the best behaved there and had the best recall/control.  Bella did her diva queen routine at first but settled right down.   We went in the "big" park first and got everyone aquainted and then went down to the beach.  Even Bell (the other one  8) ) swam.  Bava and Sophie ruled the water of course.  Feste and my Bella did their darndest to drown a boxer that was there.  Chance was just happy everyone was there to play with him.  Daphne was just happy to play. 

We left there and went downtown to the bakery.  They have some really neat stuff!  They even carry the really cool backpacks!  The dogs gave their resounding approval of the gourmet treats too.  Then we went down to a sidewalk cafe and had lunch.  They really catered to our pups...They brought out pitchers of water and styrofoam bowls and everything.  They were very happy to have us there.  The pups gave a very good accounting of themselves to all of the other patrons too.  By the time we all left and came home, everyone was exhausted!

I unloaded kids and Bella and loaded up Mo and Fos and took them to the duck pond in Fairhope.  I have discovered that Mo isn't all that impressed with people running up to him to pet him.  I guess with his deafness, he doesn't like all that motion around his head.  Both of them were perfect gentlemen though.  Baloo got to go for a walk when we all got home.  I'm a very tired little girl now...

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2006, 07:39:53 am »
WOW!   What a great day!  As Cricket posted, all the kids were great and had an absolute blast!  We met some interesting folks while we were out there and maybe got a few new members.  It was a wonderful way for all of us to give our pups a  chance to socialize and play togather (and play they did!) as well as for the humans to hang out and share our love and enjoyment of our furry friends.  I'm definitely looking forward to the next time. 
A well-deserved shout-out to Tre Fratelli Italian restaurant and to Central Bark Bakery in Pensacola for their incredible hospitality (and great eats!) - if you are ever in Pensacola give them a try and let them know we appreciate it!
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

cricket36580

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2006, 09:04:23 am »
I think I would frame the one of Feste in the mirror!  How cool!

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2006, 11:57:46 am »
Sorry, that stinks about losing your camera :(

I felt like poop on a cracker, and still had a great great time yesterday.  We have some slower moving pups here today, and just downright lethargic last night, I know they had a blast.  Bava was very taken with Daphne the Boxer, he didn't want to leave her side, but then she would kinda follow him when he went off sometimes, so I think those two became really good buds.  Sophie was a wild child as usual, I was just really suprised at how much darned energy she has, I guess it is a landseer thing, she's our turbo newf :)  When Bella & Feste weren't working on that boxer, she and Feste were working on him, she took more than she gave, he kept submerging her, but I think she liked it? Who knows, she's a strange kid.  I think they were just giving him heck because he POOPED IN THE WATER though.. eeeew.

Cricket did a great job of summing up our day.  It was funny when our group decided to go over to the water park, the whole dog park emptied out with us and followed us over there.   
All the dogs got washed up at the wash station on the beach, and we headed with our clean dogs to the central bark bakery, where we actually met a Great Dane that belonged to the owner of the bakery who was taller than Feste, never thought I would see that.  It's a nice place that I want to go back to soon, they sell higher end great such as Katie's bumpers, and ruff wear, really really good stuff.  Oh and the bakery goods, I'm pretty sure I'll probably try some of those myself, they smell really good.

Tres Fratelli was very very nice to accomodate us and our pups , our waitress was a very nice lady we had actually seen at the park before who has an Argentinean Mastiff.
They brought out several pitchers of cold water for the pups and COLD BEER! (YAY!) for us  :) and the food was very good.  Oh and thank you very much Cricket! for doing the Shirts, and the stylin' bibs look awesome!

Sophie in her stylin' Bib.. Isn't she cute?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 12:01:50 pm by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2006, 11:59:45 am »
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 12:00:25 pm by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€