Author Topic: Surprise! Introducing Lola. :D  (Read 15601 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: Surprise! Introducing Lola. :D
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2006, 07:55:34 am »
She is so precious!...That's what my DH calls "falling into a bucket of luck". ;D

Lyn

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2006, 09:43:50 am »
That's for sure, complete and utter luck. I'm glad to have her.. although sometimes I think to myself "Oh lord.. what did I do" LOL Bubba is just getting out of the puppy crazies and now it's starting all over again. ;) We decided to keep her name.. Lola is it.. so I made her a pawprint.  :)

I found out just a few minutes ago that Lola doesn't have any shots at all! I'm betting she hasen't been de-wormed either. UGH!

She's very shy with strange people and I want to nip that in the butt asap. So much for socalizing her out of the house until I can get her into the vet.

Housetraining is going pretty so far.. I have to keep her on leash/near me in my computer room/basement because she seems to think it a good place to pee. But I've been giving her free run of the kitchen and our bedroom at night with no accidents. But my bedroom is small as I've mentioned before and luckily she's considering it her 'den'.

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2006, 10:30:35 am »
Congrats Lyn...she is so beautiful! 
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

kristi

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2006, 10:31:45 am »
she's beautiful!
 :-*
-k.

Offline wiss329

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2006, 11:16:03 am »
Oh my word...she is adorable!  Strange how the right thing can come along without even expecting it.  Best of luck and congrats!  :D

Blair

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2006, 01:10:25 pm »
What a sweet doll she is...congrats on such a beautiful addirion to your family  :)

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2006, 01:16:19 pm »
She is sooo cute! 
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2006, 01:30:32 pm »
OMG, she is just the cutest pup ever!!!!! I am so jealous :D
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2006, 04:15:41 pm »
I must have that puppy!!!! She is gorgeous! So glad Bubba likes his new sister Lola! Definitely need to put yellow flowers in her hair like the song! Glad you finally have your puppy!!!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Lyn

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2006, 08:02:33 am »
I'll have to get her a collar with yellow flowers on it. :D

I completely killed my camera batteries yesterday so I'm charging them up now.. So lots more pictures will be coming. LOL

I weighed her lastnight because she's darn heavy it's killing me carrying her up and down the stairs and she's 31 pounds. :o I don't think Bubba weighed that much at her age. So either they are wrong about her age, or she's going to be one big girl. The Saint weight chart I have says females should be about 25-26 pounds at her age.

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2006, 10:48:08 am »
I LOVE HER!  She is such an awesome pupper! :-*

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2006, 07:25:30 pm »
She is cute! I love that picture of her and Bubba.  How is  Bubba handling all of this?
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

Lyn

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2006, 08:01:33 am »
Bubba is actually doing better with her than I expected. He gets carried away every once in awhile (over-excited) and I have to correct him. But overall he's being really good. He lays right down on the floor to play with her. They mouth each other and she jumps all over him. Lola has clamped onto his lips/ears a couple times now, it had to hurt. But he doesn't even so much as growl at her. So I step in and correct her if she gets too crazy.

She's definitely a little spitfire. She's super submissive/shy with people but bossy sometimes with Bubba. If he grabs a toy she will run right over and take it. Poor Bubba looks at me like "Mom!! Did you see that?!" LOL I'm going to need to buy 2 of everything, although she will probably still steal whatever he has. :D

Yeah, Bubba is finally starting to fill out a bit now.. I'm not getting the 'He's too skinny' comments now. Thank god.. ;) The fish based kibble is working wonders for him.