Author Topic: My nuwfies been hit!  (Read 3957 times)

Offline lenas mom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
My nuwfies been hit!
« on: June 22, 2006, 04:51:38 pm »
We have had my puppy Lena for about a month and last week my son hit her with his truck coming up the driveway.  Poor kid he felt so bad he didn't see her!  She was x-rayed head to toe and no broken bones but some internal bruising.  She did pick up her ball today and brought to me but I didn't dare throw it.  She's on pain meds so I don't want her to over do it when she can't feel the pain.  Poor thing any suggestions on keeping her calm??

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: My nuwfies been hit!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 05:08:30 pm »
Maybe just sit with her as much as you can....read a book, watch TV, but just sit.  Need help? I'd love to sit and Newfie pup!!!

Please let us know how she's doing!

cricket36580

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 05:17:22 pm »
Bless your heart!  I second the "just sit" with her.  I know you don't have time to, but you have to.  It's the only way.  If you crate her, she's probably just going to stress and you won't be able to monitor her like you will if she's in your lap.  Take it as a day off.  She should be back at it tomorrow.

Offline Love My Emmee

• Ankle Biter
  • My Dane, My Savior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 06:51:03 pm »
 :'( I'm so sorry for you and your son!!!  It has been said twice, but I'm going to say it again...Just sit with her...if she has a favorite chew toy or such, maybe make sure that it is in reach..I don't think I would play ball until the vet clears her...Good Luck!!!

Blessings,
Heather
People will always judge you, but your will dog love you for who you are.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 07:06:48 am »
I am so sorry.  Cricket has a great idea "make the time", and just hold this special little baby.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 03:04:16 pm »
You should let your son expiate his guilty heart for running into his fur-sis by taking turns sitting quietly with her too.  :)

You could also use this as a chance to reinforce some of her 'quiet' commands, like sitting, down, settle. If you keep her mind engaged, she won't get bored and go looking for things to do!

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline lenas mom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 08:05:15 am »
Thanks everyone, thats what I've been doing just sitting and petting her.  She is all ready 80% better just limping some.
I am useing this time to get her used to being brushed and messing with her feet and she Loves it.
Man it's hard not knowing when they are suffering.
Thanks again everybody.
Also how do I get our picture to show up when I post?

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 09:24:28 am »
On the right side under where it says User tools, go to "profile." That will shoow your profile page. Then on the left side under where it says Modify profile go to "forum profile information." Scroll down a bit and where it says "I have my own pic," you can put in the url for an image if you have one. If you have a photo of your doggy on you own computer, go below that to upload your own picture and browse for it in your folders. Click "change profile" at the bottom of the page when you're done!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline lenas mom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 10:09:09 am »
Thanks- But my picture shows up in the profile but not when I post?

doggylover

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 12:05:05 pm »
You might try a smaller pic, I had that same trouble till I did that.  BTW how is she feeling now?