Author Topic: Can you believe this???  (Read 4995 times)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Can you believe this???
« on: June 24, 2006, 10:09:40 am »
Ok, it must be the week for lost animals or something.  Earlier in the week we had 3 kittens dropped off at our house, then last night someone found a Pug running around downtown and handed it to my SIL and she brought it here.

Now I've had to be the bad guy 2x this week and I HATE being the bad guy!   :'(  First we couldn't even bring the kittens inside because Jay is severely allergic/asthmatic. So we made a little bed on the porch and put some tender vittles out for the little ones.  I finally found a local vet to take them in, which ended up breaking my kids' hearts.  Especially my daughter's, she was crying and unconsolable for hours and is still upset about it. Don't I feel like a horrid mom now...

Then, get this, my SIL was planning on KEEPING the Pug!  I told her we had to look for its owners first, since I've seen people walking pugs downtown.  Her and her BF figured since it was her birthday yesterday, and someone handed her the dog it was fair game.  Before I went to bed they finally agreed to let me call around this AM. 

As soon as I woke up, I started calling local vets and AC.  At first I had no luck, but then the owners called AC and got my number about 10 min after I called them.  The people were crying they were so happy that we had their boy.  They were moving into an apt yesterday, and both their pugs had ran out the door while they were bringing stuff in.  They found the female, but the male took off.  So I was happy, but when I told my SIL and her BF, they were upset.  They were like, "Oh, we thought you weren't going to call until later"  and then they admitted that they were going to try and leave before I called anyone!!!!   So now they're pissy at me because they didn't get a free pug or a reward.   >:(

UGH!!!!!  I am so angry right now its not even funny!  I mean, it freaks me out that people would actually do that!  I pray to God that I never lose one of my crew, because I'd be hysterical thinking that someone would decide to keep them without even looking for their owner.  :(  Now I get to go deal with the cold shoulder treament... sigh.

~moni
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Can you believe this???
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 10:27:25 am »
of course I got some pics while the critters were here...
Kittens, dubbed Escappee(esKAHpay), Leche(LAYchay) and Stripes:

Puggie, who SIL was calling Buster, but found out his name is Jack:

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 10:39:13 am »
Good for you for helping the critters out! :-*...I can't imagine how happy Jack's owners were to get him back! ;D...I also can't believe your SIL was just going to keep the poor pug! >:(...That is so wrong!...It would kill me if I lost Sam or Pippin & didn't get them back. :'(

Blair

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 10:43:54 am »
You did the right thing finding Jack's owners  :) Your SIL will get over it and hopefully realized it was wrong for wanted to keep him instead of finding his family. Just ask her how she would feel if that was her baby that was lost and some one wanted to keep him instead of finding her. Goob Job Moni  :)

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 10:53:13 am »
You are the HERO in all this, NOT the bad guy!  Thank you for helping each and every one of these helpless little guys!

Weedsport, NY

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 11:43:33 am »
Moni you did what was right and Jack is back with his owners. Your SIL will get over it.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

doggylover

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 11:44:25 am »
I don't mean to offend your sil, but how SELFISH...anyo ne who looked at that pudgy puggy, could tell in a nanosecond that it hadn't missed a meal and that it had doting owners.
You are the HERO, like everyone else is saying.  If there were more people like you, who do the right thing even when its 'uncomfortable', things would be SO much better for all of us.  Yay for you, and yay for that lucky Puglet!
 :) 

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 11:56:53 am »
Oh, my!!! I can't imagine not trying to find the owner!  I'd 1,000 times rather KNOW my animal was dead and gone than have it lost and never know what happened!  Get your SIL a list of petfinder pups she might like and/or a list from the local pound.  Goodness, I hope you can get her to see how horrified Jack's owners must have been!
Daphne

doggylover

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 12:02:56 pm »
Oh, my!!! I can't imagine not trying to find the owner!  I'd 1,000 times rather KNOW my animal was dead and gone than have it lost and never know what happened!  Get your SIL a list of petfinder pups she might like and/or a list from the local pound.  Goodness, I hope you can get her to see how horrified Jack's owners must have been!
Yeah, thats my worst fear.  Badger disappears, and I never know what happened to him.  It would be horrifying.  My mind would immediately go to him being used as dogfight bait, or for research for make up or medicine...Gah, I could make myself insane with that kind of thing. 
I agree that the sil should get a pupper if she wants one so much, then she'll probably be able to understand more clearly how horrible it would be to just lose your pet. 

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 12:43:32 pm »
Thanks guys, you're making me feel better since I'm on the $#*7 list at home.  The kids are still upset about the kittens and Jay's sis & BF are still PO'd about Jack.  I guess she was even saying stuff in front of Tori.. *shrug*  The good news about the kittens is that the vets have a waiting list of people who want kittens so as soon as they're vetted and given a bill of clean health, they'll find homes quickly.

I had to laugh about the pudgey puggy comment.  When I was calling around and giving descriptions, someone asked if he was a small dog and I said, "Well... he's a pug.. but I don't think small fits.  More like well loved..."   ;) 

It turns out that he was a rescue and they had their name on a waiting list for almost 6months before they got him.  AND he has already lost a ton of weight since they've gotten him.   :o   So he is a lucky boy.

As far as finding another pug, I mentioned rescues and stuff to them.  But they don't want to pay for a dog AND were actually hoping for a reward at least!   Grrrrr!  They were even balking at the idea of rescue adoption fees of around 100$ and no amount of explaining would get through.  Of course they grew up with "free puppies" and jay's family rarely took their dogs to the vets so I don't know.  I'm just happy that Jack is back with his family.  *sigh*  I'm just waiting for them to leave now so I don't have to deal with them for a while.

~moni

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2006, 06:12:23 pm »
You did the right thing.  If Bella ever gets lost, I hope she is found by someone like you. :)
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

doggylover

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 12:55:43 am »
Thanks guys, you're making me feel better since I'm on the $#*7 list at home.  The kids are still upset about the kittens and Jay's sis & BF are still PO'd about Jack.  I guess she was even saying stuff in front of Tori.. *shrug*  The good news about the kittens is that the vets have a waiting list of people who want kittens so as soon as they're vetted and given a bill of clean health, they'll find homes quickly.

I had to laugh about the pudgey puggy comment.  When I was calling around and giving descriptions, someone asked if he was a small dog and I said, "Well... he's a pug.. but I don't think small fits.  More like well loved..."   ;) 

It turns out that he was a rescue and they had their name on a waiting list for almost 6months before they got him.  AND he has already lost a ton of weight since they've gotten him.   :o   So he is a lucky boy.

As far as finding another pug, I mentioned rescues and stuff to them.  But they don't want to pay for a dog AND were actually hoping for a reward at least!   Grrrrr!  They were even balking at the idea of rescue adoption fees of around 100$ and no amount of explaining would get through.  Of course they grew up with "free puppies" and jay's family rarely took their dogs to the vets so I don't know.  I'm just happy that Jack is back with his family.  *sigh*  I'm just waiting for them to leave now so I don't have to deal with them for a while.

~moni
I officially revoke my comment about her getting a dog.  She should get a pet rock.  If she is really determined, she could put a BPO bandana on it. 
GRRRRRR

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 06:25:00 am »
Sounds like you SIL would have wanted him for all of a week or so. I bet Jack's Mom & Dad think you are great.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline BlackGreatF

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2006, 02:12:14 pm »
OMG that is too Funny in the naming of one of those Kittens.  I have the exact alike tabby named Stripes.

The one on the right, the one on the left is King Tut.  :D

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2006, 08:06:02 am »
You are the HERO in all this, NOT the bad guy!  Thank you for helping each and every one of these helpless little guys!

Perfectly said!
I applaud you Moni!