Author Topic: Million Dollar Legs  (Read 4495 times)

Offline Boyle

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Million Dollar Legs
« on: June 26, 2006, 08:46:34 am »
Kristi, We cannot thank you enough for introducing us to Million Dollar Legs! 

A little background for everyone - We met up with Kristi and her family on Saturday at Montrose Dog Beach then went to lunch (Nola was being a psycho bone-head so he was sent home).  Kristi ordered a drink called Million Dollar Legs which is just about the most refreshing cocktail ever! 

Kristi, It was great meeting you and your family.  We all had such a blast at lunch and during our shopping expedition.  Let Gabby know that her drawing is on the fridge as promised.

We had to stop on the way home for the drink ingredients and proceeded to have too many on Saturday evening. 

EllieAndBlu

Re: Million Dollar Legs
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 08:48:44 am »
so glad y'all had a great time!

do tell - what is in a "Million Dollar Legs?"

There is nothing I like better than a new, refreshing, tasty cocktail! lol
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 08:54:25 am by EllieAndBlu »

Offline Boyle

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 10:57:46 am »
Silly me, I didn't bring the recipe to the office.  It has pineapple juice, chambord and Malibu rum but I cannot remember the ratios.  Kristi knows it for sure.

The Chambord bottle cracks me up.  It looks like the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch from Monty Python's Holy Grail.  So, needless to say, I was running around with it Saturday quoting from the Book of Armaments, "then
lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thou foe."  I am so easily amused. 

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 11:11:10 am »
oh THAT is hysterical!

and Ahhhhhh chambord..... takes me back to my early teen years when we would sneak a "snort" or two or three..... from my friend's father's bottle of chambord that was stashed in the liquor cabinet...  I need to get me a bottle of that.... for old times sake!

As for Million Dollar Legs..... sounds delicious! I will have to get my hands on that recipe!  :)

kristi

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 12:23:26 pm »
I'm so glad we came to meet you on Saturday - we had a great time! :D

Ok - I have to say that The Million Dollar Legs Martini is truly my favorite (and a real crowd pleaser)! ;D

It is a signature drink at The Fairmont Hotel at Vancouver Airport in BC. Every Fairmont has it's own signature drink and it is named/mixed for a famous person. They have them listed in a booklet on the tables by hotel and give the history behind each drink. I believe this one was named after one of the famous actresses - unfortuately when I was there I had too many, and I can't remember who she was!

I discovered it last summer & loved it so much that Martin contacted the hotel to get the recipe for me - isn't he the best! :-*

They are very easy to mix... they are so smooth and go down even easier!
So, if you'd like to try them...

Million Dollar Legs Martini
1.5 oz Malibu Rum
1 oz pineapple juice
0.5 oz Chambord
*mix in martini shaker with ice
pour into martini glass
if desired garnish with fresh fruit (orange, pineapple, cherry, etc.)

enjoy! ;)
-k.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 12:31:31 pm »
YUM, YUM, YUM!
Thanks for posting the recipe....  I plan on celebrating the end of a VERY busy month by whipping up a gallonv... or two... or three...    ;D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 12:33:37 pm by EllieAndBlu »

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 01:35:18 pm »
Oh that Appletini does sound FINE! lol

I am adding those to the list of "must have ingredients on hand" .... YUUUUMMMMMMM!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 02:30:48 pm »
oh yes Midori.... just like Chambord, it takes me way back to my teen years... only this time it was have a "snort" or two or three.... from my parent's liquor supply!

Yes - I MUST make some of your FINE appletinis.... YUUMMMMMM - I may just have to swing by the liquor store on my way home from work.  :)

doggylover

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 11:43:04 pm »
that sounds good!!!

I have the perfect recipe for a FINE appletini if anyone's interested.

Appletini
Fill your martini shaker with ice
2.5 shots of apple Vodka
2.5 shots of Midori Liquor
Fill the remainder of the shaker with Apple Pucker or whichever apple flavored mixer you like. Garnish with a fresh slice of green apple or a cherry.

Makes 3.5 Martini's (4 if you stretch it out)
::sob:: I JUST recently discovered the beauty of appletinis...t hey are very bad.  I'm not a big drinker, maybe one drink a year, if that.  Now that I know about these wonderful concoctions, it's irresistable!  Million dollar legs?!  I am NOT trying that, it sounds WAY too yummy.