Author Topic: TOOOOOOOO HOT FOR DOGS  (Read 5188 times)

doggylover

TOOOOOOOO HOT FOR DOGS
« on: June 25, 2006, 04:09:12 pm »
OK for those of you who live in states that are ridiculously hot, you aren't going to understand this rant! 
I live in the Pacific Northwest.  People choose to live here, partly for the mild weather and the pleasant seasons.  We even tolerate rain ALL THE FREAKING TIME because it makes everything green and lush. 
WE DO NOT TOLERATE THE HEAT WELL AT ALL!!!! Most of us (myself included) don't have air conditioning.  It is 100 degrees out.  100!!!!!!! Tommorrow is supposed to be 101!!!!!!
This is not fair.  This is not the arrangement that all us Pacific Northesters made!  We tolerate the rain, in exchange for temperate weather! 
My poor dog is panting.  My hubby and I are dripping sweat.  We are going down to the river, with Pookie, to join all the other ticked off people. 
Did I mention that the river isn't even clean?  It's disgusting, and I'm going to swim in it anyway!
ACK I wish you Canadians would send a cold front our way.  STOP HOGGING ALL THE COLD AIR!!!!!
 :D :-X :-\ :D 

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: TOOOOOOOO HOT FOR DOGS
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 04:12:09 pm »
OK for those of you who live in states that are ridiculously hot, you aren't going to understand this rant! 
I live in the Pacific Northwest.  People choose to live here, partly for the mild weather and the pleasant seasons.  We even tolerate rain ALL THE FREAKING TIME because it makes everything green and lush. 
WE DO NOT TOLERATE THE HEAT WELL AT ALL!!!! Most of us (myself included) don't have air conditioning.  It is 100 degrees out.  100!!!!!!! Tommorrow is supposed to be 101!!!!!!
This is not fair.  This is not the arrangement that all us Pacific Northesters made!  We tolerate the rain, in exchange for temperate weather! 
My poor dog is panting.  My hubby and I are dripping sweat.  We are going down to the river, with Pookie, to join all the other ticked off people. 
Did I mention that the river isn't even clean?  It's disgusting, and I'm going to swim in it anyway!
ACK I wish you Canadians would send a cold front our way.  STOP HOGGING ALL THE COLD AIR!!!!!
 :D :-X :-\ :D 

How about a can of fog? There's plenty here to go around and it is sold by the can. 100 wow, what is that in celcius?

doggylover

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 04:14:17 pm »

How about a can of fog? There's plenty here to go around and it is sold by the can. 100 wow, what is that in celcius?

It is 4,302,837 degrees celcius!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, I don't know how hot it is celcius.  It's so hot you can't breathe.  It's so hot, you lose your appetite.  It's so hot, my dog could probably die from heat exhaustion. 

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 04:18:20 pm »
Ok, I looked it up - that is 37 to 38° Celcius. That is the temperature I turn the oven on to bake cod! :D I have never, and most likely will never feel that kind of heat. Good Luck in your attempts to stay cool. We consider it a heat wave if it reaches 25°C!!!!!!

doggylover

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 04:22:35 pm »
Ok, I looked it up - that is 37 to 38° Celcius. That is the temperature I turn the oven on to bake cod! :D I have never, and most likely will never feel that kind of heat. Good Luck in your attempts to stay cool. We consider it a heat wave if it reaches 25°C!!!!!!
LOLOL I FEEL like a baked cod!  We are hosing Badger down (he HATES IT but stands there looking like Eeore with his head hanging)every half hour or so, then making him come inside. 
If left to his own devices, he would lay out and scorch in the hot sun. 
 8)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 04:23:53 pm »
Dang, sorry it's so hot!  :-[ It's not even 100 degrees here in the southern United States today! We've got I think 84 degrees out there today. Will and I even went to the dog park this morning!
But in a few days we will be back up to 100 and I'll be hatin' it too.

Hang in there and drink lots of water! (That's what they always say around here!)
 :)

doggylover

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 04:28:13 pm »
Doghealer, I honestly don't know how you tolerate this awful heat.  Living in the South is TOTALLY out of the question for that ONE reason!!!
Thanks, I will drink lots of water.  Man, as all you BPO'rs like to say, this TOTALLY suxes!!!!!   :-\

DakotaMom

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 05:11:57 pm »
I agree doggylover! As my Momma always says, "You can always put more clothes on, but you can only take so much off."

I want the nice cool weather back so we can meet at the river without the dogs dying in the heat.

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 05:16:56 pm »
I bought 4 box fans this afternoon and bolted them together in a grid, and attached a mister set that has 5 or 6 nozzles, just so I can do some work in the garage.  I'm going to hook it up to a timer for outside for Mowgli who stays outside on most days.  About $50 total, and it works great.

If it is fairly dry consider doing some kind of evaporative cooling, very easy to do, cheap and works great.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 05:20:04 pm »
I am totally with you.  I HATE HEAT, I HATE SUMMER, I HATE HOT-NESS!  Did I tell you that I get grumpy in the heat??  Profanity just spews out!  It's not my fault!!!  I just cut a bunch of roses to bring in before they all turned crispy and described the bouqet to middle son as one **cking gorgeous bouquet.  Now what kind of mother says that??!!!!  My head is hanging....but it so hot!!!  We're driving up to our mountain cabin and the Central Valley (where Jaime is!!!) is like 116 F!  What is that celsius?? 45C???

TURN OFF THE FURNACE, somebody!!

****hmmmm.  I just read this over and it sort of sounds like a rant!!! Sorry!******

doggylover

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 05:25:19 pm »
I am totally with you.  I HATE HEAT, I HATE SUMMER, I HATE HOT-NESS!  Did I tell you that I get grumpy in the heat??  Profanity just spews out!  It's not my fault!!!  I just cut a bunch of roses to bring in before they all turned crispy and described the bouqet to middle son as one **cking gorgeous bouquet.  Now what kind of mother says that??!!!!  My head is hanging....but it so hot!!!  We're driving up to our mountain cabin and the Central Valley (where Jaime is!!!) is like 116 F!  What is that celsius?? 45C???

TURN OFF THE FURNACE, somebody!!

****hmmmm.  I just read this over and it sort of sounds like a rant!!! Sorry!******
LOLOL it's SUPPOSED to be a rant!  My mouth gets foul in the heat too.  GRRRRRRRRRRRum p

*Brandon, I'll get hubby right on that!  Thanks for the ideas!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 05:31:03 pm »
I agree doggylover! As my Momma always says, "You can always put more clothes on, but you can only take so much off."

I'm not your mom  ???  That's my favorite saying.  Anything above 70 degrees is too hot IMO.  It's raining out.  Gonna go walk the dogs and enjoy being wet because it is FINALLY not too hot.  Poor puppers have hardly been walked all week because I'VE been too hot!  The heat just really takes it out of me and it has been a rough two weeks anyway so it has been a double whammy. 
Daphne

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 05:37:07 pm »
Ok.. it's pretty ghetto, but you get the idea, it took less than 30 minutes, and it helps a lot if you need to work on something outside, or for a hot pup.
I'm going to make a base for it with a couple of lawn-mower wheels so I can move it around easier.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 05:37:47 pm by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2006, 05:39:00 pm »
OH....how I'd love to be standing in front of that right now!  Looks awesome! 

doggylover

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2006, 05:43:04 pm »
You are handy!! That is super cool!
 :D