Author Topic: Have I mentioned lately...  (Read 3213 times)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Have I mentioned lately...
« on: June 25, 2006, 07:51:11 pm »
how much I adore Carter?  He is such a loveable, hugable dirt merchant!  He really seems to grow more affectionate every day.  When we come back from our walks, he just wants to snuggle and love on me for a while.  Aside from the drool and the fact that he's Pigpen's brother and I need a shower again, it is just absolutely wonderful to have such a dear, silly teddy bear.  Well, reality is that even though I need a shower, I don't mind it a bit.  Anyone missing out on dog lovin' should try out the nearest rescue or shelter  :-* ;D
Daphne

doggylover

Re: Have I mentioned lately...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 09:28:36 pm »
It isn't dirty if it's love!
 ;)

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 12:32:53 am »
I am pretty sure I am a hair's breath away from becoming a social pariah because of my usual appearance.
By early afternoon I am usually veiled in thin layer of dog slobber and a significant amount of dog hair, topped off by a layer of baby slobber and a significant amount of my own hair that Sam has ripped out and finally completed by the splash of baby vomit/spit up (that I did not notice until AFTER I returned home from the store)dripping from my shoulder and down my back.

But it is all LOVE!! :-*
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 06:13:05 am »
Ha ha ha!!!  I was sending subliminal messages and didn't even know it!!

What I THOUGHT I was trying to say but apparently didn't express it well was that I can't believe how much I absolutely adore Carter already.  He's only been here a few months and he has truly taken a huge part of my heart.  I love Katie and Eider and Jesse but I am head over heels for Carter.  He can do no wrong in my mind.  The dirt is part of his unique adorable personality.

Then I went to feed him this morning.  It has been raining again.  He's got a fresh dirt hole.  He is COVERED head to toe with fresh dirt and is SOAKING wet.  He LOVES me and won't eat breakfast without some serious huggin' lovin' first.  I need another shower.  Guess I was sending some subliminal messages last night and didn't even know it ;D  I mean, one shower a day ought to be enough, don't you think?
Daphne

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 09:35:07 am »
I'm definitely with you on that one! Sadie is absolutely disgusting and I couldn't love her more. I've lost all shame since she entered my life. Drool doesn't phase me in the slightest. Muddy pawprints are commonplace in my house. My friends are so grossed out by her and me when I barely blink an eye when she sneezes all over me. All I know is that when I get home from a long day at work and she thinks she's died and gone to heaven because Mommy's home, I forget to be disgusted when she wipes a shoestring of drool all down my leg.  :D
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 08:27:40 pm »
Tina, I do have a hazmat suit, it is just too hot to wear it!  LOL!  It is a lined flannel shirt in various ugly shades of dirt brown.  It is my "dog walking" shirt.  Guess I should say "dog hugging" shirt.  Anyway, here is Carter's "Pigpen" pic.
Daphne

doggylover

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 08:30:43 pm »
OMG that pic is hilariously cute, what a happy filthy pupper!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 08:36:43 pm »
Oh, Dixie and Sugar Bear really want to play in the mud with Carter. Do you think they really want to be brown dogs?
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 11:27:16 pm »
Tina, I do have a hazmat suit, it is just too hot to wear it!  LOL!  It is a lined flannel shirt in various ugly shades of dirt brown.  It is my "dog walking" shirt.  Guess I should say "dog hugging" shirt.  Anyway, here is Carter's "Pigpen" pic.
I will so gladly trade you Pippin for Carter!...Yes, Carter is dirty...Pippin takes it to sarcastic levels! :D :-\ :D

Kiahpyr

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 11:31:00 am »
Look at them dirty happy dogs!!!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 01:07:52 pm »
Gotta say I get such a laugh every time I see that pic of Pippin.  He is SO over the top!  Carter can thankfully never compete with that!  I think I'll keep him anyway, even if he doesn't win the dirty dog competition.  He's quite the smooching love muffin  :-*   ;)  Good thing he can't hear much because he'll lose what little dignity he has if he finds out what I call him.  Then again, it is Carter.  What little dignity I tried to give him with that name, he has never tried to live up to it.  He's as happy as can be being as undignified as can be.  Just one more reason I love him to pieces.
Daphne