Author Topic: Lucky Lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2700 times)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Lucky Lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: June 27, 2006, 08:50:55 pm »
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Lucky Lucky!!!!!!!!!!!
[/font]Yesterday I received a phone call at 11:30pm and I almost didn’t answer the phone because I think that’s kind of late to be calling. Well I answered it and it was a friend of mine telling me he came across a dog in a vacant house that had been left in a crate in ½ a foot of it’s own waste. She had bite marks all over her face her eye was bleeding and she had a skeleton for a body. He said I know you have dogs and I was wondering if I could bring her to your house. I said no not because I don’t care about the dog but she can’t come in contact with my 3. I ask mark could you keep her at your house until tomorrow and I will figure out were I m going to take her. I have very little faith I the SPCA these days but that a whole another story anyways he took her out of the carte that she left to die in and she might have been a whole 25 to 30 pounds. He took her home gave her a bath and put her on his porch. He called me again what should I feed her? He’s not allowed to have dogs in his building so I ask him do you have any rice ground beef yes he said well feed her that but a little at a time! The next morning I took him and the dog to his work he had called his boss and ask him if he could bring the dog in hopes someone might want her. Well when I saw her it took everything in me to not burst out in tears she was pitiful looking rib cage sticking out bite marks all over her bleeding eye etc. he had her in a shirt and her tale poked out the arm of the shirt I stated to talk to her and you could see her tail wagging away! After being left out in the rain and starved sitting in her own waste she still had faith in use humans. Well lucky has found a forever home and someone that will love her and take very good care of that pup she has been to the vet and is on a lot of meds can not come in contact with other dogs for a month she is truly a very lucky dog! Shame on you who ever did this to this pup. Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Lucky Lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 08:56:45 pm »
What a terrible thing that dog has been through! I am so happy that she was able to find a loving forever home and I hope karma sticks it to whoever put her through that!
RIP former BPO

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 08:59:06 pm »
I am so happy that she is OK
Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 09:12:00 pm »
Poor baby.  I'm glad she found a good home.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 09:49:41 pm »
Sometimes I don't like humans very well.... :'(

doggylover

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 10:03:56 pm »
That poor doggy.  The person who did this probably doesn't have a soul, but I bet they have an ipod, computer, big screen tv, and plenty of food in their own tummy.
I bet this poor dog would forgive the person who did this to her in a heartbeat. 
Good for you for helping.  Thank God for decent people.   :'(

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 01:55:15 am »
yes i agree with you in this material world that we live in the dog must have an inconvenience. Of course all i can think of is the statement an unknown author wrote about a dog! The personal reward to myself is for helping any animal is so large i have 3 rescues and the love they have given me and so many other humans is the thanks i get in return! I love to see them recover and live the second part of there life the way they it should have been from the start!

A DOG
Do you remember thinking it was time that the kids learned some responsibility and scanning the newspaper ads for a cheap dog for sale? Do you remember bringing home this little ball of shivering fur and putting her out in the yard on a chain that was too heavy on a night that was too cold? Of course you don't remember this. After all, she is only a dog.
Do you remember this baby crying because she was afraid and alone? Do you remember screaming at her to be quiet and finally going out there to kick her to drive home the lesson? Of course you don't remember this. After all, she is only a dog.
Do you remember the many times you noticed her water bowl was empty and her food bowl was covered with mold and thinking that it was the kid's job to take care of her? Do you remember seeing that her coat was dull and lifeless and, in many places, chewed away down to the skin because of the parasites no one took the time to rid her of? Of course you don't remember this. After all, she is only a dog.
Do you remember her first heat and the neighbor's male visiting her night after night? Do you remember thinking that letting her have the puppies would be a good experience for the kids? Do you remember that every one of those pups died because their mother was no more than a puppy herself? Of course you don't remember this. After all, she is only a dog.
I know you remember the animal control officer coming to the house, accusing you of animal cruelty and taking her away because you couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. After all, she is only a dog.
I thought you might be interested in how this girl is doing today. You see, once she found a home that gave her love, attention and proper care, she blossomed into a beautiful, loyal companion. To these people, she is much more than only a dog.
She became a therapy dog and now goes to nursing homes and hospices where she brightens the lives of the infirm and dying. To some of these people, she has given hope. To others, she's given them a reason to keep living. To even others, she's given them the will to die peacefully, with a smile on their lips. To these people, she is much more than only a dog.
Just last week, she helped find a little boy that was lost in the woods. She spent a long, cold winter's night, lying over him to keep him warm and risked her own life to protect his. To this little boy and his family, she is much more than only a dog.
What is the difference? Why did that filthy, flea-ridden animal chained in your backyard suddenly become so important to so many? Because she never gave up her trust in people and she never once thought, "After all, he is only a human."
Author: Unknown

That poor doggy. The person who did this probably doesn't have a soul, but I bet they have an ipod, computer, big screen tv, and plenty of food in their own tummy.
I bet this poor dog would forgive the person who did this to her in a heartbeat.
Good for you for helping. Thank God for decent people. :'(
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 01:58:48 am by marinafb »
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Mab and Angus cool cats

dohertyswissy

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 07:42:44 am »
I'm so glad this dog got helped and found a good home.

That poem made me cry.

Some people don't get that it's not "just a dog"...

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 08:12:09 am »
Oh the emotions this thread stirs up....

1)I would like the person responsible to be locked away and presented the same fate he/she left for the defenseless pup!

2)I am heartbroken for the pup and all the suffering it endured.

3)And finally, I am so elated and relieved the pup now has a loving home and will suffer no more!

Marina, thanks for helping to save this pup! I applaud your compassion!

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 10:54:24 pm »
Oh the emotions this thread stirs up....

1)I would like the person responsible to be locked away and presented the same fate he/she left for the defenseless pup!

2)I am heartbroken for the pup and all the suffering it endured.

3)And finally, I am so elated and relieved the pup now has a loving home and will suffer no more!

Marina, thanks for helping to save this pup! I applaud your compassion!

Ditto Ditto to what you wrote i would be a sh**y human if i did nothing to help this pup! I saw her today and you can't but help to love that face and wagging tail! She is as happy as can be walking on a carpet of grass and chaseing a bumble bee oh not not a bumble bee!  Marina
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline guyrk

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 12:29:31 am »
That poor doggy.  The person who did this probably doesn't have a soul, but I bet they have an ipod, computer, big screen tv, and plenty of food in their own tummy.
Good for you for helping.  Thank God for decent people.   :'(

I commend you and your friends for helping this dog. Most people just don't make the effort to take the actions needed to rescue dogs in need!This poem is for you and your friends.

Rescue Pup

I was born in the summer a few years ago;
Quite why I was born I never will know.
Some folks owned my mother; decided to breed ...
No reason I know of except for their greed.
I know I was hungry, I know I was cold
And they sold me quite early,at just five weeks old.
Owners number one seemed friendly at first
And life was quite good, until my bubble burst.
They started to argue;their marriage split up
And in went the ad, for sale 4 month pup.
Some more folks arrived, the next ones in line ...
They treated me kindly,and life was just fine.
But the master dropped dead, and she couldn't cope
So they sold me again as I began to lose hope.
I now had a new homeup in the sky ...
We went up the lift, fourteen floors high.
The new folks were kind, but they left me all day.
I was busting to pee, and had no where to play.
It was boredom, I think, when I chewed up that chair.
They agreed I should go,but it just wasn't fair.
The next home was good and I thought this was it ...
They started to show, and I won ... well ... a bit.
Then somebody told them that I had "no bone,"
And in went the ad, for sale to good home.
The next lot were dreadful... they wanted a guard,
But I didn't know that ... although I tried hard.
One night they got burgled and I didn't bark,
Tied up in that shed, alone in the dark.
For four months I lay in that cold dark shed
With only an old paper sack for a bed,
A small dish of water all slimy and green ...
The state I was in, well, it had to be seen.
I longed for some help,for an end to the pain.
Then some new people came, and I went off again.
So now I'm with Rescue, and this home is good!
There are walks in the country and lots of good food...
There are kisses and cuddles to greet me each day
And I dread the time that they send me away.
But for now here I stand, skin and bone, on all fours...
Please don't let this happen to any of yours!
~AUTHOR UNKNOWN
[/size]
[/b]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 12:31:25 am by guyrk »