Author Topic: One of those precious moments  (Read 7381 times)

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
One of those precious moments
« on: June 07, 2005, 10:10:06 am »
This morning on my daily 6am horse/dog ride, we were on a narrow trail heading home when all of a sudden Reno (5yr old Thoroughbred) stopped. My 2 Shilohs, Apache & Kiya both on leads, walking ahead of Reno, stopped too. I leaned over to look in front of them & saw that Reno had grabbed both leads in his mouth. He usually might grab 1 lead never both, but he wouldn't continue. So I tried kicking him up a bit "come on lets go", then I realized he was pooping. When he was done he dropped the leads & continued on.
It was just so cute to watch him holding the dogs leads in his mouth & both dogs where just standing there stopped in thier tracks.
Thats the best time of my day, going on our morning ride.
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: One of those precious moments
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 01:47:21 pm »
It is awesome to see such great friendships emerge from different animals.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 03:15:36 pm »
Sounds like a great morning ritual Carolyn :)  I train horses for a living, lots of fun :)

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 01:13:45 pm »
  I train horses for a living, lots of fun :)

Jamie thats really cool, what kind of horses? I used to be a groom for Standardbreds. I never trained just exercised. Well I guess Im a trainer now, I adopted Reno from NY Horse Rescue. 4 starts no wins & I no why, he spends too much time going up instead of foward.
Every one asks why do you go out so early, now its the coolest time of day for the dogs & it also makes me feel like I do more than just go to work everyday.
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 01:28:34 pm »
I love the morning hours when me and Leo are awake and the rest of the world is asleep.  It's a great way to start out a busy day.    You know, I bet it's very calming for the animals as well and thats why they are happy and content and able to cross the language barrier.  Goes to show that you are a good mommy!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 06:57:53 am »
When I was a child we had horses, too.  I trained a pony and had a purebred Arabian.  He was 14 hands and really fast.  One time he cracked the living room window with his big butt, because he leaned against it to scratch.  ;D
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 08:42:45 am »
I am so envious of all of the horsey people here. The only thing better in my mind than having big dogs, is having big dogs and horses. We are looking to buy our first home in the next two years, the moment we buy is the moment I begin to look for my next horse. Growing up we had quarter horses. I learned to ride my pony before I learned to ride a bike!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline jan n nori

• Gnawer
  • 5 month nori and yearling angel 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 08:19:19 am »
i ve got the best of both worlds. i own a boarding stable and i have a shiloh ;D how can it get better than that lol jan an nori