Author Topic: Tiglets a wonderful story (not about dogs but.. it's cute!)  (Read 1449 times)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
In a zoo in California, a mother tiger gave birth to a rare set of triplet tiger cubs. Unfortunately, due to complications in the pregnancy, the cubs were born prematurely and due to their tiny size,they died shortly after birth. The mother tiger after recovering from the delivery, suddenly started to decline in health, although physically she was fine. The veterinarians felt that the loss of her litter had caused the tigress to fall into a depression.   

The doctors decided that if the tigress could surrogate another mother's cubs, perhaps she would improve. After checking with many other  zoos across the country, the depressing news was that there were no tiger cubs of the right age to introduce to the mourning mother.

The veterinarians decided to try something that had never been tried in a zoo environment. Sometimes a mother of one species will take on  the care of a different species. The only "orphans" that could be found quickly, were a litter of wiener pigs.

The zoo keepers and vets wrapped the piglets in tiger skin and placed the babies around the mother tiger. Would they become cubs or pork chops??
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Tiglets a wonderful story (not about dogs but.. it's cute!)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 08:53:57 pm »
OH MY GOSH , tooooooo cute ! What an incredible story ! Thankyou for sharing !
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 09:07:58 pm »
My first thought was that the photos were altered so I googled.  Came up with a story in Thailand.  Ended up in Snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/tigerpig.asp

Real pics, different story.  Definitely cute!

Had just planned to post a story DH ran across today where a pig adopts 4 puppies in Greece:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7506765711002032567&q=genre%3Acomedy

Hope that link works.  I had to click on the one on the right side to get it to go.  Here's the story:

GREECE: SOW ON GREEK FARM ADOPTS FOUR PUPPIES ABANDONED BY MOTHER 28th Jan 2000 A sow on a farm in northern Greece has become the proud mother of seven little ones.However, four of them are puppies! They have now become one big happy family, eating and playing together. The four puppies were abandoned by their mother on a farm in the Greek village of Vritta near Salonika in northern Greece, but were adopted by a huge sow who recently gave birth to three piglets. Now the puppies, which are mixed breed, behave like the piglets' brothers and sisters and the mother treats them like her own. She lets them suckle and they all sleep and play together. Farmer Ioannis Lazarou said the dog's mother was scared off by the huge sow and had not approached her puppies again. The sow then took them in. Keywords: pig, sow, funny, unusual, bizarre, cute, puppies, suckling, nuturing, mother and child, sweet. Reuters 1001/00

Daphne

Offline MafiaPrincess

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 11:00:44 am »
This has been posted on 3 other boards I frequent.. The pics are cute.  The real story is not.
~I'm changing my naughty ways to naughtier ones~

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 01:42:59 pm »
OMGosh that's so adorable!!! Very creative!