Author Topic: Hey Everyone!  (Read 1930 times)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Hey Everyone!
« on: June 28, 2006, 09:46:52 pm »
Just stopping by briefly to say hello!  :)

Our move from CA to IL is 1/2 way done.  I'm at my folks' right now in Minneapolis while hubby looks for a house for us in IL.

I can see that I've missed alot around here and I'm not even going to try and catch up, especially since I'm using my dad's computer right now and he had dial up.  Ugh!  B/c of all the avatar's on the main thread page, it takes forever to load and let me open a thread (if I try and open one too early, it will shut down my internet connection) :P  >:(

Just thought I'd let everyone know I'm still alive and well, as are Keiko, Gunther, and our two newest additions, Nigel and Posey.  In other news, Gunther broke his tail a few weeks ago while I was out of town.  Apparently it got shut in a door, but no one will fess up as to who did it.  Its back to working, but still has a nice lump on it, which may never go away.  He is also having nail issues where he runs them raw and bleeding.  Which I find odd b/c this has never happened before and he's not running anymore than he did in CA.

Keiko has just about stopped eating alltogether.  She is on a diet, so that's not entirely bad.  I switched her food a few weeks ago and I just think she's holding out for something better.  She keeps trying to sneak Nigel and Posey's food or my parent's cats' food.  It's going to take her a long time to finish a 40lb bag at this rate so I can get her a different flavor/type.

Nigel and Posey are our two new rat terriers, which I had mentioned we were getting before the move.  They are little rug rats who are doing pretty good now, but were really having some serious potty training issues.  But I think we're on a schedule now (hopefully)  :-\

Hope things are going well with all of you.  Hopefully I will actually be able to read some threads tomorrow.  Well, I'm off to bed.  When we finally get settled, I'll post some pics from our trip, including some of the dogs at the Grand Canyon.  8)

chris

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 10:15:55 pm »
Welcome back! 
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 10:17:28 pm »
Glad to see you! Poor Gunther, give him a big kiss from all of us at BPO. Glad to hear everyone else is doing well.
Hope to see you around more.
Carole

enuffpaws

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 08:43:16 am »
Hey be sure to let us know were you settle so we can hook up.Glad to hear gunther's tail is getting better.

dale ;) 

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 10:01:40 pm »
Great to hear from everyone.  Man, I really need my own computer set up here, but it's packed away.  Dad works night shifts, so he's on the computer most of the day.  I can't get on here til late afternoon and soooo many websites to catch up on.

To answer some questions:

Where are we moving?
We will be moving (more than likely) somewhere between Rockford and DeKalb, IL.  So, that's approx. 45 min to an 1hr or more west of Chicago.  I'm hoping to go to the midwest get together if it's still on, but the way things are going I may not be able to afford it.

How do I keep N&P on a potty schedule while moving?  Believe me, it's not easy! Posey didn't go to the bathroom for about 3 days on the way out here.  And we're on a good schedule now b/c I've been at my parent's for about a month now, and I'll be here for who knows how much longer.

When will we reach our final destination?
Soon, I hope.  I'm waiting to hear from hubby to see if he heard back from the loan people and hopefully we will get approved.  He has one house he likes, but is b/t Rockford and DeKalb, which isn't the best.  More than likely he will have to work in Rockford, and go in the opposite direction to go to school in DeKalb.  He's hoping to have at least 4 houses to look at before I go down there to make any final decisions.  So I really can't say how much longer I will be stuck here.  Can't say my goal in life was to move back in with my parents.   :P  Besides that, they aleady have one good sized dog and 2 indoor cats, so it's a bit crowded in here.

Okay, now tomorrow for sure I will be able to read some posts.  I hope.

chris

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 12:52:01 pm »
Didn't even know you were moving... guess I'm just not on the board much.

Hope all goes well. Very few broken items, no theft, etc.

Don't forget to post some pics once you get settled. ;)

Deena