Author Topic: GSD owner in need of help!!  (Read 1285 times)

Offline spoiled0033

• Gnawer
  • My Gang!!
    • View Profile
GSD owner in need of help!!
« on: June 28, 2006, 10:33:35 pm »
I am new to this site and I need some help. I Adopted a 1 year old feamle GSD who is not spayed. I was told she is due for her 2nd heat cycle in the next month or so. I have never been through a heat cycle or pregancy before. Her symtoms are heavy heavy panting, swollen nipples but she is not bleeding yet, are these signs of heat?? Any help is appreciated.
Every dog's smile is an open invitation for love

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: GSD owner in need of help!!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 09:38:04 am »
I cant' help you, but I wanted to bump this for you.  :)
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 05:56:40 pm »
It sounds like she is starting to go into heat.  I know Cinder's first heat snuck up on us before we got her spayed.  She panted heavily all the time and her nipples were a little swollen.  You might want to take her to the vet for confirmation though just to be on the safe side.  Some dogs will have false pregnancies and show the signs of heat and pregnancy.  Hope that helps.

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline spoiled0033

• Gnawer
  • My Gang!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 10:33:14 pm »
Thank you for your opinion. I hope it is just her starting her heat cycle. I would spay her but the people we got her from said they wanted to breed her first and that was an agreement for payment for her. I am taking her to the vet next week though just to play safe. Its nice to know there are people out there that care for your pets too.

Kristina
Every dog's smile is an open invitation for love