Author Topic: Craigs list makes me sad and angry  (Read 3634 times)

DakotaMom

Craigs list makes me sad and angry
« on: June 28, 2006, 11:12:55 pm »
A friend called me tonight to tell me about a puppy on Craigs list.

This is so sad!

http://portland.craigslist.org/zip/176593023.html

Offline Aner

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Craigs list makes me sad and angry
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 11:14:14 pm »
Holy moley!  With tiny dogs, even 8 weeks might be early, but with big paws, shouldnt they be at LEAST 6 weeks?

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 11:15:08 pm »
Poor baby! :'(
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

DakotaMom

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 11:17:44 pm »
I so wish that I was in a position to help this little guy.

doggylover

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 11:25:59 pm »
This is the email I sent them.  This is RIDICULOUS.  I think I am losing my patience for people who do these things. 

I thought you should know that this poor innocent defenseless pup will very likely end up being used as dog fight bait or worse, he could be sold to a class be dealer where he will be tortured and then sold to a medical or cosmetic research facility where he will be tortured until he dies.  Sleep well tonight with the knowledge that you have contributed to the lifelong suffering of a living soul. 
Oh, and if you think you can tell the difference between a 'good home' and people who will do horrendous things to this defenseless puppy, you are wrong.  They will seem really nice.  They might even bring their child with them. 
Sleep well tonight.

doggylover

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 11:31:27 pm »
Argh craigslist!!
Also that pup looks to be more then what they say it is.  Look at that face...so you not see a shar-pei muzzle?
::nod nod::
 >:(

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 11:42:30 pm »
This is the email I sent them.  This is RIDICULOUS.  I think I am losing my patience for people who do these things. 

I thought you should know that this poor innocent defenseless pup will very likely end up being used as dog fight bait or worse, he could be sold to a class be dealer where he will be tortured and then sold to a medical or cosmetic research facility where he will be tortured until he dies.  Sleep well tonight with the knowledge that you have contributed to the lifelong suffering of a living soul. 
Oh, and if you think you can tell the difference between a 'good home' and people who will do horrendous things to this defenseless puppy, you are wrong.  They will seem really nice.  They might even bring their child with them. 
Sleep well tonight.
I've friggin' had it with ignorance & plain apathy too...Here is the e-mail I sent...Too harsh?

This pup was WAY too young to be away from his mother!...At the very least pups learn bite inhibition between 8 & 10 weeks from their mother....If you are the owner of the puppy's mother... FIX YOUR BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!...You are either too  ignorant or  too uncaring to be breeding!!!!!!!!!!!...You probably shouldn't even own a plant.

doggylover

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 11:59:34 pm »

Sleep well tonight.
I've friggin' had it with ignorance & plain apathy too...Here is the e-mail I sent...Too harsh?

probably shouldn't even own a plant.

OMG Gyps that is soooo funny, so true. 
The guy just mailed me back, claiming that the puppy got a 'great family' who live '5 miles' away, so they can check on the pup whenever they like. 
Whatever  ::) The guy didn't go to the people's house but I'm SURE they are WONDERFUL people, who had NO concerns about this infant pup being away from it's mother.  I am starting to believe in h3ll, if only as a place for me to wish people into.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 12:14:08 am »

Sleep well tonight.

This pup was WAY too young to be away from his mother!...At the very least pups learn bite inhibition between 8 & 10 weeks from their mother....If you are the owner of the puppy's mother... FIX YOUR BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!...You are either too  ignorant or  too uncaring to be breeding!!!!!!!!!!!...You probably shouldn't even own a plant.

This is the reply I received. (edited for language)

FU** YOU  FU** YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DUM SH**

doggylover

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 12:30:58 am »
He didn't curse at me at all, prolly cause I didn't curse at him.  ROFL I am SURE that when you said 'fix your bitch' he thought you were swearing!
That poor puppy.  Imagine your fate being in that dude's hands.

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 05:57:53 am »
Ladies I think you might be a little out of line  Just because a person is looking for a home for a puppy doesn't call for these type of emails  Yes the puppy was too young to be placed but he appeared to be well cared for he wasn't dumped in the country and he wasn't placed in a kill shelter.  And yes you can find absolutely wonderful homes through advertising  - not everyone answering an ad is looking for a bait dog!!  He was a really cute puppy too

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 12:46:57 pm »
Ladies I think you might be a little out of line  Just because a person is looking for a home for a puppy doesn't call for these type of emails  Yes the puppy was too young to be placed but he appeared to be well cared for he wasn't dumped in the country and he wasn't placed in a kill shelter.  And yes you can find absolutely wonderful homes through advertising  - not everyone answering an ad is looking for a bait dog!!  He was a really cute puppy too
Pat, you're right...I was a little out of line...I should no better than to click on any link that sounds like it might irritate me when I am already grumpy & stressed out!...I had it up to my ears yesterday with ignorance towards animals (long story) & I was already primed to go off...The puppy is really cute!...I hope he'll be alright!