Author Topic: Thank God There Are Still Some Honest People Left..  (Read 1016 times)

Lyn

Thank God There Are Still Some Honest People Left..
« on: June 29, 2006, 05:47:10 am »
We decided to take Lola for a car ride to visit a friend. On the way she was panting and hot so we stopped at the grocery store to grab her some cold water. Well.. I go get the water and sit my wallet on the hood of the truck while I pour her a drink. Then I get in the truck and LEFT my wallet on the hood. ::) After I realized it was gone, it was too late it had fallen off somewhere. I was freaking.. crying, spazing right out. I had $200 in it, plus all my son's ID, my ID, and most of my hubby's ID. Since he's the one that always looses his wallet.. not ME! To top it off I had my Father's credit card in there!!!!!!! :o So great if someone charges up his card he's going to kill me. So we went back the same way we came searching for it but couldn't find it. I'm completely freaking out at this point. So we start heading home so I can phone around... Well our cell phone rings.. It's my mother asking me if I lost something. Someone had found my wallet and used my ID to look me up in the phonebook. OMG What a relief. He had dropped it off at the grocery store and I picked it up and everything was in it.. money and all!  :-*

The first thing that I said was thank god there are at least some honest people left and the lady at the counter said "Yeah it's not too often we get wallets back with money or credit cards in them" *Phew*.

I learned my lesson there.. the puppers can wait 3 seconds for a drink until I put my wallet IN the truck.

Edit.. Forgot to add once I got home I called the guy and thanked him to death. He probably thought I was a crazy lady.. LOL
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 05:49:33 am by Lyn »

Kiahpyr

Re: Thank God There Are Still Some Honest People Left..
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 07:18:06 am »
I would have been totally freaked out too! I'm so glad the person did the right thing and left all the stuff in it.