Author Topic: A real question...Would you buy  (Read 3703 times)

cricket36580

A real question...Would you buy
« on: July 02, 2006, 09:31:20 pm »
a purse with a handpainted (not screened) pic of your fur baby on it?  Guys, don't get smart...I know you don't use purses - In public anyway.   ;D  But, I just want to know if you gals would.  I'm tired, I'm trying to quit smoking so I'm more edgy than usual...so please don't take your donkeys to school in responses.  I have a real reason for asking this before I get my feelings hurt and pitch a royal hissy fit on someone's butt.

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Re: A real question...Would you buy
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 09:49:21 pm »
I would probably buy them as gifts for people.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

doggylover

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 09:55:58 pm »
Holy cow!  I don't even HAVE a donkey!  Um, I wouldn't buy a purse with a pookie on it, but I would buy a t-shirt with a small, tastefull pookie on it.  I would also buy a doggy water bowl with his pic painted on it. 
I

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 10:09:33 pm »
Darn skippy I would!!!!!!!!!!!!...I am very low maintenence when it comes to material things however I'd definitly splurge on something like that!...Where can I get one?...It would be cool to have one with Rosie's pic on it in memory. :)

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 05:33:30 am »
I don't have enough hands to actually be able to carry a purse, BUT I would certainly buy tote bags, duffle bags or backpacks with my guys' pics on them.  I would *LOVE* it, and would probably buy as gifts for others, as well.

Weedsport, NY

cricket36580

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 06:15:22 am »
Thank you so much for your very helpful responses. 

I don't think that handpainted water bowls would last very long though.  I think those would have to be screened.  I have some painted glasses that have held up fairly well but a water bowl really takes a beating. 

However, this is giving me the information I needed to make an informed decision.  Thank you so much. 

(I really, really, really want a cig this morning!!!)

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 06:29:07 am »
I would buy a shirt or a canvas bag, but probably not a purse.  And Cricket?  You're doing GREAT with not smoking!!! Yay you!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 06:41:21 am »
Sounds like you need a doggy roadtrip ;) You know me I will buy almost anything if it has a photos of my furbaby. I will have to post a photo of my cool t-shirt.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 07:14:44 am »
I feel your pain, I wouldn't want a purse, but I have been smoking for about 17 years, I have not had a cig since last week, I can't remember which day I think it was Thursday. And I'm also taking steroids for my sinus infection which make you irritable as a side effect,  so I'm sure I am just a really  pleasant person to be around right now  ::)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 07:20:22 am by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 07:19:34 am »
I don't think I would be interested in a purse but as others have said maybe a tote bag.

As for the smoking I know the feeling.  What I can tell you is that it does get better, keep it up.

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 07:28:39 am »
I can't use a purse, but I've been thinking about getting one of those 1-strap backpacks (a friend at work has a Univ. of Al. one and it seems really useful).  If I could get one w/my 3 nuts pictured on it, that would be too cool for primetime...
As for the smoking... keep up the good work.  I have 2 more days worth of cigars, then I'm joining you on the bandwagon (yay- just in time to go back to work... they'll just love me come Thusday).  So if you need to vent, feel free to call and do so, I'll probably return the favor in a few days!  ;)
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

Icerotti

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 07:44:00 am »
I would buy something like the second pic Jenn posted with my babies on it.  I like it b/c it could be a purse or a tote ;D

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2006, 08:09:04 am »
I'm not a bis purse person either.  But I do like the second tote also, I would definitely use something like that.  Hey, be as irritable as you want right now (send the kids outside) you're getting healthy!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2006, 08:51:03 am »
Hmmmm.  I have some of those totes but have never used them.  I have one that has really nice hand painted ducks on it, but can't even find a way to use that!  I'm trying to think what I WOULD like hand painted with one of my pooches....  Probably a t-shirt.  I wear t-shirts ALL the time.  The question is whether or not it would be durable to wash enough. 

Good luck with quitting smoking!  My dad (70ish) is trying to quit too.  He's been taking some sort of medication for a week now, then increases next week on his "quit" week.  He's not sleeping now already  :o  Tough road to go but well worth it if you can get through to the other side!
Daphne

cricket36580

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2006, 09:33:13 am »
Has anyone told you guys that ya'll are the bestest in the whole world?  {{{hugs}}} to everyone.  Thanks so much for your support.  I genuinely like being a non-smoker (even though I have cheated.  More time, more energy, more panicless days.  It's a tough row though...I've smoked for 27 yrs.  It's the routine that's killing me more than anything else.  I don't do change well (read NOT AT ALL) and changing my schedule/routine is extroidinarily difficult. 

I've been thinking about a purse design for a while and a couple of other ideas for making money from home.  Ya'll are definately a wonderful test group!