Author Topic: Having a rough weekend  (Read 4894 times)

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
Having a rough weekend
« on: July 03, 2006, 06:31:47 pm »
For some reason I am missing our Barkley a lot this weekend.  I have had several little cries over him being gone - at the weirdest times too.  I dropped into the vet clinic today to pick up food for Sheba, and am so pleased that they still have his picture up there.  I just miss my guy.
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
Re: Having a rough weekend
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 06:47:43 pm »
Oh, BarkleysMum... I'm so sorry.  Your Barkley was such a sweet, lovable guy.  You gave him a wonderful life.  I don't know quite what to say, but we're sending you hugs and Sasha and Bella send you some newfie kisses too.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 07:38:01 pm »
I completely understand!!  It will get better (you'll stop crying at odd times...) but, at least for me, it's never gone completely away!  I still miss Otis just about on a daily basis even though I adore Cowboy and Chester.  You are doing so well.....

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 09:53:19 pm »
I completely understand.  I'll be thinking about you, and hoping that you feel better.  There are times even now (almost 4 years ago) that I think about Baby and cry.  It's going to happen because of the deep love that you felt.
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 10:16:15 pm »
I'm sorry you're feeling so sad this weekend...Bark ley was a very special boy...It's no wonder at all that you miss him so much...I will send up a prayer of healing for you...Take care. :)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 10:48:21 pm »
Sorry it's been a tough weekend. I am sure Barkley is looking down on you from doggy heaven and wishing he could lick your tears away.

You are in our thoughts
RIP former BPO

doggylover

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 10:55:18 pm »
Sandy, I think it's kind of like what Jackie said.  She missed Samson when she was throwing cherries to her kids, because that was an activity that he had been so much a part of. 
When you lose a loved one, the pain is huge at first, then it is associated with little things, daily silly things.  I think that part is worse, because it catches you off guard.  Of course you still miss Barkley.  You will miss him for a long time. 
He was special and he was a very lucky guy to have a momma who loved him so much. 
I'm so sorry you are hurting, it will get better.   :'(   

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 08:19:43 am »
When someone touches our lives like our furbabies do I imagine it takes awhile to move forward.  I don't think they will ever leave us...at least I hope not!  :)
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 05:52:52 pm »
The more you love them, the harder it is and the longer it takes!  It has taken me ??? days to be able to even post to this.  The first time through I was just a mess - it brought me right back to how I felt when Thor died.  I couldn't go for walks for months after he died because that was our special time together.  I have Carter and Katie now to walk but still there are times, like looking at pictures, reading this post, where it is still really hard.  It will get better.  I was at least this bad when we lost our first Lab (who was certainly in the running for the most perfect dog on the face of the earth).  It has been 6 1/2 yrs now and I can actually look at his pictures with just a smile.  It did take years to get to that point though.  I won't try to lie and say it happened any sooner.  The ones we love the most take the biggest chunk of our heart when they go and it does take a long time to heal.  Still, I wouldn't go back and change it for anything.  It was worth the hurt of the loss to have them for the time we did.  Take care and here's a big old cyber hug coming your way!!!!
Daphne

k2campbell

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 06:12:37 pm »
I'm so sorry you're having a tough time, but just know it is COMPLETELY normal.  I think about our Rotti Slater that we lost last year all the time, and still cry now and then.  We love these guys so much that it is SO hard to live without them.  Even though they're no longer here in body, I believe they watch over us and know they will always be with us  ;)

Barkley was a very special boy, who we all loved here on BPO  :)

Thinking of you, and Kate wanted me to throw in a few wet, slobbery, sloppy kisses too  :-*