Author Topic: Input please...  (Read 7187 times)

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
Re: Input please...
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2006, 01:59:27 pm »
If you look at the black outline around the boston's leg -- the one up high -- you can it's been cut out of the original photo and pasted onto another photo.

What was the caption? 
Sarah

Offline Aner

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2006, 02:01:17 pm »
If you look at the black outline around the boston's leg -- the one up high -- you can it's been cut out of the original photo and pasted onto another photo.

What was the caption? 

Definately not "This is a Photoshopped picture of a tiny Boston Terrier playing with a huge Pippin" 

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2006, 02:40:50 pm »
I think it looks altered for sure. I'll get Will to look at it too, he's a graphic designer. It has that spooky look.
Odd...

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2006, 03:34:32 pm »

What was the caption? 
Here is a pic I took of the actual pic in the newpaper with the caption

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 08:31:23 am »
The photo editor of the paper called this morning to tell me that the pic wasn't manipulated in any way...He sounded miffed. ::) I still think it looks odd to say the least but oh well. :)

Offline daisy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 08:37:32 am »
I think it looks odd too. But if they say it was not manipulated what can you do?  :-\

I have to say though I read the original thread about the article yesterday and the first thing i noticed in your pic of the actual newspaper was that they did not use a capital "G" in Great. But I guess I am a little nitpicky like that. :P

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 12:08:44 pm »
I think it looks odd too. But if they say it was not manipulated what can you do?  :-\

I have to say though I read the original thread about the article yesterday and the first thing i noticed in your pic of the actual newspaper was that they did not use a capital "G" in Great. But I guess I am a little nitpicky like that. :P
I don't think it's being nitpicky to expect a newspaper...es pecially one that serves a city of 70,000 & surrounding communities to correctly use capitalization ...They also spelled Boston Terrier with a small t in Terrier...I have issues with this particular paper anyway...The journalism is often incredibly biased & last yr. they ran a pic of a young girl who was threatening to jump to her death from an overpass...Las t week there was a big fight in a park & they made sure to mention that the men involved were "black"...I don't think they'd have done that if the people involved had been "white"...& these are just a few example of the issues I have with the paper...I actually quit subscribing yrs. ago & I don't even remember over what they did that time to irritate me...When the photo editor was going on today about the "integrity" of the paper all I could think about was that pic on the front page witht he young distraught girl threatening to jump to her death & the paper's photographer saw a photo oppertunity????...I mean that is just sick!...Ooops, went off on a tangent...No, you're not being nitpicky! :)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 06:46:52 pm »
I haven't been on much but I have to add my 2 cents it looks to me like it has been altered I thought maybe they cut the Boston out of one picture and added it to this one?  Just my opinion.

The picture makes the Boston look mean and aggressive so your baby made out better!!