Author Topic: 49 Kuvasz in New York desperately need homes  (Read 26912 times)

SA_horses

Re: 49 Kuvasz in New York desperately need homes
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2006, 04:47:08 pm »
They are a well organized group and with the head of the group now in the loop, they should be a great resource for local help.

I think so.  Have you heard anything else from NEPR?

Also, thank you so much for your help here.  :)

Sofia

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2006, 08:34:03 pm »
The NEPR coordinator was willing to go help but has been told they have enough help already.  Hopefully there will be more accurate info available after the weekend.  I still don't think anyone has heard from Mr Wasson.  Just re-checked my older e-amils.  Gail Dash apparently just kind of put localish people in touch with each other to try to get them to organize themselves.  It still isn't clear to me who is organizing the local work.  That's ok though, as long as they do.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 08:50:20 pm by longshadowfarms »
Daphne

SA_horses

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2006, 09:03:20 pm »
The NEPR coordinator was willing to go help but has been told they have enough help already.

Unless 10+ people have already committed to going, that sounds ridiculous to me.  Of course, I am not there, so maybe they do have that many people and just don't want so many that it becomes chaotic.  So, yes, I am hoping that they ARE organizing the local work.

Also, this may help anyone reading this understand why this is so difficult.  There are basically two separate rescue organizations here (there is a third, but I don't think that they have gotten very involved), all affiliated with separate breed clubs, that have had difficulty communicating.  This is partly due to distance, but possibly also due to politics.  While that has no place in rescue, I think that it does find its way in, as I am seeing more and more that the Kuvasz world is EXTREMELY politicized.  (Just ask Mrs. Kilde.  ::) )

Given that, I am HOPING that the "don't need help" response was not due to...hard-headedness, shall we say? and that they actually do have enough people there.

Sofia

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2006, 07:37:02 am »
As far as I could tell, there were only 3 people going.  Glad you said it because I was thinking that it was absolutely ridiculous to turn down her offer of help.  She is EXTREMELY knowledgable and experienced at this and I'm embarassed to have asked for her help and then have had it turned down.  I too hope that they have more help than I'm aware of.  It would be a horrible shame if these poor dogs have to continue to suffer as a result of a bunch of inflated egos.
Daphne

SA_horses

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2006, 11:25:30 am »
It would be a horrible shame if these poor dogs have to continue to suffer as a result of a bunch of inflated egos.

It really would be.

Honestly, I am sorry about this mess.  Mother (Good Hope) thought about it and said that possibly only selected people are being allowed onto the property because of the ransacking that took place initially.  However, a number of things do not appear to be consistent with that.  She wants to look into it and will post once she gets to the bottom of this.

I'm very annoyed and a little angry with Kuvasz rescue right now, so I'll stop here.

Sofia

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2006, 11:44:20 am »
Daphne,

I am shocked to hear this. Gail sent me an email yesterday asking if I'd take Sofia out to the farm (forgetting we live in AL.) If they didn't need help, why ask?

Anyway, I'll be making phone calls over the weekend to get to the bottom of this. Only possible could be that the family only wants a small group out due to the theft that occurred on the property. But why they didn't explain that and ask for help at Lisa's farm is ridiculous. So, for the time being, the gravy train stops here! (With this rescue.)

Deena

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2006, 01:06:51 pm »
It sounded like they were going to the shelter, not the farm, and didn't think there would be space to move around in the small confines of the shelter.  Still don't understand why they are focused on the shelter instead of the farm where the majority of the dogs are right now.  Shaking head again.  I'm more than a little miffed so I think I'll just sit on my fingers until I know all the facts.
Daphne

SA_horses

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2006, 01:45:16 pm »
It sounded like they were going to the shelter, not the farm, and didn't think there would be space to move around in the small confines of the shelter.

That is really odd since Lisa Boyle posted on two Yahoo groups (one of them being the Kuvasz list) saying that they were aiming to remove all the dogs from the deceased owner's property/farm and take them to her (Lisa Boyle's) farm two hours away.  Mrs. Gail Dash indicated the same to my mother.

Sofia

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2006, 01:57:53 pm »
Yes, AND we were also told the local HS was demanding the removal of all the dogs by today. So, unless they were only refering to the dogs at the shelter, I cannot fathom the reason for declining help. Even if that was the case, why again wouldn't they say that and ask if they could count on NEPR later on. Unbelievable!

Now I am getting a little more than annoyed!! >:(

SA_horses

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2006, 07:03:43 am »
Well, late last night, an update was posted to Kuvasz Connection.  We are waiting for permission to crosspost it.

They did have at least five people there, judging by what was said, and there was also help from an animal sanctuary.  Twenty-two dogs were removed from the property, but there are eleven at the property and fifteen (they think) at the animal shelter.  So, maybe this comes down to poor commication and organization.

Other than that, nothing yet.  We'll just have to be patient.

Sofia

SA_horses

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2006, 10:55:45 am »
Here it is:

Hi

22 of the Kuvasz at the farm are now down here, in some very nice horse
stalls, resting after their sojourn.

There are still 11 at the farm. I believe it's 15 at the HS shelter. There
will be another trip up there to get the rest. We also expect several may be
picked up directly from HS, which may reduce the load on how many more we need
to
bring down.

Tommorrow we'll evaluate the dogs here, the first pass. You can determine
pretty quickly with some where they'd fit. Others I think will take a little
longer to settle down to be fairly evaluated.

NO dog, unloading, tried to bite. A few were extremely scared. Even so, none
tried to bite, or even growled. That's a tribute I think both to the dogs'
temperament, and to the people handling them. Most were surprisingly stable
about
the whole venture. Most were uncertain about what and why things were
happening, but once they were on leads and moved, they understood it was time to
get
out of the carrier and to somewhere else. I did a quick walk through just as
we were leaving. Several of them looked up pretty brightly, a few were curled
up asleep. Overall I was very impressed with how they were reacting, and how
that reflects their temperament.

We want to get some pictures as well, but today was too hectic, with too much
going on, to do that.

There is an image that sticks in my mind that's worth sharing. The transport
is a large, one piece horse carrier. Probably 30 or 34 feet long. Those have a
door in the middle with a ramp to bring down the horses. Standing on the
side, I watched as they opened that side door. Looking in, all you could see
were
Kuvasz heads, different sizes, different heights in the crates, looking out.
It's quite an image to keep: that many Kuvasz heads all in one "spot" that
way.

Another, One of the shyer females was in a top crate, which put her are
shoulder level. She was in the back of her crate. At one point everyone else was
in
the barn moving dogs around. I leaned up on the wall next to her and talked
to her a little. Putting the back of my hand up against the crate mesh door.
After only a minute or two of talking, she was half up towards me in the crate,
and looking at me. Even in that short time, she was making a connection to a
person and responding.

The people from the animal sanctuary are remarkable. Really remarkable. They
were so professional about working with the dogs, moving them out of the
carrier, at one point Lisa and I looked at each other to say "ok, so what do we
get
to do".

Where we talk among oursleves about how to handle a Kuvasz, they were working
with these dogs, one after the other, taking one out of a crate in the small
open space in the carrier. Letting the dog sort itself out, whether that meant
standing there, or running around in a circle, then moving calmly to the dog
to put a slip leash on them. Actually two. One person on each side, then
opening the gate and moving the dogs down and outside, and into the barn. The
situation was calm, controlled, organized. Whatever a dog was going to do, was
not
going to create a problem. Perhaps that's why there was no problem. Lisa's
husband, John, btw, was usually the person on the second lead.

There is an incredible amount of work to do. Lisa (and John, too, he's
quietly there all the time) deserves as many thanks and kudo's, for what she has
done and what she is going to be doing, that we as a community can offer. It was
so busy I don't think there was time for what's she just done to sink in. 22
Kuvasz have just been moved to stability and care. "Done". The rest to come,
the same way.

For tonight, at least, there should be a real sense of accomplishment about
that first, and most important step for these dogs. Yes, there is still a lot
to do a lot. Yes, there are still needs, yes, there's still concern about
costs, a need for donations and all the rest. But right now there are 22
22!!!!
Kuvasz settled in and secure. And for the rest, there is movement and a
future.

Steve

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2006, 11:02:09 am »
EXCELLENT!  Thanks for posting Sophia!  Shana
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline glaciercreekkuvasz

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Creek Kuvasz
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2006, 10:35:55 pm »
I thought I would comment on some of the rumors being spread on here and elsewhere....

There is no official entity called "Kuvasz Rescue".  There is a remnant of an unofficial "club" called Kuvasz Fanciers (no board, no memberships).  It started back in the 80's as the pet project of some kuvasz breeders who supported "hungarian type" of kuvasz.  They used to put on fun matches and wrote a newletter called the Candle.  Now about all that is left is a web site with kuvasz information and is now non profit so is able to accept and donate funds for dogs in need with no rules and no board (so able to disperse funds easily). This is Gail's "club".

The Kuvasz Club of America used to have a Rescue committee, but due to liability concerns (Gail was one of the ones who brought it up), the committee was disbanded.  However, they still do have a rescue fund that can be used to REIMBURSE veterinarians, etc. There is not a position in the club that deals with rescue. There is a loose group that has an email list and they rescue.

The kuvasz owners around New York stuck their heads in the sand, or just simply didnt contact the KCA board even though they went to the farm.  Some now that are the most vocal (and you've seen their posts) purposely kept out of it until shamed into helping (although you wouldn't know it from their posts!).  Dan Wasson lives in Michigan and works very long hours full time.  He was getting hundreds of emails a day, and having to sort through them. He was screening homes, trying to arrange transportation, trying to find reasonably priced veterinary care, etc. The dogs were the property of the estate until the will was read a couple of weeks ago. Then the heirs signed them over to rescue.  Taking the dogs before then would have been stealing!

A New Yorker named Lisa Boyle ended up offering to help (but no one came to the KCA on her behalf with any details until later in the game when Gail started yelling at a couple of KCA board members for not sending money to her). Lisa works with a sanctuary and wanted to transport the dogs to her farm where they could be assessed,and rehomed.  No one in the KCA (the parent club) really knew who she was.  Gail, Dan and the rest didn't really explain who she was and how she could help. They didn't present a plan to the club on how many dogs there where, what the costs were, etc.  We never got a list of the dogs but still were all diligently screening homes to send to Dan and trying to arrange transportation, WHEN THERE WERE NO KUVASZ PEOPLE IN NEW YORK TO HELP. Lisa, through Gail, requested $100 a dog to spay/neuter, bail out of the HS and bring to her farm. However, the KCA has policies in place that they do not donate to individuals.  While the board was discussing all this (and remember, this is summer, people are out of town, kids are home from school and on vacation, etc), angry emails were flying around that the KCA was not stepping up to the plate by paying Lisa and "letting the dogs languish". We were not informed about the dogs being released by the family as a board, but only saw list serv emails at the very END of June that they were released, AND still had no idea who Lisa was or that there was a person in NY actually willing to take care of these dogs! Still, no one presented a plan to us with any details but we finally found out who the vets were and arranged payment methods with them.  Once the board was informed, it went to work quickly and offered up all of the $2500 in our rescue fund.

The KCA is its members. Many of the members prefer to spread rumors, like those on here, rather than picking up the phone and talking to a board member and helping out. 

So, please, this situation is difficult enough without spreading more rumors. It's easy to sit here and get "miffed" etc, but everyone involved has lives too.  They have health problems, money problems, time problems but the difference is they are in their working, either there in person or trying to fix the communication problems that have plagued this rescue.  People forget that the heirs are the ones responsible for this mess, but have not been held liable at all.  As far as politics goes, there will always be a difference of opinion.  People like to chalk that up to "politics". Majority rules, so you can never predict what it will say. If KCA questioned the money spent on any part of this rescue, people would scream "politics". I have people demanding the head of a KCA member who seems to have made people mad, but she is finding homes and charging rescue fees for the rehomed dog so that she is helping to fill this bottomless pit. Some politics!

I feel really bad for Lisa that this was handled so poorly by ALL involved.  She's done a great job for a breed that isn't even hers. 

SA_horses

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2006, 10:31:16 am »
Ms. Blank, let me preface this by saying that your post seems to me to be very political and that I don't think anyone here is concerned with breed politics.  Some post here specifically because politics aren't discussed.

I thought I would comment on some of the rumors being spread on here and elsewhere....

If there are any rumors that I personally have spread that were not identified as potentially being rumors ("I heard...") then I apologize in advance.  However, you failed to point out in your post any such rumors that we have spread here.

There is no official entity called "Kuvasz Rescue".  There is a remnant of an unofficial "club" called Kuvasz Fanciers (no board, no memberships).  It started back in the 80's as the pet project of some kuvasz breeders who supported "hungarian type" of kuvasz.  They used to put on fun matches and wrote a newletter called the Candle.  Now about all that is left is a web site with kuvasz information and is now non profit so is able to accept and donate funds for dogs in need with no rules and no board (so able to disperse funds easily). This is Gail's "club".

I don't think that anyone on here has said that there is a single "Kuvasz rescue" organization.  I have used the term, however to refer collectively to those people who are active in rescuing Kuvaszok, particularly those who are normally so active and are also involved in this rescue.

As far as KFA, NO ONE here has brought this issue up before, and, since this is obviously something about which you have strong opinions, I am not going to comment on that.

The Kuvasz Club of America used to have a Rescue committee, but due to liability concerns (Gail was one of the ones who brought it up), the committee was disbanded.  However, they still do have a rescue fund that can be used to REIMBURSE veterinarians, etc. There is not a position in the club that deals with rescue. There is a loose group that has an email list and they rescue.

I am a teenager and don't know anything worth mentioning about the history of the Kuvasz breed in America or the history of Kuvasz breed clubs.  However, if the AKC parent club (KCA) doesn't do rescue, why are you upset that the KCA board wasn't notified?  As you yourself point out, they don't do rescue.

The kuvasz owners around New York stuck their heads in the sand, or just simply didnt contact the KCA board even though they went to the farm.  Some now that are the most vocal (and you've seen their posts) purposely kept out of it until shamed into helping (although you wouldn't know it from their posts!).  Dan Wasson lives in Michigan and works very long hours full time.  He was getting hundreds of emails a day, and having to sort through them. He was screening homes, trying to arrange transportation, trying to find reasonably priced veterinary care, etc. The dogs were the property of the estate until the will was read a couple of weeks ago. Then the heirs signed them over to rescue.  Taking the dogs before then would have been stealing!

Do you know any Kuvasz owners in New York?  Do you know that they were aware of the situation and, if they were, did nothing?  If not, then let's not pass the blame onto people we don't even know and who furthermore cannot even defend themselves on here.

I don't know Mr. Wasson, but why wasn't he working with other rescue people to make the work more managable?  Why wasn't he delegating responsibiliti es so that EVERYONE who offered help in ANY way received at least a thank you note and some explanation of the confusion, that they would contacted later, or some such?  This part was clearly not managed well, and this is where I personally am annoyed.

However, this isn't Mr. Wasson's fault either.  To my knowledge, nothing like this has happened before, and so no one was prepared.  The reason I am annoyed, is that there could have been a better coordinated Kuvasz rescue organization by now, but for the infighting and politics seen all the time in the Kuvasz world.  Hopefully this situation will wake everyone up so that they will start working together for the dogs' sake.

A New Yorker named Lisa Boyle ended up offering to help (but no one came to the KCA on her behalf with any details until later in the game when Gail started yelling at a couple of KCA board members for not sending money to her). Lisa works with a sanctuary and wanted to transport the dogs to her farm where they could be assessed,and rehomed.  No one in the KCA (the parent club) really knew who she was.  Gail, Dan and the rest didn't really explain who she was and how she could help. They didn't present a plan to the club on how many dogs there where, what the costs were, etc.  We never got a list of the dogs but still were all diligently screening homes to send to Dan and trying to arrange transportation, WHEN THERE WERE NO KUVASZ PEOPLE IN NEW YORK TO HELP. Lisa, through Gail, requested $100 a dog to spay/neuter, bail out of the HS and bring to her farm. However, the KCA has policies in place that they do not donate to individuals.  While the board was discussing all this (and remember, this is summer, people are out of town, kids are home from school and on vacation, etc), angry emails were flying around that the KCA was not stepping up to the plate by paying Lisa and "letting the dogs languish". We were not informed about the dogs being released by the family as a board, but only saw list serv emails at the very END of June that they were released, AND still had no idea who Lisa was or that there was a person in NY actually willing to take care of these dogs! Still, no one presented a plan to us with any details but we finally found out who the vets were and arranged payment methods with them.  Once the board was informed, it went to work quickly and offered up all of the $2500 in our rescue fund.

Ms. Blank, you yourself pointed out that KCA doesn't do rescue.  Why are you harping on the fact that the KCA board wasn't kept in the loop?

Also if "there were no Kuvasz people in New York to help" (to use your own words), why did you earlier blame the Kuvasz owners in New York for having "stuck their heads in the sand"?  Further, when there are no Kuvasz people in a given area, it would be wise to start making contacts with other LGD breed people, such as Northeast Pyr Rescue, so that they can help you.

The KCA is its members. Many of the members prefer to spread rumors, like those on here, rather than picking up the phone and talking to a board member and helping out.

I don't think there are any KCA members on here, except for yourself.  If there are, they certainly aren't very active in discussions.  Non-KCA members aren't going to know who to contact on the KCA board or even how to contact them for rescue.  Further, since the KCA doesn't do rescue, why should they be contacted at all?

So, please, this situation is difficult enough without spreading more rumors. It's easy to sit here and get "miffed" etc, but everyone involved has lives too.  They have health problems, money problems, time problems but the difference is they are in their working, either there in person or trying to fix the communication problems that have plagued this rescue.  People forget that the heirs are the ones responsible for this mess, but have not been held liable at all.  As far as politics goes, there will always be a difference of opinion.  People like to chalk that up to "politics". Majority rules, so you can never predict what it will say. If KCA questioned the money spent on any part of this rescue, people would scream "politics". I have people demanding the head of a KCA member who seems to have made people mad, but she is finding homes and charging rescue fees for the rehomed dog so that she is helping to fill this bottomless pit. Some politics!

I realize that people have their own personal lives to worry about.  That is why communication, coordination, and delegation of responsibiliti es is so important.

I don't see how the heirs are responsible.  They had the will read so that there wouldn't be any legal issues, and then they decided to turn the dogs over to rescue organizations.  I doubt that they were aware of all the issues that the Kuvasz rescue network has; they probably thought that these dogs would have no problems once they were signed over.

As far as KCA questioning the money spent on the rescue, my understanding is that certain board members are already doing so.  I don't know that anyone has a problem with money's allocation being questioned (I, for one, do not), but this is not the right time to publically ask for this.  Those who have doubts about the rescue's handling are free to not donate money, or, if they already have, to not donate any additional money.

I feel really bad for Lisa that this was handled so poorly by ALL involved.  She's done a great job for a breed that isn't even hers.

I agree that Lisa has done an excellent job in stepping in where many of the individual Kuvasz rescuers failed!  Bravo to her!!!

Sofia

Offline glaciercreekkuvasz

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Creek Kuvasz
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2006, 10:44:24 pm »
[ and that I don't think anyone here is concerned with breed politics.
>>>>>>>>
well, it IS mentioned over and over again on here... Several times just in your response...Per sonality conflicts aren't politics and the record should be set straight.
>>>>>>

If there are any rumors that I personally have spread that were not identified as potentially being rumors ("I heard...")
>>>>>>>
even by identifying them as rumors is still spreading rumors. When they are cut and pasted elsewhere the identifying remarks may not carry over with them. Then they become "facts" and incite people. Rumors repeated are still...rumors . Which can incite people and make them angry. Needlessly.
>>>>>>>>>>
 then I apologize in advance.  However, you failed to point out in your post any such rumors that we have spread here.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Why would I REPEAT rumors?  Rumors are unsubstantiate d comments and conjecture.  Which pretty much describes several comments on previous posts.  Go back through all the posts and see how many assumptions/assertions are not substantiated but repeated on here. Many from "elsewhere" or "I heard".  WHERE?  Have you ever played the whisper game?  Then you might see why I posted.  Posts on here can be cut and pasted all over the net as FACT. Just as they were taken off other lists and posted on here, out of context and unsubstantiate d.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As far as KFA, NO ONE here has brought this issue up before, and, since this is obviously something about which you have strong opinions, I am not going to comment on that.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Actually, I have donated regularly to both KFA and KCA organizations in the past and have supported events from both organizations. Which demonstrates how drawing conclusions based on little evidence can be completely wrong. When rumors are being spread about "politics" then the unknowing public take it as against the club and I am on here to set the record straight that these rumors are without merit.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

However, if the AKC parent club (KCA) doesn't do rescue, why are you upset that the KCA board wasn't notified?  As you yourself point out, they don't do rescue.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
There are many posts out on the internet that are blaming the KCA for this mess, and for "letting the dogs languish". As a member, I think this is extremely unfounded and unfair. If you aren't interested in any of the circumstances of what really happened, then I'm not sure why are you so negative about anything said to clarify any of the events that have been questioned?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
[The kuvasz owners around New York stuck their heads in the sand,
Do you know any Kuvasz owners in New York?  Do you know that they were aware of the situation and, if they were, did nothing? 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
yes, Personally. I have known them for years. I was stunned that they did not step up to the plate. There are many within a half a day or a day's drive and yes, they were very aware but never offered to go check on the dogs and evaluate them, which was desperately needed when they were released by the family.  Also, there are extremely well known breeders in Canada who live within a day's drive who also did nothing, and still have done nothing.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
If not, then let's not pass the blame onto people we don't even know and who furthermore cannot even defend themselves on here.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Then I would advise the same thing of anyone posting on here about this rescue.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I don't know Mr. Wasson, but why wasn't he working with other rescue people to make the work more managable?  Why wasn't he delegating responsibiliti es so that EVERYONE who offered help in ANY way received at least a thank you note and some explanation of the confusion, that they would contacted later, or some such?  This part was clearly not managed well, and this is where I personally am annoyed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Did you ask him personally?  Did you call him up?  Did you contact any of the other rescue organizations listed on the net?  Or did you just post on here how annoyed you were and make assumptions (rumors) about what was or wasn't done?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

However, this isn't Mr. Wasson's fault either.  To my knowledge, nothing like this has happened before, and so no one was prepared.  The reason I am annoyed, is that there could have been a better coordinated Kuvasz rescue organization by now, but for the infighting and politics seen all the time in the Kuvasz world. 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
No, that's not the case at all and THOSE are some of the rumors I am asking you to cease.  The lack of coordination came first and finger pointing by individuals came second.  THAT is the point of my whole post and I am not sure why you keep trying to perpetuate the negativity?  Why are you still spreading these rumors????  You are completely missing many of the points I made and choosing to be argumentative instead. Fact, there are a couple of people who like to poison pen on the net.  They like to say it's politics and point fingers.  It's NOT politics, it's personalities.  There's a HUGE difference.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hopefully this situation will wake everyone up so that they will start working together for the dogs' sake.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I hope so, but some of these people can't work with anyone, yet they have kuvasz and a computer and lots of time to spread negativity. Because they have a kuvasz, some folks take them seriously and what they post at face value. Don't.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Ms. Blank, you yourself pointed out that KCA doesn't do rescue.  Why are you harping on the fact that the KCA board wasn't kept in the loop?
>>>>>>>>>>>
Harping? I am addressing the many posts out in cyberland that have attacked the KCA for "letting the dogs languish" and others (such as over and over on here) that say that politics caused the problem.  Lack of communication did, pure and simple, but all anyone has heard was the other side about "politics and infighting". I keep hearing it over and over again and it simply isn't true on the part of the KCA.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Also if "there were no Kuvasz people in New York to help" (to use your own words), why did you earlier blame the Kuvasz owners in New York for having "stuck their heads in the sand"? 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
To use my own words, I stated there ARE kuvasz owners in New York as they stuck their heads in the sand, voila, no EFFECTIVE kuvasz owners in New York. There are over a dozen KCA members in that area, many more within a days drive, and MANY more kuvasz owners who aren't in the club(yet are on other kuvasz email lists). WHERE WERE THEY???
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 I don't think there are any KCA members on here, except for yourself. 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
there are other KCA members who read. This is a public board. You don't have to join to read it. However, I was specifically referring to the rumors that were being spread and being repeated on here.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 Non-KCA members aren't going to know who to contact on the KCA board or even how to contact them for rescue. 

http://www.kuvasz.com.  They come right up on a google, and are directly linked to the AKC, as it is the Parent Club.

Further, since the KCA doesn't do rescue, why should they be contacted at all?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
the KCA has a rescue fund.  We don't "do" rescue but we do help with expenses through the generosity of our membership.  None of the rescue folks out there (other than KFA) has the ability to raise funds. The KCA is a non profit, all funds are tax deductible.  We donated all of it to this rescue.  Hopefully no other dogs will be in need until generous people replenish the funds. If so, people need to submit specific expenses to the club to be reimbursed.  We will also work directly with the vets and shelters to pay for vet care on dogs in need.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I realize that people have their own personal lives to worry about.  That is why communication, coordination, and delegation of responsibiliti es is so important.

>>>>>>>>>>>
sounds wonderful, but as I said "no one" was in charge. Noe one WANTED to be in charge, other than possibly Dan, and I'm sure he was quite overwhelmed by the flood of emails offering good wishes (and not much else), and no worker bees to be found in the area.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I don't see how the heirs are responsible. 

THEY ran up the bills at the Humane Society.  THEY didn't have the dogs spayed or neutered. THEY didn't have licenses on the dogs, THEY didn't have rabies vaccinations. This is a huge chunk of money that "rescue" is paying for. THEY dumped the dogs onto rescue and walked away. Rescuers have to pay for the care they received while property of the heirs. A big chunk of change.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As far as KCA questioning the money spent on the rescue, my understanding is that certain board members are already doing so. 

I don't know that anyone has a problem with money's allocation being questioned (I, for one, do not), but this is not the right time to publically ask for this.  Those who have doubts about the rescue's handling are free to not donate money, or, if they already have, to not donate any additional money.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I don't know the specifics you are talking about?  Please share with us the specifics and have you talked to the person to find out what they were asking? Where did you see this questioning?

At this time there is no feedback to ANYONE on how many dogs have been taken off the farm, how many dogs have been spayed or neutered, what the vet costs were (IE, one dog had extra surgery for mammary tumors, does that change the total amount now needed?), what their status is (one dog died from her spay, several others have been adopted already and the adopters asked for donations back).  Without this kind of information, we don't know if all costs are now covered (at 3000 from KFA and $2500 from the KCA) or if we need to shake the bushes for some more. 

I agree that Lisa has done an excellent job in stepping in where many of the individual Kuvasz rescuers failed!  Bravo to her!!!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Why would you say they "failed"? No one that was actually involved "failed".  And where did you get "many"?  There are some great KCA members on the scene who are helping to screen homes and transport dogs, and deserve a lot of kudos too. But they are few....(but legions more than the non-KCA kuvasz owners in the area). 

I understand the urge to help by chatting on here, but please be aware of how your posts can be taken.  Don't repeat anything if you haven't heard it first hand.  You are only adding to the problem of "infighting". 

I appreciate that you guys are so concerned about these dogs and I applaud the ones who have donated.  You've saved a life.   

Thank you.