Author Topic: Derby is HOME!!  (Read 5606 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Derby is HOME!!
« on: July 07, 2006, 10:27:21 pm »
Derby and I arrived home tonight about 7:00 pm. It was a long trip, but he was PERFECT the whole way - in the car and in the hotel rooms. I couldn't ask for a better buddy. I have so many stories to tell you all, but I'm sleepy and road weary and promise I'll fill you in tomorrow. For now, here are a few pictures from our last days in Omaha and our trip home:

The stepping stone with Derby's paw print that my sister, Kerry made for Tracy's mom:

Kerry's spoiled rotten Italian Greyhound, Lola:

Derby in the car enjoying the breeze:

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

doggylover

Re: Derby is HOME!!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 11:31:25 pm »
Derby looks SO happy.  What a cutie pie...
 :D

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 05:32:47 am »
Welcome Home Derby...the stepping stone is beautiful. 

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 06:41:36 am »
Oh Jeanne! That's just wonderful! YAAAAAAAAAAAY FOR DERBY! How lucky for you two to have one another!!!!!

Hehehe....and is that IG the cutest thing EVER or what?!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 07:17:50 am »
What great news!!!  I'm so happy that Derby is with you, at home, safe at last! 

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 07:39:11 am »
Glad the trip went well!  So glad you were able to get Derby!  I'm sure it will be an adjustment for him but he'll eventually settle in and be very happy as well.
Daphne

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 08:47:16 am »
I'm glad that you and Derby made the trip okay.  The paw print was a great idea and beautiful.

kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Kiahpyr

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 07:31:50 pm »
YAY!! I'm glad you made it home safely. Feel free to post pics you took of my pups. Could you email them to me too? Thanks!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 07:34:09 pm »
Welcome to the BPO family Derby :)
RIP former BPO

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 09:25:01 pm »
Thanks for the well-wishes everyone. I'm hoping to have a doggie-shower to properly welcome him into the family in the next couple of weekends. I'd love to hear your ideas for decorations and activities.

Derby has settled in very quickly. He is lying next to me and Miles the cat on my bed right now. He spends all day strewing his toys all over the house and just generally being lovable.

I am bursting to tell you the neatest story about our adventure to get him, though:

The day we went over to Mary's to pick Derby up and take him back to my parents' house so we could make the stepping stones, I was leading him to my car when a red butterfly flew up to us, circled my head, then circled Derby's head then landed on my car before flying off with another butterfly.

I was very moved by this and knew in my heart it was a sign from Tracy letting me know that she approved and sending us her love.

But wait, it gets better: when we were driving through the Arkansas mountains, we got stopped for a while due to an overturned turkey truck blocking the highway. As we were sitting waiting for it to clear, a red butterfly flew in our window, landed on the camcorder my friend was holding and then flew off again.

And, at a gas station in north Louisiana where we had stopped for some refreshments, a red butterfly flew in front of me as I walked back to the car.

Now, maybe I'm just making more of this than there really is, but I NEVER see butterflies anymore - and to see so many in such a short period of time - and all of them looking the same - I choose to believe it was Tracy's way of letting us know she was watching over us on the trip home.

To make this even more meaningful to me, one thing I always remembered about Tracy in high school was a play she asked me to come see that she did for an elective drama class. They put it on during school and I was only able to see it because I was on the newspaper staff and could use that excuse to skip out on y regular classes. The play was about kids in a concentration camp during the Holocaust. It was called, "I Never Saw Another Butterfly."
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Icerotti

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 09:15:37 am »
I have goosebumps too...definate ly a sign.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 10:02:48 am »
Thanks for the well-wishes everyone. I'm hoping to have a doggie-shower to properly welcome him into the family in the next couple of weekends. I'd love to hear your ideas for decorations and activities.

Derby has settled in very quickly. He is lying next to me and Miles the cat on my bed right now. He spends all day strewing his toys all over the house and just generally being lovable.

I am bursting to tell you the neatest story about our adventure to get him, though:

The day we went over to Mary's to pick Derby up and take him back to my parents' house so we could make the stepping stones, I was leading him to my car when a red butterfly flew up to us, circled my head, then circled Derby's head then landed on my car before flying off with another butterfly.

I was very moved by this and knew in my heart it was a sign from Tracy letting me know that she approved and sending us her love.

But wait, it gets better: when we were driving through the Arkansas mountains, we got stopped for a while due to an overturned turkey truck blocking the highway. As we were sitting waiting for it to clear, a red butterfly flew in our window, landed on the camcorder my friend was holding and then flew off again.

And, at a gas station in north Louisiana where we had stopped for some refreshments, a red butterfly flew in front of me as I walked back to the car.

Now, maybe I'm just making more of this than there really is, but I NEVER see butterflies anymore - and to see so many in such a short period of time - and all of them looking the same - I choose to believe it was Tracy's way of letting us know she was watching over us on the trip home.

To make this even more meaningful to me, one thing I always remembered about Tracy in high school was a play she asked me to come see that she did for an elective drama class. They put it on during school and I was only able to see it because I was on the newspaper staff and could use that excuse to skip out on y regular classes. The play was about kids in a concentration camp during the Holocaust. It was called, "I Never Saw Another Butterfly."
So sweet of Tracy to let watch over you & Derby on your journey home!...I am so glad he is finally there...He deserves the kind of life he will have with you. :-*

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2006, 08:14:25 pm »
I know that Tracy will forever be watching over you and Derby.  The paw print stepping stone is beautiful.  Very thoughtful of your sister.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2006, 07:40:05 am »
That is an amazing story Jeanne! Tracy is watching over you and Derby! I am so happy you and Derby are together! Welcome home sweet boy!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 07:41:54 am by EllieAndBlu »