Author Topic: I NEED ADVICE ASAP!  (Read 5322 times)

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
Re: I NEED ADVICE ASAP!
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 03:48:59 pm »
Congrats whichever way things work.

But .. about the name, with Badger being Mr. Stinky, Gossy could be Ms. Gassy :) You'd have Stinky & Gassy . I just don't know if I'd want to come to your house .. haha :)
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

doggylover

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 04:09:48 pm »
Congrats whichever way things work.

But .. about the name, with Badger being Mr. Stinky, Gossy could be Ms. Gassy :) You'd have Stinky & Gassy . I just don't know if I'd want to come to your house .. haha :)
OMG that is TOO perfect!  Gassy Gossy!!! LOL I HOPE she doesn't earn that nickname.  All we need is TWO HUGE FARTERS!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 04:13:51 pm »
I think you just may have found your passion ;) Go for it. 
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 07:17:28 pm »
Good advice from everyone.  I just thought of something that definitely needs to be discussed and put in writing...  what happens if the pregnancy results in just one pup, or just one surviving pup?  You could have put all your time, money and effort into keeping up your end of the bargain, and end up with nothing.  And litters of one DO happen.

Weedsport, NY

doggylover

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 07:20:56 pm »
Good advice from everyone.  I just thought of something that definitely needs to be discussed and put in writing...  what happens if the pregnancy results in just one pup, or just one surviving pup?  You could have put all your time, money and effort into keeping up your end of the bargain, and end up with nothing.  And litters of one DO happen.
That is a possibility, but if that happened, I would happily give her the pup, I would do it all for the experience... and for the show quality pup, and to learn things.....
 :D
AND TO GET TO CUDDLE THE ONE LIVE PUP FOR 7 WHOLE WEEKS!!!!!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2006, 07:24:21 pm »
I agree with Dixie.  You seem to be very passionate about the opportunity and the whole idea.  I think you should follow your passions and go for it.  Who knows maybe by the time you get around to needing puppy homes, I will be able to support that habit too.   ;D 

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2006, 07:26:33 pm »
I think that sounds like an amazing oppertunity for you!...I've though about breeding somewhere down the road & my biggest concern is the same as yours...Having to give up the pups!...Just make sure, like any business venture that involves a partner you make absolutly sure that both you & the breeder have the same expectations for the deal & GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING!!!...There is nothing rude or out of line about insisting on this...It's business plain & simple...Make sure you are both on the same page about when the breeding should take place & what will happen in the event of complications. ..Good luck & enjoy your oppertunity to take part in this amazing experience! ;D

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2006, 07:29:39 pm »
Oh wait, I must be confused.  This is the enablers anonymous list right? 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

doggylover

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2006, 07:30:35 pm »
Oh wait, I must be confused.  This is the enablers anonymous list right? 
ROFL YES, Jaime is like the 'Queenpin'
HAHAHA

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2006, 07:16:11 am »
I think breeder's contracts have some great benefits depending on your goals.  I am seriously considering this for one reason.  I want the best of the best of the best, Sir, with honors, Sir (Men In Black).  LOL!  Every awesome Lab I've seen is one that a breeder has kept for their breeding program or it is a Guiding Eye dog.  I want those dogs!  The only way I'm going to get one of the best of the best is to get it on a breeding contract.  Frankly, I'd want my pick of the litter and let the breeder take the rest.  That way if you've really bonded with one pup, you'll be able to keep it.  If you want to get into showing, this REALLY is an awesome opportunity.  Whatever you agree to, do get all the details down in writing.
Daphne

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2006, 11:58:09 am »
Ok, time to bring this topic back up for discussion- I might have missed the discussion elsewhere, but is this agreement what is going on with Gossy, or do you have her without the breeding partnership? If you will be breeding her in the future, I hope you aren't too awfully far away from me when the time comes! *HINT*HINT*

Weedsport, NY