Author Topic: Dog smell in the house  (Read 10650 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Dog smell in the house
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 11:07:41 pm »
here are two tips about dogs that i've used.  a breeder i know uses vinegar when she washes her dog, along with shampoo.  she had a ton of dogs, and they never smelled bad!  i've tried this and it works great.  a tip to get your white dogs white is to use corn starch and vinegar (someone else may have another variation) to make a paste and let it sit for about 5 minutes.  this also helps with the "dog" smell that is actually on the dog.  we try to keep out dogs smelling good, so our house does too.  petsmart has a cologne for dogs that smells like baby powder and OMG it smells so good, and actually lasts for a day or so.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Dog smell in the house
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 11:09:30 pm »
I'm a Febreeze user and would think they'd offer me free stock with the amount I go through. ::) I spray all the fabric furniture, curtains, and the carpets & rugs. And I keep one in my car, too. I'm a fairly clean person, but my standard of cleanliness took a serious nose-dive when we brought these two home. Oh well -- wouldn't have it any other way. ;)
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)