Author Topic: What kind of collar does your dog wear, and why?  (Read 19034 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: What kind of collar does your dog wear, and why?
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2006, 04:57:49 am »
we're still in search for the perfect collar that lasts more than 2 months, but i can say we tried the leather and my dogs used them as chew toys that were conveniently attached to a best friend!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Boo-Damphir

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2006, 09:18:19 pm »
I have a mix of collars in the "doggie wardrobe"  I keep my eye out for unique leather ones and fun cloth-covered ones.  With the short hair on the Dobermans, it's fun to change their collars frequently (drives my husband nuts LOL)

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2006, 04:24:25 am »
Hmmm, all three have just flat, woven nylon buckle collars. They wear these all the time, and have all of their ID stuff hanging from the. Also, I took a black sharpie marker and wrote our address and phone number in block letters on the collar itself, just incase the ID tags got ripped off for some reason. All three have chips implanted as well...but I'm a fraidy-cat...

When we walk, Zeus gets a Gentle Leader (he's better than a husky at a sled-pull...let me tell you!), Apollo gets a pinch (He doesn't need it usually, but it actually makes people feel better about hiim...bizarre!) and Onyx gets a regular choke chain.
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2006, 07:08:48 am »
Mine wear Earth Dog collars (they have matching leashes). Sadie's is orange, and Riley's is blue. Sadie also has a UT collar, but it went missing (neighbor's dog had it), so she got her Earth Dog one. I have it back now, as a spare.

When we walk, they walk on gentle leaders. I have prong collars for both of them, but they tend to want to wrestle without their gentle leaders. We're working on that. The goal is to have Sadie on a regular collar and Riley on a prong for all walks (I'd probably keep Riley on a prong just in case he ran, since he's so big; I can hold Sadie when she pulls).

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2006, 09:24:25 am »
All three of mine have a chain collar,not a choke chain,but a collar that I came up with myself,that has all their tags.

Falkor I am using a martingale because he still pulls and is learning to walk nicely on a leash.Once he learns I will only use the chain.

I like them because they don't break the hair around their necks,and I also have them all chipped as well.

Tricia and the fur kids
PS picture of the *the chain*
I buy it at Ace hardware by the foot,and it is stainless steele.