Author Topic: Cute wee little puppy pictures...and an update on Smudge  (Read 4320 times)

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Cute wee little puppy pictures...and an update on Smudge
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 11:30:40 am »
OMG your boys' puppy pics are sooooo cute! Can you just stand how adorable (and tiny) My. Grey's face was!  :)

As for Smudge... you are the best mom ever! You did what was best for your home and for the little guy. I will take inspiration from that as I am currently struggling with the same situation/decision at my house.

<Hijacked thread...> What is happening?!?!
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

EllieAndBlu

Re: Cute wee little puppy pictures...and an update on Smudge
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 12:21:39 pm »
OMG your boys' puppy pics are sooooo cute! Can you just stand how adorable (and tiny) My. Grey's face was!  :)

As for Smudge... you are the best mom ever! You did what was best for your home and for the little guy. I will take inspiration from that as I am currently struggling with the same situation/decision at my house.

<Hijacked thread...> What is happening?!?!

Oh My - where to begin... I will try to summarize... it all started when my roomie's sister came home in December with a 6-year old weim (Riley)rescue... in a nutshell owner abandoned him at doggie daycare (roomie's sister works there)for weeks and weeks... then came in and dumped him at the Humane Society. roomie's sister was heartbroken so the very next day she went and adopted him... then brought him home until we all could figure out how to find him a loving home. She brought him home with the intention of finding him a forever home because like she said "we have too many dogs as it is." (without Ri were at 7 dogs and a cat).

So we all fell in love with Riley. However he has separation anxiety and gets stressed when not around his people. I posted about him in January looking for a home and Stella so graciously put me in touch with her sister and brother-in-law. I truly felt that was an ideal home from him and they sounded perfect for the "donkey" (or donks as I call him for short)... and they were so excited about him. Somehow I became the one in charge of finding him a home and I found a great one in Stella's extended family. But unfortunately the roomie and sister would not agree to Riley's new home being so far away (don't get me started on that!)

Anyhow. The big guy stayed and since then has become VERY attached to me... I am his chosen person! If we are in the house and not together, he is not happy.
I LOVE the big guy but I think he would be much happier in a house with less chaos. He gets along well with the other dogs but he really just wants to be with his person/people.

So I happened upon a woman interested in Riley and after screening and a test-run she wanted to try Riley out. She took him in while I was on vacation which I thought would be better for Riley and myself too.

When I got back last Monday... I missed Riley terribly but things in the house were much calmer and my Blu was so much happier.

Well the woman's work schedule is changing drastically and she didn't feel it was fair to keep Riley, so he is back with us.

Here is my ultimate quandry about Riley... besides the separation anxiety...  Blu hates him and Riley doesn't like Blu. My Blu is stressed around him and I feel so badly about that. Blu isn't getting quality time with his mama cause from the moment I am home Riley is with me.

So that is my struggle. What do I do with the Donkey? I look at him and don't know if i can give him up? But if I do find him a forever home - this time it has to be it - no more going back and forth - it's just too difficult for us and for Riley.

I am sorry this took so long... and I kept it shot....lol there is so much more I want to say/explain about the situation...  anyhoo, I hope this much makes sense.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Rachel
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 12:34:46 pm by EllieAndBlu »