Author Topic: Sadie's turn  (Read 12801 times)

k2campbell

Re: Sadie's turn
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 05:52:47 pm »
I'm glad to hear Sadie made out just fine! ;D  I'm sure they'll keep a watchful eye on her - but I understand your concern - I was a nervous wreck too! :-\

A tip that Dakotamom original told me when Kate was spayed: use a sleeveless t-shirt instead of a cone to prevent Sadie from licking her stictches.  Worked like a charm, and saves you $$$ from having to buy the cone!!! ;D

Keep us posted please! ;)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 05:56:36 pm »
Thanks for the tips guys! I'll dig out an old T-shirt for her right now. I'm going NUTS without my girl! I'm so bored without her bugging me! There's nothin' to DO!!! WAHHHHH!!! I miss my baby!!! :'( :'( :'(
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 06:30:10 pm »
Oh, poor Sadie and poor you!  I'm sure she'll sleep all night, though.  I would have gone crazy without the girls too!  I guess you'll have lots of time for BPO tonight.  ;)  Sasha and Bella send good wishes for Sadie's speedy recovery!  :)  (We tried the T-shirt with Bella and it worked great!)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 07:11:34 pm »
I'm glad the surgery went well and Sadie is okay.  I know when both Cinder and Kaila were spayed my vet made me call right before coming to pick them up at 5:00pm to make sure I could get them.  It was iffy with Kaila because she was still dopey whether he was going to keep her overnight but he sent her home.  I think she was too much of a pain in the booty even drugged up to keep.

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2006, 07:51:38 am »
She's home! I picked her up and you'd have thought she hadn't seen me in years! She was all wiggles and rubbing her butt all over me. No hint of aggravation at me for leaving her there. And no hint that she had surgery yesterday. The whole staff loved her to pieces and told me what a good dog she was. I'm thinking "Yeah, that's because she was drugged". ;) She is now sporting a CATS T-shirt because I am mean.

Will she calm down now that she's spayed? Please say yes...
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2006, 08:02:10 am »
Oh, I'm so glad Sadie's home!  :) Cats T-shirt...Ha!  How funny!  I think that if Sadie could read, she'd be a little annoyed about that.  Give her lots of snuggles from us! :)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2006, 08:12:54 am »
mmmm how old is she again? :) Sophie was slow for several days after her spay and is back to her usual rambunctious self.

She'll be 8 months on the 20th. She hasn't missed a beat. She's not even a little bit slow. Damn near pulled my arm out of the socket to get into the house to see her kitties. She's behaving like nothing happened except she's a little slower on the stairs, but other than that, same old CRAZY Sadie. I'm thinking this is probably a bad sign that she's a permanent spaz?
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Icerotti

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2006, 08:15:59 am »
AW glad to hear she is home...and everything went well.
Rosie is the same way too. I thought I would have at least one slow night with her last night...nope wanted to play, jump run..... ::)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2006, 08:19:04 am »
mmmm how old is she again? :) Sophie was slow for several days after her spay and is back to her usual rambunctious self.

She'll be 8 months on the 20th. She hasn't missed a beat. She's not even a little bit slow. Damn near pulled my arm out of the socket to get into the house to see her kitties. She's behaving like nothing happened except she's a little slower on the stairs, but other than that, same old CRAZY Sadie. I'm thinking this is probably a bad sign that she's a permanent spaz?
Grace did that too.  :)  Glad she's doing well!!!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2006, 08:22:44 am »
I think it takes a couple of weeks for the hormones to get completely out of her system....but I don't think it changes their personalities at all.  Mr. Roaming Man Chester does stay home now, since his neuter, but he's still the most energetic Newf I've ever seen!!!

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2006, 08:53:01 am »
We were lucky then, Sophie was conked out for two days.

But like I said she's back to her old self. Found some cat poop last night, rolled in it, got it stuck in her hair and ate what didn't get stuck. YAY! THAT was not fun, especially the smell. WHY do they eat poop???? This is the first time I've seen her do that.

But no, she's still a 90 mile a minute dog :) Give her a couple more months. Bava all of a sudden chilled out. He actually likes being brushed now and will let you do it without trying to bite the brush.

LOL Sadie thinks the litter box is an all you can eat buffet! It's so gross! I have no idea why they do that, but it's absolutely repulsive.
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2006, 08:56:24 am »
I think it takes a couple of weeks for the hormones to get completely out of her system....but I don't think it changes their personalities at all.  Mr. Roaming Man Chester does stay home now, since his neuter, but he's still the most energetic Newf I've ever seen!!!

I hope it doesn't change her personality actually, I love her personality (even though I usually want to kill her). I would just like her personality much better if she took it down a few notches ;) Sadie and Chester are a match made in heaven I think, my vet said she's never seen a Newf with so much....I believe the word she used was "pizazz".
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Kiahpyr

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2006, 09:20:56 am »

LOL Sadie thinks the litter box is an all you can eat buffet! It's so gross! I have no idea why they do that, but it's absolutely repulsive.

OMG!!! Kitana thinks the same thing! She's sneaky about it too. It's so gross I just want to puke when she does it. At least I know why her breath stinks so bad! LOL!

I'm glad Sadie is back at home recovering. The day after Kitana's spay she was back to being a total spaz! It was so hard keeping her quiet. I don't think it will change Sadie at all. I think that will come has she gets older. At least that's what I'm hoping for with Kitana.

Icerotti

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2006, 08:03:27 pm »
How is Sadie? :)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2006, 11:02:42 am »
geezalou! how did we miss sadie's surgery news????  well i'm glad that she's doing well!!  hopefully she'll calm down, maybe she's just adjusting to a quick change in environmentS!  fumbs sends sloppy kisses and stacy and i send hugs!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!