Author Topic: sad  (Read 7328 times)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: sad
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2006, 11:02:41 am »
is it just grieving or is he in danger or suicide (we know some dogs die after their owners die, could it be true also about dogs when they lose their canine companion ?)

Yes, it is grieving.  After Otis died, my female Lucille had the exact same reaction.  She laid where he laid, didn't want to play anymore, didn't lift her head, etc.  I tried everything:  going on new adventures, different walks, meeting up with friends who had dogs.  We even got Cowboy then, who was a rescue, because he was big like Otis and was so dear.  She just couldn't snap out of it.  She never bonded with Cowboy and after her immunization (HUGE mistake!!) she got ITP (basically an immune-deficiency disease) and died 5 months after Otis.  I don't mean to scare you, but do watch the survivor.  I think they love deeply and forever, just like really good humans and sometimes just can't recover.  My only solace after that horrible year was that they were together and both waiting for me at the bridge!!! :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: sad
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2006, 11:23:42 am »
I am sorry to hear about your loss  :'(

I don't really have any words of wisdom, except to say that I hope that you can remain strong for yourself and your family (grieving pets included)
RIP former BPO