Author Topic: no kill shelter in SW Ohio has big dogs available for adoption  (Read 3217 times)

Offline 8BIGPAWS

• Gnawer
  • Molly (black) & Murphy (white)
    • View Profile
http://www.circletail.org/Shelter_Progra/profileshelter.htm

This is where we got our Murphy from.  They do great work.  Murphy was acquired by Circle Tail from a family that had to give him up.  Murphy was put into a 'cell dog' program then into a foster home.  He came trained!  Can't beat that! 

There are labs, St. Bernards, GSD, big dog mixes,adults, young and puppies.

Check it out and pass it along.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 01:41:15 pm by 8BIGPAWS »

Offline krismark

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • My babies!
Re: no kill shelter in SW Ohio has big dogs available for adoption
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 02:47:08 pm »
I really like that site. It has a lot of great descriptions of the dogs. I wish all rescue organizations were able to do that.

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 04:10:42 pm »
Hey, and since this is here, I will take the opportunity to say that one of our own BPOers used to work very closely with Circle Tail. Her name is Emily (greek4) and she is mama to Maya and Rocco.

Just thought I'd give a shout-out!  ;D

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 04:38:56 pm »
Yep, I used to work with them.  They are great and almost always have a selection of well trained service program drop outs, puppies, and good old strays available.  They are very careful with who they adopt to and don't hesitate on taking any returns.  They are a great organization and a wonderful group of people.  My dogs still go there to board when I go out of town and it is 5 plus hours away from me now.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 04:41:46 pm »
OOPS! Sorry, Emily! I spelled Maia wrong!

Offline 8BIGPAWS

• Gnawer
  • Molly (black) & Murphy (white)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 05:42:41 pm »
I only live 8 miles away from Circle Tail.  I found them as  an opportunity to play with big dogs before we got Molly and did some volunteering.  Then we have boarded there and done weekend fosters of some dogs in our home. Play dates for Molly to see how she did with other dogs at home.  Then we got Murphy from them last weekend.  And we'll do obedience together there starting Saturday.  He is very well trained.  Still not sure of us but that's to be expected. I'm so pleased with Murphy and how he's getting along.  They are a non-profit and do great work.