Author Topic: Dog needs rescue in Newfoundland, Canada  (Read 1156 times)

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
Dog needs rescue in Newfoundland, Canada
« on: July 13, 2006, 04:18:57 pm »
Here's an email I received today:

We have been contacted by the owners of this dog named Lady, who is four and a half years of age, and extremely pregnant. The owners say that they need to give her up by Fri. because they are leaving the province for work.

One of our staff members, Bruce Carey, has met Lady on a couple of occasions and took the attached pictures. Bruce says "This is what I know about Lady. I suspect that she is a Doberman mix. She is a very sweet dog - her tail is always wagging when you talk to her. She is super-friendly, and lives with a cat, but I'm told that she is scared
of other dogs. She can sit and shake paw. Lady is VERY pregnant and has never seen a vet in her life."
>
We don't want to see Lady be "put to sleep" for lack of a
foster home for  two to three months while she has, and then weans, her puppies.

If you or anyone you know can foster Lady to save her life, please write back or call the Heavenly Creatures office. Again, we are told that we have until this Fri. (July 14)

Also, owing to the fact that she has never seen a vet in her life, if we are able to take Lady in to our foster program we will need to take her to a vet as soon as we get her to have her checked. If anyone is able to contribute toward the cost of having her vet checked (or the money with which to have her spayed after the pups are placed)
you can call our office to arrange a time for drop-off, or send a cheque or money order to:
>
>                                                               Heavenly Creatures
>  P.O. Box 882, Station C
>   354 Water St., St. John's, A1C 1C0
>
>        Please put Lady on the envelope.
>
>
>Jessica Rendell
>President, Heavenly Creatures
>HC office: 739-0077
______________ ______________ ________
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
Re: Dog needs rescue in Newfoundland, Canada
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 04:05:37 am »
bump...since today is Friday :(
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.