Author Topic: Visitting the #1 Kuvasz breeder in Brasil tomorrow - Updated! It was great!  (Read 6619 times)

Offline Karina

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
I'm not interested in getting a Kuvasz, but I am fascinated by the dogs and also how a top-rated kennel would be run.  They also do training there and I want to see if they'd be an option for puppy-training classes when we get our dog (I'm researching mastiffs, danes, and newfoundlands).  They've been really helpfull in giving references for vets who are used to large/giant dogs and have been really friendly despite the fact I made it clear that I wasn't going to be buying any puppies!   ;)  (I'll be a first-time dog-owner with little kids.  Sound like I should be getting a Kuvasz?  I think not!  But they are brilliant in the right situation.)

I'll try and get pics (if they let me, don't know their rules/preferences about that).  I'm really looking forward to it.   ;D  They even have puppies right now.  I get to cuddle!!!   
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 07:42:41 am by Karina »

Kiahpyr

Re: Visitting the #1 Kuvasz breeder in Brasil tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 12:50:45 pm »
Very exciting!! That's great that they're letting you come visit with them. Hopefully you can take pics.

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
Re: Visitting the #1 Kuvasz breeder in Brasil tomorrow
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 09:31:37 pm »
Visiting a Kuvasz breder in Brazil?  As out of the USA?  Please keep us posted! 
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline Karina

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Oh it was lovely.  Just lovely.  Out in the scenic hills of rural Paraibuna.  And I must say, probably the safest house in rural Paraibuna with all those Kuvasz!

The folks are really nice and are going to introduce me to some nice great dane breeders and mastiff breeders at a Dog Show a couple hours from here (if I'm able to go that is...).  They are lovely folks and everything was muddy cause we've been having rains like nuts the past few days.

There were only about 2-3 Kuvaszok running about, the rest were in their pens (ivy-coverred pens on a scenic hill mind you  ;)).  Usually everyone is out running about but as I was coming (and with my 2 year old daughter) they decided it was best to play it safe.

I didn't feel right whipping out my camera and taking pics, especially as the place was muddy and it wouldn't show off to its best. 

But if you're curious, check out their website: http://www.canilkuvaszok.com.br/index.htm  and click on "nosso canil" to see pics of the place.   

They also raise French bulldogs and there were constantly about 8 underfoot.  My daughter *loved* it.  And boy are my cats interested in me now!!!!  Sniffing like nuts.   :D

So anyway, lovely morning, lovely folks.

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Ohh the place looks gorgeous, glad to hear you had a good time!!
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Gorgeous dogs and farm/estate!  You lucky dog!  What an awesome day that must have been! 
Daphne