Author Topic: Sad news...Badger needs another surgery :(  (Read 11272 times)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Re: Sad news...Badger needs another surgery :(
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2006, 07:44:00 pm »
Awwww!  Badger looks like a king on his new bed!  Poor fella!  That sounds like pretty major surgery  :o  Give him lots of hugs and kisses from all of us here too.  I think waiting is wise.  The heat is hard on these guys and to be recuperating from surgery in it is even worse.  Glad he's got a cozy bed to lay on while ya'll wait!
Daphne

GR8DAME

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006, 07:45:24 pm »
I am sorry to hear that Badger needs another surgery, Ronda. I don't think that you are too hyper about your babies, we all are to some extent or we wouldn't be here. I'll be around anytime you want to vent, either here or in chat.
The matress for Badger seems like a good comprimise, if it is what works for you and him, and he certainly seems comfy. My only suggestion would be that you put a couple of paper and plastic pads under the sheet post op in case of accidents while he is still woozy. Easy to change and protects the matress.
Stella

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2006, 07:53:58 pm »
Poor Badger!  I am sending good thoughts and prayers your way and Tonka sends paw slaps and slobbers!

He does look quite regal on his giant bed!
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2006, 07:59:03 pm »
Poor Badger! I sure hope his surgery goes well. Sorry about this bad news. Zoey and Dolly hope he doesn't have too much pain for now. Feel better soon, Badger!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

doggylover

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2006, 08:05:33 pm »
LOLOL no, I don't think he feels the pea.  We 'knew' he needed this surgery.  We were desperately hoping the doctor would say, 'the damage is minor, we can tape it up and it'll be fine'...or, 'oh he doesn't need surgery, we can do this other thing to fix him right up'. 
We knew, but it's worse having a date and a definate diagnosis. 
Newflvr, it sounds like you went through a very similar situation with a pupper and a dog post surgery.  We are really dreading that.  I am hoping that four weeks from now I have gotten some good training in with Gossy, so that she is a big girl.  I started today with 'leave it' and I'm teaching her to 'stay' so hopefully those things will help. 
:)
I'm sure I'll be fretting over this more as the big day gets closer. 

k2campbell

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2006, 08:05:54 pm »
Oh, Ronda I'm so sorry about this news, poor Pookie.  His bed looks VERY comfy, aw - so sweet! ;) Don't worry Ronda, we are all like you when it comes to our fur babies, you are not in any way a drama queen  :)

Please know we will always be here for you, especially during Badger's surgery.  We'll all be praying and sending positive thoughts both your way and his, I'm sure he'll make it thru and give mommy lots of slobbery kisses afterwards! ;D

Take care and give Pookie a BIG hug from me and Kate please!!! ;)  And you too! :)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2006, 09:43:41 pm »
Sorry to hear Badger's leg isn't doing well  :-\ We will be sure to cross our fingers and paws for him when it is time for his surgery
RIP former BPO

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2006, 10:38:52 pm »
Poor Pookie.  Just make sure that the Gossinator understands completely that the mattress is Pookie's "quiet space" with her going to her crate if necessary while he's on there.  Just to get it through to her to  leave him alone while he's there.

we love you, Ronda, and take a happy pill and calm down so you don't stress pookie out. ;)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2006, 05:56:24 am »
Oh, Puppy dog!!  I feel so bad for you.  We'll keep him in our thoughts and hearts.   :-*

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2006, 06:33:20 am »
Badger we are so sorry that you have to have another surgery.  I bet you will get a lot of extra treats during the next few week, just use those great eyes you have and Mom will give you anything you want.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2006, 06:49:29 am »
Speaking as a charter member of the Paranoid Pupper Mama Club, you are not being dramatic. It is scary stuff when they have to go under. I was convinced Sadie would die while being spayed!  ;)

My Golden had TPLO surgery last year to repair his ACL and the vet told us that usually they need that surgery on the other side at some point. It's something to do with putting added strain on the healthy leg while the injured one is healing. At any rate, we went through that surgery and it wasn't any fun at all. Bailey was a total trooper but it was awful seeing him like that. He's fine now though, you'd never know he'd ever had a bad leg.

The tricky part for us was keeping our other dog from LOSING HIS MIND while Bailey was recovering. They've been together since they were a few months old. Attached at the hip doesn't even begin to cover it. We ended up using the crate again to keep Bailey quiet and safely away from Rocky while he was healing. It was a little tough for a couple of months keeping them both quiet, but our other dog sensed something wasn't right which made it easier than we had anticipated.

Poor Nana Pookie, hope he's feeling better really soon! :)
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2006, 08:48:04 am »
awwwwwww poor Nana Pookie! I am sorry to hear the big guy needs surgery next month! I am SURE his new "Pookie Only" bed will help with his recovery! We will be sending tons of good thoughts and hugs to the "monster dog (love that story!") and y'all.... I know how stressful it is to worry about our babies! Hang in there, sweetie! We are all here for you!

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2006, 09:54:16 am »
AWww...poor Pookie!  I hope this next month goes by quickly and he doesn't suffer too badly.

Poor guy... :-[
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline Boyle

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2006, 12:29:01 pm »
Poor little guy.  I love how a regular doggie bed just wasn't good enough for Badger and only the best twin bed would do!  As everyone else stated, you are not a drama queen, you are Badgers mom.

doggylover

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2006, 05:25:48 pm »
I was having a really hard time with the crate thing.  We have always had it in the house, then we moved it out to the garage (because it is monstrous) but Badger LOVES his crate...he has always loved that crate.  I've planned on bringing it back in, then with the puppy, last time it went out to the garage (for company that was coming over)it stayed out there for days.  Now DH doesn't want it back in because he thinks it is a demotion to have a crate (because fo puppy) in spite of Badger loving it.
So the twin mattress (the most comfy bed in this entire house)is a compromise.  At least it is a place where he can go to get away from puppy teeth. 
As it turns out, he LOVES the new arrangement.  He lords it over Gossy that he gets to go up there and she doesn't.  He dangles toys off the side, then when she comes running to play, he pulls them up onto the King Bed, and I swear he 'smiles' at her. 
 ::)