Author Topic: Midnight snack  (Read 8130 times)

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Midnight snack
« on: June 09, 2005, 09:01:43 am »
Rocco, my good dog, who has always been good about not chewing things up, woke me up the other night.
He was chewing my cell phone charger cord.  This is his second offense at the same item.  I hate replacing the charger 1) they are expensive and I am cheap 2) I always forget to do it the next day and my phone end up dead for a couple days 3)I am cheap.

He never chews the other cords or the random assortment of shoes on the closet floor.  I know he is a dirty sock, underwear, bra bandit so I have moved those.  But really, I can't exactly move the plug in the wall so my phone charger cord is out of reach.

What are some of the weirdest things your dogs have targeted as their favorite snack (beyond poop, vomit, people food)  ??? ??? ???
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Midnight snack
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 09:52:34 am »
Greek
LOL Judge went through a stage of chewing wood. My head board, coffee table, dinning table chairs.UHHHH any toy that is wood. It was crazy for a while. He just chews sticks outside now. I dont know how his tummy held up to all the wood though.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 09:57:21 am »
They do eat the strangest things.  Lady and Grace love the wood chips in the garden and sticks.  And lots of other non doggish things.
Grace tried to eat a toad last night.  Lady tried to eat the same toad and got scared when it started jumpping around.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 12:18:13 pm »
I came home one day and the paws on my collie mix, Oasis, were all red. I started freaking out and ran over to him to find out where he was bleeding only to discover he had just devoured a tube of bright red lipstick!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 12:29:09 pm »
When Rocco was a puppy, we were going to the park in my boyfriend at the times car.  Rocco was in the back and all the sudden I heard a muffled pop and Rocco yelped.  Rocco had gotten a hold of a cigarette lighter and bit it in half.  My panicked self called poison control and they told me there wasn't enough toxins in the lighter to hurt him.  Rocco was just a little scared with a bad taste in his mouth.

Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 12:29:26 pm »
That's an odd place to wear lipstick. :)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 12:30:53 pm »
I came home one day and the paws on my collie mix, Oasis, were all red. I started freaking out and ran over to him to find out where he was bleeding only to discover he had just devoured a tube of bright red lipstick!!

Too funny!  We used to have a cockatoo where I worked and the feathers  on his head were always bright red with lipstick from us kissing him.

Ranger went through a very brief stage where he kept having a go at the coffee table legs, but grew out of it.  He did once proudly trot into the living room with a full bag of bread he had nabbed from the kitchen counter, and settle in to have a nice chew right in front of us, before we stopped him.

Cabo was always super good about not chewing things, but one night he just let all his inhibitions run wild and took out 5 pairs of underwear.  Look at this face, does he look like a panty chewer?   ;D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 12:35:56 pm »
Bear ate the baseboards in the kitchen in the our first apartment and has gone into our closet when we are gone and has taken out MY toys to play with and snuggle with, as if he doesn't have enough to of his own.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 12:37:20 pm »
umm.. what kind of toys do you hide in your closet???
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

nickerbokker

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 12:39:20 pm »
i hope its not the kind i have in MY closet

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 12:39:31 pm »
Baaahhhh Haaaa Haaaa.  Oh man...that was a little funny.   ;D

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 12:40:33 pm »
Nothing bad...like MY teddy bears that I have had forever that hubby won't let me have out in the house. The are hiding in the closet for senitmental reasons and nothing more, yet Bear feels what is mine is his. Go figure huh?
Hugs,
Jaime

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2005, 12:42:28 pm »
Well ... Me casa es su casa.  They teach them that in doggy school.  But what's their's in NOT ours.  Heavens No!  Mine Mine Mine Mine.  :) 

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2005, 12:49:51 pm »
That makes me think of my most embarrassing dog moment: Oasis was only about a year old and I was just out of college. I had a house off campus and had a bunch of friends over. We were just sitting around on the floor shooting the breeze and Oasis was soaking up all the attention. All of a sudden he went into another room, came back into the living room, and dropped a used pad rolled up in toilet paper into my male friend's lap and looked up at him expectantly with a big, proud smile on his face.

I screamed and grabbed it out of my friend's lap and ran, horrified, into the bathroom to throw it away and shut the door tightly!!

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2005, 01:06:52 pm »
That is sooo crazy! I'm sure you were mortified by that!!! I hope it wasn't anyone you were interested in or dating at the time.
Hugs,
Jaime