Author Topic: should I take Annie  (Read 11091 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: should I take Annie
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 05:13:09 pm »
bump...I wonder why he didn't return navarre's calls?...I hope she can get Annie out of there! :(

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 05:58:41 pm »
Any up-dates? Dido on everyones cheers...i hope she gets out of that shelter soon!!! Not to be a brat, but someone said "danes don't do well in shelters", well, no dog (or cat for that matter) can do WELL in a shelter. I cry everytime i walk in (or drive by) my shelter! gosh i'm a sap!

Leah

P.S. pics are needed as soon as she gets home!
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2006, 06:17:19 pm »
Not to be a brat, but someone said "danes don't do well in shelters", well, no dog (or cat for that matter) can do WELL in a shelter. I cry everytime i walk in (or drive by) my shelter! gosh i'm a sap!

That would be me. 
 :'( :'( :'(
I hope you are not suggesting that I am in any way insensitive to shelter animals of any kind. Maybe I am taking it the wrong way, but that comment hurt me. :'(

Offline cataria

• Ankle Biter
  • Shade and Bella
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2006, 08:02:55 pm »
I'm Heatherton's Mom.  I called Heatherton early this morning (she just loves those early morning wakeup calls from her Mom ...heheheheheh e), and she hadn't heard anything from the guy.  I don't know if she's read the posts today or not.  I called and left a message on her answering machine.  I'm sure she's at work (she's in Mobile and I'm in Montgomery, Alabama).
"If unicorns and Pegasus exist only in the minds of children and dreamers, then I am honored to be among the ranks of the childish believer; for where my childhood dreams do die, there too my soul shall whither…" (Sue Lay - copyright 2002)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2006, 08:30:17 pm »
I'm Heatherton's Mom.  I called Heatherton early this morning (she just loves those early morning wakeup calls from her Mom ...heheheheheh e), and she hadn't heard anything from the guy.  I don't know if she's read the posts today or not.  I called and left a message on her answering machine.  I'm sure she's at work (she's in Mobile and I'm in Montgomery, Alabama).

Thanks for posting. I am assuming that the Annie's (former) owner is not going to be involved anymore, since Annie has officially been surrendered to the shelter. :-[

I can help Heatherton with Annie if she still wants to foster her, I can help with transport. I wouldn't be able to go too far but if it would help knock an hour or two off the drive I'm sure that would be better than nothing. The shelter is about 30 minutes from me.

Offline cataria

• Ankle Biter
  • Shade and Bella
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 09:01:16 pm »
I'm sure that Heatherton will check the board when she gets home.  I've left her a message and will call her in the morning. 
"If unicorns and Pegasus exist only in the minds of children and dreamers, then I am honored to be among the ranks of the childish believer; for where my childhood dreams do die, there too my soul shall whither…" (Sue Lay - copyright 2002)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 10:30:08 pm »
I'm here, I'm here!!!  Had to work a double today, just got home.  I did call the shelter today right before 5.  They said that they do not have her and that she is going to a rescue group in the morning.  I told the lady from the HS that I had called the owner and he never returned my calls, she didn't understand that either.  But apparently she's going to a Dane rescue.  I can't afford what they would charge to adopt her out, but if they need me to foster her I will.  I just don't know where she went.  One of my friends at work said "well, maybe she just wasn't meant to be your dog!"  That's possible.  Anyway, thanks for everyone's input it was greatly appreciated... ..not the early morning calls that my mom insists upon, but everyone's input :D
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2006, 10:34:12 pm »
I'm here, I'm here!!!  Had to work a double today, just got home.  I did call the shelter today right before 5.  They said that they do not have her and that she is going to a rescue group in the morning.  I told the lady from the HS that I had called the owner and he never returned my calls, she didn't understand that either.  But apparently she's going to a Dane rescue.  I can't afford what they would charge to adopt her out, but if they need me to foster her I will.  I just don't know where she went.  One of my friends at work said "well, maybe she just wasn't meant to be your dog!"  That's possible.  Anyway, thanks for everyone's input it was greatly appreciated... ..not the early morning calls that my mom insists upon, but everyone's input :D

Wow! That is crazy news! I wonder what rescue group is taking her? It sure isn't the one I work with! Regardless I am so glad she doesn't have to stay there long!!!

Thanks for being willing to help out a pooch in need, Heatherton!!! :)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2006, 10:42:24 pm »
Not a problem!!  I told the lady at the HS I was so relieved she didn't have to stay there!!  She said I totally understand.  What exactly is the difference when they go to a rescue rather than the HS?  Is a rescue someone's house?
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2006, 10:53:45 pm »
Not a problem!!  I told the lady at the HS I was so relieved she didn't have to stay there!!  She said I totally understand.  What exactly is the difference when they go to a rescue rather than the HS?  Is a rescue someone's house?

Yes, when a dog is "in rescue" that generally means they are fostering at someone's house. So the atmosphere is much cozier. Also in a foster home the dog receives one-on-one attention. The humane society on the other hand keeps dogs in cages and kennels, sometimes with multiple dogs together, and they usually don't get taken outside unless there are volunteers handy. It can be extremely stressful for dogs.
The shelter director at that humane society told me that they would have a very hard time taking care of a dog like Annie who needed medication daily, so it's a good thing she is going into rescue! Whew! :)