Author Topic: Just one litter **warning...very sad**  (Read 8690 times)

Offline BlackGreatF

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Just one litter **warning...very sad**
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 01:00:51 pm »
I am so with you there... I didn't know they would do that to the babies :'( .

Well, you all are not going to believe what I just did ;D

I sent that link out to all of the members of parlament in my province, and to two news stations, asking them to somehow get this video out to the public to watch.

Whew, definitly took awhile to do that... I hope the parlament mafia wont come to my how to bomb me  :o , or smash my computer :-[

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2006, 01:13:56 pm »
OMG! I cant take it..that was the saddest thing I have ever seen in my life. Im at work bawling my eyes out..the way they just toss them in the back of trucks and drag them across the floor like they are nothing just makes me sad and REALLY REALLY pissed off at the same time. I dont know what else to say. Gus is getting lots of loving when I get home.

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2006, 03:00:18 pm »
What really got to me was if they were animal lovers they would have atleast showed them some affection before hand.  The dragging and throwing, I am going to hug my babies now. Definitely my next dog will be from a shelter or rescue group.

Offline BellaRoosMom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2006, 03:54:55 am »
You all may think I'm totally psycho...but I showed this to my son (almost 14), and he cried and cried, much like I did.  We talked about why they "do that" to the puppies, dogs, and kitties.  He understands why they're in both kill and no kill shelters, and how people who irresponsibly, or even wrecklessly allow their animals to breed just for the sake of "one litter" or "accidents" help create this enormous dilemma.  We also talked about how these people can't possibly guarantee their pups or kitties are given/sold to a good home, (or possibly don't even care).  Geesh, we talked for an hour.  Almost done crying...I asked him what he thinks we could do to help.  He didn't have an answer.  So, I'm thinking that most of us feel that way, like we don't have options or we can't do anything.  Maybe we could start a thread about ways we can individually help.  Am I thinking to large, or am I being naive again???  Ah, by "help" I mean -- find a way to educate people who aren't aware (like I was before I watched this video) that their little ones will some day wind up on one of those tables being cuddled for the last time. 

Offline BlackGreatF

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2006, 05:16:19 am »
I think we should e-mail our governments this video, and tell them since that got specificate breed bans as a law. then why can't they have a law the there should be no more breeding, backyard, accidents, etc.  And only allow Authorised breeder from the Kennel Clubs.  People should be held responsible for breeding/accidents/making money.  If Kennel Club breeders are responsible, then the other lazy $h1ts too should be, or just don't have a pet.

What do you think guys?
E-mail our government to make it illegal to have accidents.
Spay and Neuter should be LAW! !
If they can make BSL (I hope that is the right abv.?) law, why not spay and Nueter!
What is your say!
What would you say/ e-mail the government?
That way all we have to do it Copy... then paste it in our e-mail, and send a massive e-mail.
Send an e-mail to the persons responsible for the BSL bann.

I think I will start a new thread on this question.

Offline mixedupdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2006, 02:23:35 am »
OMG! I cant take it..that was the saddest thing I have ever seen in my life. Im at work bawling my eyes out..the way they just toss them in the back of trucks and drag them across the floor like they are nothing just makes me sad and REALLY REALLY pissed off at the same time. I dont know what else to say. Gus is getting lots of loving when I get home.

Don't blame the shelter workers for "treating them like they are nothing" they have to, or they wouldn't be able to get up and go to work the next day. I've stood in dead dogs up to my knees, dogs I killed myself. I couldn't take all of them home, and there was no place else for them to go. You have to distance yourself from it, or it will kill you. Shelter workers and ACOs burn out really fast anyway, it's like trying to bail the ocean with a paper cup, not enough people listen. Too many insist that it's "other people's puppies" that end up like that, but their Poopsie Woopsie is so sweet that even if she's only pet bred the pups that she and the dog down the street have will of course never end up like that. The best you can do is each and every one who cares has to step up to the plate and send out videos like that to everyone, to speak out everywhere-give to spay and neuter programs til it hurts, and then give a little more. Volunteer at the shelter. And oh, next time you see the Animal Control truck, or visit the local shelter, stop and THANK those of us who are toiling in the trenches, make sure they know you understand and appreciate the job they do- it might make the good ones who really care able to get through another day.

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2006, 09:46:23 am »
Don't blame the shelter workers for "treating them like they are nothing" they have to, or they wouldn't be able to get up and go to work the next day. I've stood in dead dogs up to my knees, dogs I killed myself. I couldn't take all of them home, and there was no place else for them to go. You have to distance yourself from it, or it will kill you. Shelter workers and ACOs burn out really fast anyway, it's like trying to bail the ocean with a paper cup, not enough people listen. Too many insist that it's "other people's puppies" that end up like that, but their Poopsie Woopsie is so sweet that even if she's only pet bred the pups that she and the dog down the street have will of course never end up like that. The best you can do is each and every one who cares has to step up to the plate and send out videos like that to everyone, to speak out everywhere-give to spay and neuter programs til it hurts, and then give a little more. Volunteer at the shelter. And oh, next time you see the Animal Control truck, or visit the local shelter, stop and THANK those of us who are toiling in the trenches, make sure they know you understand and appreciate the job they do- it might make the good ones who really care able to get through another day.

I agree, I work at the shelter too and while I don't do euthanisia I do see these animals brought to the freezer. The first 5 or so times I worked there I cried when I came home, it hurt me so much, but I slowly learned to live with it. It's probably one of the most heart breaking jobs in the world.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2006, 05:02:15 am »
Ok, I am really not supposed to cry at work, so I couldn't watch the whole thing.  I guess I better look at Petfinder again, in case there is a dog out there that needs to come home with me.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • When There's A Will, There's A Way
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2006, 03:13:02 pm »
I've seen this before, and it is such a sad video :(  Having previously worked at a shelter, I, too have first hand experience in the result of idiots who don't spay/neuter for one reason or another. 

Thankfully, I didn't have to help with the actual euthanasia part but a couple of times, but when I did, I made sure the animals that weren't wild or vicious were petted and hugged until the end.  The aftermath of a mass euthanasia is unreal-something I won't ever forget. :'(
Emily and the gang