Author Topic: Am i the only one????  (Read 8006 times)

Offline chbran12

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Am i the only one????
« on: June 09, 2005, 06:31:31 pm »
Okay here's a question for all you big dog lovers out there. Im the proud owner of a 4 1/2 year old fawn Old English mastiff. I rescued him 3 years ago and ever since have not been able to break him totally of one thing......fac e licking LOL(and overwhelming face licking at that) The thing is i dont really want to break him of it....I thrive on the affection and look forward to coming home from work every day and getting bombared with licks. Not that that is the only time he does this.....OOOOH HH NOOO  LOL. Anyways im probably seen as kind of an oddball for not minding if not almost enjoying this behavior even though it sometimes means an extra hop in the shower LOL......anyon e else feel the way i do about this???

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Am i the only one????
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 08:22:22 pm »
are you kidding??? I love when my dog licks my face. I have always loved having dogs lick me. Since I was a kid. It has always made me feel so loved, and I have always been a person who felt that dogs were my best friends, better than my human friends. I don't think it's strange at all that you let your mastiff lick you! I know some people think it's unsanitary but I have never gotten worms or anything that I know of. Hehehe.  :D

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 08:37:43 pm »
Samson hardly ever does that...He is a Great Pyrenees & they are somewhat aloof dogs...Once in awhile though I get the "MOM I am SO happy you're home"!! jump up on ya' & face lick.

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 08:44:09 pm »
This is such a great post.
If you would have asked me 2 years ago if I liked Doggie kisses I would have said "NO!!" Today though I really enjoy the kisses I get from Judge. Other dogs?? Im not to fond of that.  ;)
Gypsy
I love your new picture. He is laughing at us. LOL
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 08:47:27 pm »
Ty Coonie!...He is wearing a black biker vest & Easy Riders head scarf though it's hard to see...I was laughing at him too...lol!

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 08:48:14 pm »
How can you not like affection?Thats how dogs show it,thats what they know.If someone doesnt like it then maybe you should say,"well would you like him to bite you instead?"

Offline maggieb

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 04:04:42 pm »
I've always HATED that feeling (including sloppy boyfriend kisses).  But I love how affectionate Cooper is.  My old Lab is soooo standoffish- always has been.  My husband was commenting the other day about how far I've come with the mess and slobber since we got Cooper.  I'm pretty amazed as well. He's been a wonderful addition to our family.
Maggie

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2005, 04:18:01 pm »
hehehe! I do NOT like doggie kisses...AT ALL. Cabeza NEVER EVER EVER EVER kisses me..or anyone else. I think like, one time he licked the back of my arm, and the look on his face was hilarious..he was like, "Did I just do that?" hahahah! (I've never scolded him for licking, he just doesn't do it.) I'm sure that I'll change my mind about doggie kisses if I have a licky dog. (Its hard to hate affection from something you love!)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005, 04:18:11 pm »
A little kissing from Bear is fine but I still don't like it that much. Hopefully I will be able to get over it soon!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

nickerbokker

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2005, 04:19:08 pm »
lol...were my dogs too much jaba

Nicole

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2005, 04:19:24 pm »
Yay! I'm glad you admitted it, too, Jaimie!!!! I was afraid everyone was going to run me out on a rail! hahahha!

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2005, 04:29:03 pm »
No problem Nicole! I am glad that someone else feels like I do.  ;)
Hugs,
Jaime

Nicole

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2005, 04:34:16 pm »
hehehe! I'm sure I'll change my mind when I get my Landseer baby, though. (I hope!)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2005, 04:37:14 pm »
Oh, puppy breath kisses are the best!  

I don't mind the licking - I like it!  I am way too anthropomorphi c and have decided that the licking means they love me.  Ranger likes to trap your hand with his big sharp shiv paws and try to "love" the skin right off it!
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2005, 04:37:38 pm »
Have you decided when you are getting the little Landseer yet? I can't wait to see pics of the new baby. SO exciting!
Hugs,
Jaime