Author Topic: Review of the Cooler Bed  (Read 3514 times)

Yaz

Review of the Cooler Bed
« on: June 08, 2005, 03:03:40 pm »
Well, the cooler bed we ordered came a couple of days ago and as promised, I'm posting my review:

The testing of the bed could not have come at a better time - we are having hot, humid weather here in Ontario. It's the kind of weather that makes it impossible for your dog to go for a walk during the day due to the heat and smog that wraps around you like a blanket. Guinness has been pretty uncomfortable during the past few days - not being able to settle to long on the hardwood or tile before it becomes warm from his body heat. We put the cooler bed together (filling it with about 40 cups of water, smoothing out the air and wrinkles and leaving it to cool). The instruction booklet showed the correct and incorrect way the bed should look after you've filled it and ours looks closer to the incorrect way :-\. But I slipped the cover on the bed and popped it in Guinness's crate so he'd have no choice but to try it out. And the verdict?.....SUCCESS! He's been sleeping peacefully for the past hour and a half and only moved once and most importantly - NO PANTING! (I've attached a pic of the happy sleeping pup). I'm very impressed thus far - I'll post again in a couple of weeks to let you know if the bed continues to work.

Cheers;

Yaz

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Review of the Cooler Bed
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 03:13:15 pm »
Great news!  Watch it though as Guiness gets bigger.  We had one for our Newf (about 150 pounds) and it lasted for about two months before it popped.  He LOVED it but the rug was soaked (understatement here! ;D).  The pet store returned the money for the bed but we had to pay to have the carpet taken care of!

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 06:16:21 pm »
Good to know...I've been considering trying one out for Cabeza. He's SOOOOOOOOOO miserable right now..we've had a week of 90 degree days!!!! HOT HOT HOT!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 04:48:02 pm »
The cool pads from "The Company of Dogs" work great!  They have a gel thingy inside that you soak in water and it stays cool for 4 - 5 days.  They also have belly pads you can velcro on them, scarves, etc.  We already have them soaked and down for Cowboy and Chester.  They love them!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 10:51:14 am »
Good deal!  I think I may have to get one for Ranger.  It is SUPER hot here...been in the lower 90s for the past week and a half, and since I'm in the Southern U.S., it is HUMID too! 

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 02:01:44 pm »
That is the cooler pad thing that I want. Thanks for the info. nwflvr.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

nickerbokker

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 02:05:36 pm »
I HAVE TWO COOLER BEDS ON THE WAY!

GRANDMA JUST CALLED ME AND SHE GOT THEM FOR HER GRANDSONS LOL........the y are the first grandkids...sh e likes to spoil them LOL

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 02:29:47 pm »
I am soooo jealous. Can she be Bear's step-grandma too?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

nickerbokker

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 02:33:31 pm »
if she saw him she would be!