Author Topic: bleeding nose  (Read 2558 times)

Offline kate.jardine

• Ankle Biter
  • DAKOTA
    • View Profile
bleeding nose
« on: July 25, 2006, 01:48:25 pm »
 :(Hi everyone its been a while since i last chatted anyway I got a bit of a fright today i was walking my Dakota and when i looked down at him as i always do,he had blood dripping from one of his nosrils.It looked a lot worse than it was because it had been dripping in his mouth and looked like his mouth was bleeding as well fortunately it wasnt.Has anybody any ideas as to what could have caused this it wasnt bleeding for long.I was wondering,we have been having a very hot summer so far and i thought maybe it could be heat related.I just hope this is a one off and doesnt happen again.Also i had him at the vet on saturday andhe has dermatitis on his neck.
KATHLEEN ANN JARDINE

Offline kate.jardine

• Ankle Biter
  • DAKOTA
    • View Profile
Re: bleeding nose
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 02:04:26 pm »
The blood was definately coming from his nostril and Im positive he wasnt stung or cut on the nose.
KATHLEEN ANN JARDINE

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 05:57:15 pm »
It might just be the weather - some people are prone to bloody noses in extreme temperatures (summer/winter), so that might be the case for Dakota. But if it happens again, I would definately take him to the vet.

Not to scare you, but one of our family's dogs recently had re-occuring bloody noses. His regular vet couldn't figure out what was wrong with him so they took him to the teaching animal hospital. Turned out that he had a fungus eating away the lining of his nose  :o and needed surgery to correct it
RIP former BPO

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 06:16:10 pm »
That happened with a springer spaniel we had years ago and it turned out that he had inhaled a fox tail...and it was wedged in his nostril.  A quick trip to the vet and it was out!

Offline kate.jardine

• Ankle Biter
  • DAKOTA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 01:17:13 am »
thanks all.I think i will see how he is today and if it happens again its the vet.
KATHLEEN ANN JARDINE