Author Topic: Pyr pup in IA  (Read 13631 times)

Kiahpyr

Re: Pyr pup in IA
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2006, 10:53:11 am »
Here's the article link...

http://www.sonic.net/~cdlcruz/GPCC/library/anesthes.htm

I can't wait to meet her!!!!

Anakalia

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2006, 11:10:52 am »
YAY!!!!  I'm so happy for you and your family!!  I can't wait to see some new pics of her, she's just a doll!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2006, 11:37:57 am »
Thanks for the link, April!...I just got off the phone with Jackie...I decided she'd find out sooner or later anyway...lol!...She said that Sheba is just beautiful!...Randy says I can still have my "little bitty fur seal looking" Tanimara Great Pyrenees little girl from Jackie somewhere down the road so everyone is happy here!!

We will pick her up next thursday & we are STOKED!!! ;D

SA_horses

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2006, 11:39:13 am »
Congrats!  :)  I'm sure that Thurday cannot come soon enough for you.  ;)

Sofia

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2006, 12:06:38 pm »
YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you!!! Oh my gosh, you have no idea how excited I am for you! I told my mom first thing when she came home, she was happy for you too. Yay!!! What will you name her?! I'm so happy!!! This was Zoey's happy face when I told her you were getting Sheba! And this was Dolly's. Oh well! I'm stil so happy for you!
I can tell you are excited for us!...Ty!...That really makes me smile!...Zoey does look pretty happy for us...Dolly just looks like she wants a cookie :D!...lol!
Thanks everyone for your enthusiasm...Y ou guys are good people & I love ya's!! :-*

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2006, 12:09:03 pm »
You know why the director's bending the rules for you, don't you??

It's 'cause Rosie psychically BIT her for giving you the runaround before!  ;D  She wants you and the boys to have Sheba for a sister too! 

I'm going to dance the happy dance for you.  :-*  :-*
Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2006, 01:21:40 pm »
This is a little off topic , but may I ask what the issues are with Pyrs and anesthesia ?
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2006, 01:46:55 pm »
I could be completely wrong but I think Pyrs have the same issue with anesthesia that Malinois do.  Malinois can have adverse reactions to the anesthesia and it usually takes less to knock them down than other dog breeds.  But that may not be right and I could be thinking of another breed.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2006, 01:57:47 pm »
I could be completely wrong but I think Pyrs have the same issue with anesthesia that Malinois do.  Malinois can have adverse reactions to the anesthesia and it usually takes less to knock them down than other dog breeds.  But that may not be right and I could be thinking of another breed.
That is right...I believe it is due to their very slow metabolism.

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2006, 02:27:59 pm »
Oh , okay . Thankyou ! When I had my pyr girl ( it was only a short 4 months  :'( ) she had already been spayed so I never heard of that .
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2006, 02:48:01 pm »
Woo Hoo!!!  YAY, YAY, YAY!!  I'm so glad you're going to get her!!  Good for ya'll!!  I'm not familiar with naming.  Is there a sur-name or anything that you have to use??  It has to be regal...you know...Queen Sheba!! :D
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2006, 10:44:57 am »
Wait a minute!  I'm gone for a day and all this happens!  Is this really happening?  What's new?  I need details!
Daphne

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2006, 12:44:27 pm »
Wait a minute!  I'm gone for a day and all this happens!  Is this really happening?  What's new?  I need details!
Daphne, SEE what happens when you are away?...lol!...Long story short...if that is possible...lol!...April deviously posts on the rescue forum that there is a Pyr pup in a shelter in IA FULL well knowing that I am going to see PYR & IOWA right away! (She claims she did not do this with me in mind...I DO NOT believe her! :P :D) ...My hubby & I are sitting here & we'd JUST been talking about how much we miss our girlie dog...I mean not 5 minutes before I see the thread so we click...& OMG!!!!!!!!!!...There is Sheba who fits ALL the criteria I have for ever taking in a rescue dog again...We, of coarse are all over it!...E-mailed the shelter that night.
Yesterday I call & am met with we can't hold her for you...can't take a credit card over the phone etc..etc...She is around 5 hrs. away mind you & isn't going to be fixed until Monday...So, I ask the shelter director if she knows anything about Pyrs or LGD's in general & I go on to explain that even if we can't have her what she NEEDS to look for & look out for in a potential adopter...Now she is listening...I explain that if the wrong person ends up with her & is not prepared for her "butthead stage" (& it will come) she will probably end back up at the shelter but guess what, "now you have a dog with issues & baggage & we are no longer a potential home for her"...So the director says, "can you get a vet reference faxed today" & I assure her it is no problem & call my vet who faxes her...She then calls me back & asks where they can fax an application for adoption & I tell her "to my vet"...I run down there..fill out the app. & my vet faxes it back for me & I come home...about a 3 minute drive.
Not 5 minutes later my phone rings & it is the shelter director saying, "I am going to bend the rules for you & I hope I don't get burned" & tells me we can have Sheba to be picked up Thursday which is Pyrfect because my hubby gets home Wed. each week!
Sheba's papered & was bred in Oak Groves MO but "picked up" by her owners in Kansas City MO...I will get the breeder's name & the previous owners info. when I get her Thursday....& we get her papers too which I was surprised about...I didn't think shelters could pass them on...So, that's the story & I am going to ask that you not be away that long again...Who knows what I might do next? :P :D :D :D

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2006, 12:54:09 pm »
Oh, my!  That is SOOOOOOOO awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Can't wait to see a bazillion pics and hear all the stories!!  We have to wait until Thurs????  How on earth will we all survive until then?  Everyone will have to post a pile of pics between now and then to keep us preoccupied.
Daphne

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2006, 12:59:03 pm »
Oh, my!  That is SOOOOOOOO awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Can't wait to see a bazillion pics and hear all the stories!!  We have to wait until Thurs????  How on earth will we all survive until then?  Everyone will have to post a pile of pics between now and then to keep us preoccupied.
Did you see the Petfinder pics?...If not here are 2 out of the 3 they had of her: ;D & oh, after Thursday you will be sick of seeing her...You know I'm good for pics if nothing else! :D