Author Topic: Sad news  (Read 3261 times)

Offline My Friend Joey

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kuvasz/Pyr
    • View Profile
Sad news
« on: July 28, 2006, 09:50:32 am »
 :'( I live in the country and the big beautiful Great Pyr down the road from me, named Belle, died. She had the most beautiful face and was the biggest (big dog), I had ever experieced knowing before Joey. She would have been eight years old in a few days. Apparently she had had a stroke previously and had never quite recovered. She lived a full life tending sheep and watching over the wild turkeys and anything else she could protect. I will miss her low booming bark, and Joey and her greeting each other when I pass by my neighbors house, (even though she knew Joey was a goofy pup.) Belle would always try and nudge in for a pat when Joey's attention was on something else...too cute.) We will miss you Belle. Our road feels kind of empty now...
Georgi
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~Unknown

doggylover

Re: Sad news
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 09:52:18 am »
Aw, how sweet of you to memorialize her here!  Now all of us will know how wonderful she was, and what a full life she had!   :)

Offline My Friend Joey

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kuvasz/Pyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 07:28:30 pm »
...thanks, you're very kind,
Georgi
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~Unknown

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 01:57:59 am »
I love the stories of how other people fur-babies add to our life.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 04:59:45 am »
God Speed Belle!...I have two very special LGD girls waiting on me at The Bridge...Keep them company until I arrive..won't you?
How kind of you to share Belle with us...I am sure she will be missed & remembered fondly. :'(

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 10:33:11 am »
Pyrs kind of have that impact.  There is a huge hole when one is gone.  Sorry to hear about the loss!  She sounds like she was an awesome example of the breed. 
Daphne

Offline My Friend Joey

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kuvasz/Pyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 03:07:43 pm »
  :( Thank you for your kindness and empathy. She really has left an awful hole. I feel it every time I walk by our neighbors house to take Joey for a walk...Joey looks for her too :'( I guess we have to be gracious about our pets (and other people's pets ), leaving us, but it's so hard. It makes me appreciate my dog even more. Thank you.