Author Topic: Proof of My Mid-Life Crisis  (Read 2265 times)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Proof of My Mid-Life Crisis
« on: July 29, 2006, 11:14:23 am »
Hi all,

As I have stated before, I am still around - just not very much.  One of these days I will get a better internet connection and then I will be back in chat and bugging you all on a daily basis!

Just thought I would stop in and share a picture of what I did to myself on my 40th birthday...  I finally got up the courage to get the tattoo that I have wanted for so long.  I carried this design around me literally for YEARS trying to get brave enough to do it.  It is a design done in the '30's by a tattoo artist named Cap Coleman, slightly modified.  I have always just loved the colors and shading in the picture...  This is from the day I got it, and it isn't the best picture, but you get the idea.

Since so many of you have been kind enough to share your tattoo pictures in the past, I thought I would reciprocate.  Oh, and for those of you who do not have a tattoo and were wondering - yes, it hurt like h*ll.  But at least I didn't embarass myself by crying or wetting myself like I thought I might!   :D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline BlackGreatF

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Proof of My Mid-Life Crisis
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 11:24:16 am »
[b]OMG that is really nice... where on your body is it?

Oh, we are going to show tattoo's... ok, here is mine.
Not too sure you can see them.
[/b]

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 11:26:42 am »
[b]OMG that is really nice... where on your body is it?

Oh, we are going to show tattoo's... ok, here is mine.
Not too sure you can see them.
[/b]

It's on my leg - fortunately I have a job where they are ok with it.  My fiance has several tattoos on one arm and after working at his job for over a year they have decided that tattoos now need to be covered!
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline BlackGreatF

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 11:28:23 am »
Of course...  :-\
I guess the newbies in his company felt threatened.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 12:37:08 pm »
Very cool colors, pretty.  I have a purple unicorn on my ankle and I've been debating on what I want next.  It's funny, the other day I thought of getting a paw print on the top of my foot!!! :D
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

doggylover

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 12:46:26 pm »
I have a good size scar on my leg that I call my 'love tattoo' from the muffler of David's motorcycle on our first date.  Does that count?  I almost can't look at a tattoo without cringing at the thought of the pain involved.  I think they are pretty, but I don't do pain.  At all.  I don't do it at all!

Best tattoo one liner:  'Friends'
Phoebe chickens out on getting her tat, shocked that they put them on with a NEEDLE, after having talked Rachel into getting one.  Rachel's reply,
"No, really, a NEEDLE?  Mine was licked on by kittens!"

OK those might not be the exact words but I saw it like 6 years ago, you get the idea!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 12:52:08 pm »
Great tat Marsi...The ink looks great!...I have 4...All but one dedicated to my hubby & kids...My back looks like a billboard for the Kay family! :D

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 01:49:51 pm »
Your tattoo is beautiful, Marsi! Congratulation s! If you're like most people, you're going to start planning your next tattoo very soon. They are addictive. I got my first tattoo in 1993 - a lizard on my shoulder and finally got another one a few months ago - kind of a charm bracelet on my arm. I'm already planning my next one - a tribute to my friend Tracy.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

GR8DAME

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 01:51:14 am »
Happy belated birthday, Marsi.
Mid-life crisis are fun, aren't they. I had my first at 40, and bought a motorcycle. My second was when I turned 43 and resulted in this tat in May of this year.

I don't know about getting more...I do not do pain well either, LOL.
Stella