Author Topic: hello i am new and have a question  (Read 6278 times)

Lyn

Re: hello i am new and have a question
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 11:00:40 am »
We had, (I say had because it hasen't happened in awhile) a similar problem with our baby Lola. She was peeing HUGE amounts. I don't know if she was denied water before we got her or what. But she drinks until the bowl is empty and then throws it up, then goes back for more water. We use a huge 2 pound ice cream bucket for water, so it's no small bowl. Well she would sit and litterally pee on herself like she didn't know she was going.

We went to the vet because I was sure she had a UTI but the urine test just showed very dilute urine. My vet told me to restrict her water. Not DENY her water but monitor how much she was getting at one time.

So I put one cup of water in her bowl every hour and she gets ice cubes in between. She still pees alot (outside thank goodness, lol) but it's really helped her control it. I'm slowly increasing the amount of water I put in her dish but she's still determined that she isn't leaving any in her bowl. Bubba did the same thing when he was a pup (drinking alot and peeing a ton) but I can't remember how old he was when he finally quit drinking like it was his last. For some reason 10-11 months old comes to mind.  :-\

Jazmine is gorgeous by the way! ;D More pics please! :D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 11:03:16 am by Lyn »