Author Topic: Sheba gets spayed today....  (Read 20852 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Sheba gets spayed today....
« on: July 31, 2006, 04:32:30 am »
K...I'm always like "it's just routine...no need to panic" on the surface but yup, I'm nervous as heck!!!
That is compounded because Pyrs are extra sensitive to anesthesia & I am not taking her & it's not my vet. :-\ ...I did send the director of the shelter an article on Anesthesia with Great Pyrs & she said she would print it out & take it to the vet & discuss my concerns with him but I can't wait to get the e-mail saying she is back at the shelter & o.k.!
Can you guys send some good thoughts or prayers Sheba's way today please?...I really would appreciate it & I do believe in the prayer power of BPO!!
I will let ya's know when she is back safe & sound at the shelter...WE GET HER IN 3 MORE DAYS & I AM REALLY REALLY GETTING EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Re: Sheba gets spayed today....
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 04:41:02 am »
Goodness, she's adorable!  I will definitely pray for you and her!  I've got ants in my pants too waiting with you!
Daphne

doggylover

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 04:53:33 am »
Gyps,
I don't KNOW that what I'm saying is true in this case, but I would bet that Prys being sensitive to anesthesia means that while with other breeds one in 500 reacts badly to anesthesia, in Prys, it's like one in 200 or something.  Technically your odds are two and half times greater of Sheba having a problem than a non Pry, so that is what people talk about, but really, the high odds are that NOTHING will go wrong. 
They do this to older women who want to get pregant.  "you're 40, you have 1000 times more chances of having a mentally retarded (or whatever condition is being exagerated) child than someone who is 20"
BTW for any BPO'rs on the board, if you are older and trying to conceive or you are pregnant and some insensitive tardlet says this to you, tell them that you have a 100 million times more chance of providing a stable healthy home than a 20 year old (it isn't statistically accurate but people don't usually care about that anyway)
;)
Sorry about the tangent, this happens when I'm tired.
Gyps, Sheba is adorable and she will be FINE!  You will be snuggling her and smooshing her face SOON!
 :D

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 05:07:20 am »
Sending you a hug and prayer up for Sheba.  I can not wait to see her with Sammy and Pippin.  The boys are going to be so very happy  ::) I bet she will take over in no time flat.

Lisa

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 05:17:07 am »
Thanks guys!...& Ronda, that did make me feel better...You're probably right! :) Thanks!

As far your "tangent" perfectly o.k.!...I don't mind at all when other things enter the conversationon my threads :)...That's what conversations are about!...& I love the comeback about the more stable home!!!...LOVE IT!!! ;D ;D
You're tired?...Isn't Gossy letting you sleep at night yet? ;D She is so adorable I am thinking that any sleep you lose over her is well worth it!! ;D

doggylover

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 05:20:29 am »
LOL Sheba looks a bit on the puppy side.  We can commiserate on the lack of sleep when she comes home!  (I can't really blame Gossy, I had insomnia before she got here).
:: waits for Miss Sheba::

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 05:44:28 am »
LOL Sheba looks a bit on the puppy side.  We can commiserate on the lack of sleep when she comes home!  (I can't really blame Gossy, I had insomnia before she got here).
:: waits for Miss Sheba::

Sheba will be a Pyrfect angel ;D & she will sleep all night & always potty outside & never ever chew things she shouldn't & be docile & sweet & smart & she will keep Sam & Pippin in line for me & pick up her toys & put them away when she is done & never ever ever drool or shed to an excess & she will always be obedient!!!! :D :D :D...LOL!...Well, a mom can dream can't she???...lol!
The insomnia...I go through that at times & it is he**!!...Most of the time I don't have trouble going to sleep...it's staying asleep...Right now I am sleeping fairly well at night...It seems to go in spurts...Have you had a sleep study done?...I hear they can help alot!!

doggylover

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 05:51:53 am »
Eh, no, it isn't physical.  It's all in my neurotic head. 
I am SURE Sheba will be as much of an angel as Gossy is...
GAH!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 06:19:39 am »
Sending positive vibes to Sheba! I'm sure she'll be just fine. She's going to be a bundle of love!!!

Anakalia

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 08:36:57 am »
Sending prayers and positive vibes your way!!  I'm getting really anxious,  I can hardly wait!  ;D

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 09:00:17 am »
Any word on Sheba?
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 12:20:38 pm »
Any word on Sheba?
I Just got an e-mail from the shelter director saying "Sheba is through her operation-I have other news to tell you-Please call me on my cell after 7" with her cell number...WHAT NEWS DAMNIT?????...I actually feel sick...What if it is bad news?...What if we can't have her for some reason?...I seriously feel like vomiting. :-\ :-\ :( ...& I can't call for 43 more minutes :-\ :-\ :-\ ...K guys...good thoughts...goo d thoughts...goo d thoughts sent my way please!!!!!!!!!

doggylover

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 12:24:04 pm »
Any word on Sheba?
I Just got an e-mail from the shelter director saying "Sheba is through her operation-I have other news to tell you-Please call me on my cell after 7" with her cell number...WHAT NEWS DAMNIT?????...I actually feel sick...What if it is bad news?...What if we can't have her for some reason?...I seriously feel like vomiting. :-\ :-\ :( ...& I can't call for 43 more minutes :-\ :-\ :-\ ...K guys...good thoughts...goo d thoughts...goo d thoughts sent my way please!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear.  You poor thing.  It's fine, I'm sure. 
 :'( :-\ ;)

Anakalia

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 12:27:46 pm »
Hun, it's ok, you only have about 30 min. left before you can call.  I truly hope everything's ok.  Now you have me wondering too, please let us know what the other news is!! 

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 12:28:37 pm »
Any word on Sheba?

Oh dear.  You poor thing.  It's fine, I'm sure. 
 :'( :-\ ;)
33 more minutes & ty for trying to comfort me...I appreciate it right now.