Author Topic: Sheba gets spayed today....  (Read 20851 times)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Sheba gets spayed today....
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 12:35:46 pm »
OH...I sure don't like those kind of messages.  Why can't they just say "don't worry, everything's fine...we just want to tell you what a good girl she is and she's waiting to come home!"?

Please let us know when you hear something.  Fingers and paws crossed that it's all good!! :-\

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 12:37:52 pm »
Sending lots of good thoughts your way about Sheba being spayed. And any word on what they wanted to tell you? I am so praying that there is nothing wrong or anything. If so, let me at them!!!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

doggylover

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2006, 01:29:08 pm »
Is it 7 there yet?  ::waits::

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2006, 01:52:50 pm »
Is it 7 there yet?  ::waits::

Sheba is fine...she's good...she sends her love!!! ;D....All is fine!...The director just wanted to tell me that she travels well & that she got to spend time with Sheba today & she "is the sweetest, friendliest, most layed back 5 month old puppy I've ever met"! ;D ;D ;D...Honestly though, I don't think that was the reason...She spent a bunch of time explaining her situation to me & apologizing for being short with me a couple of times...She said she started as director there 21 months ago &, though she is allowed vacation time & sick leave every year, she has been away from the shelter 3 days total...one of them being X-mas...The shelter had been run into the ground by the previous director & board of directors & she has gotten it back up to par but not without sacrifices to her own life & home situation..She is now in the process of getting ready for a 2 week vacation & is trying to make sure everyone can stand on their own there & keep things going correctly so, needless to say, she's been stressed...I felt bad for her & assured her I understand & that she probably gets calls often from people saying hold the dog I'll be there & then never shows up!
She also mentioned that Sheba is very sought after...She's had a ton of calls & e-mails & someone from S. Iowa even called her at home last night!...I told ehr when I origionally talked to her that Sheba would get snatched up if she wouldn't work with me there was now way Sheba would ever see my pack...Now she believes me...lol!
K...is it Thursday yet? :-\ ;D

Anakalia

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2006, 01:56:46 pm »
Oh, that is wonderful news!!  I was really worried, but I'm glad everythings fine and well and Sheba's coming home Thursday! YAY!!  All those calls for her and you are the lucky one to be bringing her home, I'm so super thrilled for you! ;D

Now I'm going to try to wait patiently for new pics of Sheba's homecoming! lol

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2006, 02:00:44 pm »
Oh, that is wonderful news!!  I was really worried, but I'm glad everythings fine and well and Sheba's coming home Thursday! YAY!!  All those calls for her and you are the lucky one to be bringing her home, I'm so super thrilled for you! ;D

Thanks Andi!...Ya' know, you can see all the pics you want to of Sheba & my boys here on BPO but you are like 40 minutes away...Why not come & see them in all their true fluffy glory?!! ;D Would THIS get you over here for a puppy play date?

Anakalia

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2006, 02:08:09 pm »

Thanks Andi!...Ya' know, you can see all the pics you want to of Sheba & my boys here on BPO but you are like 40 minutes away...Why not come & see them in all their true fluffy glory?!! ;D Would THIS get you over here for a puppy play date?

I KNOW!!  I just told Tony about you and your wonderful fluffy boys and new soon to be baby girl yesterday!  He LOVES Pyr's and had mentioned maybe taking a road trip soon to visit, but since he's been so busy lately I figured we'd wait until maybe September?  I'll sure let you know though we HAVE to get together soon, I don't know how much more of "just" pics I can take!  LOL

Offline Aner

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2006, 02:09:19 pm »
Thank god everything went well.  You had me worried.  Fortunately, I read the thread after the whole ordeal.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2006, 02:14:39 pm »

I KNOW!!  I just told Tony about you and your wonderful fluffy boys and new soon to be baby girl yesterday!  He LOVES Pyr's and had mentioned maybe taking a road trip soon to visit, but since he's been so busy lately I figured we'd wait until maybe September?  I'll sure let you know though we HAVE to get together soon, I don't know how much more of "just" pics I can take!  LOL

You know Andi I'm going to be at Chelle's in August. You should come then and meet both of us. Can you imagine 4 pyrs in one place?! I'm so excited!!!!! They'll be lots of pics of pyrs then! WOOHOO!!!

Oh Chelle I'm so happy for you that her news was so wonderful! So far Sheba sounds like Kiah. She was very laid back has a puppy and up until we got Kitana. You better watch out she could be little miss trouble! LOL!!!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2006, 02:24:51 pm »

You know Andi I'm going to be at Chelle's in August. You should come then and meet both of us. Can you imagine 4 pyrs in one place?! I'm so excited!!!!! They'll be lots of pics of pyrs then! WOOHOO!!!

Oh Chelle I'm so happy for you that her news was so wonderful! So far Sheba sounds like Kiah. She was very laid back has a puppy and up until we got Kitana. You better watch out she could be little miss trouble! LOL!!!
That would be too cool!...I can't promise I won't put knock out drops in your drinks & steal your dogs though! :D...I am sure I have room for Kiah, Kitana & Koby! ;D...B.t.w. Andi, I don't think I've mentioned lately to anyone outside of my house but Koby is freakin' GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I love his look & color!
K...anyway, April will be here Aug. 17 to the 18th...She is leaving around noon on the 18th I believe...If you can make it Andi, that'd be great!...If not Sept. is good too...It might even be better when it is cooler...My dogs spend a heck of alot of house time when it's hot out...They basically go out to potty & then are scratching at the door like sissies to get back in immediatly! :-\:D ...Does Koby handle the heat well?
I'm looking forward to seeing both you & April & your puppers...I am very excited! ;D

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2006, 02:38:57 pm »
I am SOOOOOO happy it was all great news!  I guess crossed paws work, huh!

Okay....it's almost Thursday, now, isn't it?? ;D

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2006, 02:46:37 pm »
Yeah!  Glad to hear it all worked out alright!  Thursday is coming soon  :o 
Daphne

Anakalia

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2006, 02:50:44 pm »
I don't think you should use knock out drops cause if you had Kiah, Kitana AND Koby you'd probably always get their names screwed up...too many K's. :P lol  See I couldn't even have a Sammy and Sheba cause I would always call them Shammy and Seba...I'm not good with names! hahhahaa 

I figure September would be great because it'll be cooler AND Tony would be able to come too!  He used to have a Pyr friend (his neighbors had a pyr) when he was a little boy and he LOVED that dog so much, he hasn't seen a pyr since and I think he'd really enjoy your babies company too.  His eyes lit up when I started talking about you so I think we'd all have a great time! 

OH to answer you question...NO Koby does not do well in this heat.  He goes outside for approx 1 min. 5 sec. to do his business then back inside he goes to lay by the fan! lol We usually take him outside around 7 or 8 so he can run and get at least a few minutes of excersize, but still he only lasts for about 5 min. then he's ready for the fan again.

OK I do beleive I hijacked your thread, sorry!!!  Let's get back to the important stuff....so how many hours til you get your fluffy baby?  ;D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2006, 03:09:45 pm »
I don't think you should use knock out drops cause if you had Kiah, Kitana AND Koby you'd probably always get their names screwed up...too many K's. :P lol  See I couldn't even have a Sammy and Sheba cause I would always call them Shammy and Seba...I'm not good with names! hahhahaa 

I figure September would be great because it'll be cooler AND Tony would be able to come too!  He used to have a Pyr friend (his neighbors had a pyr) when he was a little boy and he LOVED that dog so much, he hasn't seen a pyr since and I think he'd really enjoy your babies company too.  His eyes lit up when I started talking about you so I think we'd all have a great time! 

OH to answer you question...NO Koby does not do well in this heat.  He goes outside for approx 1 min. 5 sec. to do his business then back inside he goes to lay by the fan! lol We usually take him outside around 7 or 8 so he can run and get at least a few minutes of excersize, but still he only lasts for about 5 min. then he's ready for the fan again.

OK I do beleive I hijacked your thread, sorry!!!  Let's get back to the important stuff....so how many hours til you get your fluffy baby?  ;D
Hijack away! ;D Seriously, I look at these posts & replies as a conversation between friends & friends trade thoughts & ideas stemming from a base topic...I like it actually!...& Sept. is good for me!...Please tell Tony that my boys at least may be nothing like his childhood Pyr friend...My boys can be unruly beasts! :-\

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2006, 04:13:34 pm »
Boy it is taking Thursday a looooooooooooo ong time to get here.  We want you girl home now!
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)