Author Topic: Our newest addition !  (Read 6924 times)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Our newest addition !
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 12:53:23 pm »
You're bunny is so adorable!! I would love to have floppy eared bunny some day.

This is in response to Julie and Megan. Some of us are at the end of our means and can't go to the bank for money everytime something bad happens. It's just not that easy. Horsepoor is doing the best she can and did what was best for her family.

no offense but we can't either... I'm just saying the best thing may not to get a new pet. But she has it and I'm sure she's going to love it, so whatever.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 12:54:29 pm by dober_gurl »
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 01:43:44 pm »
That bunny is too cute.  I love those long floppy ears. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Kiahpyr

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2006, 02:22:57 pm »
April/Tajsa, Horsepoor and I figured everything out ourselves. Thanks though!

I think sometimes people jump to conclusions way too easily and without knowing the whole story. I'm so glad everyone was able to come to an understanding.

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 03:00:10 pm »
Thankyou April  :)
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline stryder

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2006, 03:20:43 pm »
We have had cattle, named everyone of them, but when push came to shove (3 in college) they went. The loss is in the line you have developed not the individuals.
Good Luck on the home repairs.

Attached is my "little one", she runs like a bunny>
THoM
Spay before the first heat NOT after the first litter.
Neuter before he runs away.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 03:37:59 pm »
How cute!!  I love the floppies!!  Do they ever step on their ears?? ;D  I just gotta know that!!

Was your termite problem just an isolated area or do you know that yet?  I hope it's not too infested, that is horrible!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2006, 03:38:13 pm »
First off a quote: "Be kinder than necessary because everyone is fighting some kind of battle." :(

Horsepoor...HE IS A DOLL!!!...I just love those ears!!!...He is an English Lop...right?...I have what I think is a Holland Lop & a Dutch...Jack & Jill The Evil Bunnies or The Evils as they prefer!...lol!...Our bunns are litter trained & ran the house at our old place where they coexisted peacefully with our 8 cats...Jill Bunny slept in a crate at night or when I couldn't supervise because she was young & naughty but Jack had free run of the house at all times...He used to sleep with my daughter along with our fat cat, Stroker...It is very entertaining to watch a 12 lb. bunny chasing a cat because Mr. Bunny is p.o.'d the cat was messing with his toys or treats!...lol!...Now The Evil live in a 5 & 1/2 foot by 10 ft. run in the basement because of the destruction factor & all the carpet here...We still bring them up into the animal area to run almost daily & they go outside in dog crate for fresh air & sunshine....Bu nnies are extremely smart which, if you don't already know, you'll soon find out! :D

If you need any help or advise with your bunn feel free to p.m. me!...I'd be happy to help!

Congrats on your fluff butt & God bless you for trying to help soothe your sons hurt for having to sell off your S. Gliders & horse...That had to be a tough one for you!!! :'(

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2006, 03:45:00 pm »
LOL Yep he's an english Lop and yes , they actually do step on their ears occasionally , so I need to keep his nails kept short so he doesn't scratch himself  ;D English Lops are known for being extremely smart ( his sister was adopted two weeks ago and she's completely litter boxed trained by her new owners ! ) and just adore attention , in fact ,they demand it ! I also thought a larger rabbit would be good around small children , just in case  ;)
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2006, 04:08:35 pm »
I forgot to add a pic of The Evils! (no chance of baby bunnies here b.t.w.! ;) :D)

Offline Aner

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2006, 04:22:12 pm »
Aww they look dressed and ready for a nice, evil wedding.  Especially Jack.  And they have a bouquet of greenery to walk with down the aisle!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2006, 04:47:08 pm »
Ummm ..... I'm selling 1,800 dollars worth of gliders and 1,000 dollars for my horse . The gliders are all breeders , not just pets so I can't really keep just one back unfortunetly . I've found wonderful homes for them all , the rabbit was practicly free and I just thought it would help cheer them up .....sorry.... nevermind , forget I mentioned anything about rehoming our animals .

First and foremost, remember that this site has built itself on honesty and allowing others to share their feeling with the group in safety. You should not now, nor ever feel afraid to say something to the general forum. It seems as though some people were offering suggestions to you with good intentions but the meanings came off as mean and judgemental.

Personally, I think that you are doing what needs to be done in the best interest of your family Horsepoor! Decisions are not always easily made and sometimes life does deal you a rather harsh hand. I also think that your new (cheap) bunny will make the boys very happy and will ease their transition from a home without that which they have grown accustomed. Good luck!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 04:50:32 pm by jabear »
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.