Author Topic: When dogs cough  (Read 2236 times)

Offline My Friend Joey

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kuvasz/Pyr
    • View Profile
When dogs cough
« on: August 01, 2006, 06:48:48 pm »
I know my dog has allergies because he sneezes quite a bit, especially in the summer. He has been doing a bit of dry coughing within the last week too. Joey has all his vacinations and everything is up to date. The last time he had a dry cough last summer and I took him to the vet, he had a case of roundworm which I had treated and it went away immediately. Does anyone know the difference between different coughing and do you think it's just allergies. It can be confusing and worrisome. Thanks.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~Unknown

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: When dogs cough
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 07:13:35 pm »
I don't have any answers to your question but I really hope Joey is o.k.!...Hopefully someone else can help. :)

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 01:40:11 am »
Is it really hot and humid where you are?  I know my guys all have a bit of a cough right now, and it is only when it is super hot and humid out, though we keep them indoors in the AC except to go out to potty.

Weedsport, NY

Offline My Friend Joey

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kuvasz/Pyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 05:30:52 am »
It's funny that you mentioned asthma, I didn't think of that. It is a dry couch, I'm not sure about wheezing, and the tissue around his eyes looks a little red and irritated at times. Thanks for the reply. I'm going to keep my eye on it.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~Unknown