Author Topic: Puppy hurting my cat  (Read 3685 times)

teddybearlover7777

Puppy hurting my cat
« on: August 03, 2006, 08:53:32 am »
In the beginging it wasn't so bad. Because if I was around him he wounldn't touch the cat...but now he does it right in front of me :o My cat is a boy and so is my puppy. I thought that might be why he's attacking him and I mean he really looks like he's hurting him. He puts his whole mouth around the cats neck. The really weird thing is that the cat never ever fights or even tries to get away. I'm starting to think my dog has a problem or I trained him wrong because this cat is the only one that he'll attack. Help please...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 08:54:34 am by teddybearlover7777 »

Kiahpyr

Re: Puppy hurting my cat
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 09:00:11 am »
I would get a squirt bottle and everytime Bear chases the cat squirt him. Does the cat have somewhere to go that Bear can't go to get away. My dog does that to my cat, but the cat loves it. The cat keeps coming back for more. Here's a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg6nWtEZXfI

teddybearlover7777

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 09:05:27 am »
It's so strange the cat just sits there. He never even tries to move and after Bear chews on him and I stop him and take him away the cat will follow us.... I will try the squirt bottle though, Thanks

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 09:36:42 am »
I'm lost: is the cat bleeding?  Is that why you say he's hurt? How is the cat indicating his distress?

It may sound weird, but if the cat's not bleeding, I think it may be just a game.  My BFF's pyr, Mask, used to carry a couple of the cats in the neighborhood away from his sheep like that, the whole neck right in his mouth, like he was going to bite the cats' heads right off.  One particular fat old apricot tiger cat would just run right back in and tease Mask to make him carry her out over and over, every day for like 4 years, until the cat died of old age!
Sheryl, Dogless and sad

teddybearlover7777

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 10:22:18 am »
I have heard him meow sometimes but that does sound right, I mean, the cat never runs away or acts like it's getting hurt.. and he is just a puppy. The cat never bleeds. And if he ever hurt him I'm sure the cat would try to run away  or attack him back but he dosen't show any signs that he's getting hurt. I still wish he didn't do it though. Thanks for that advise. I bet that's it.

Offline jdumin

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
    • Wolfie & Freddie: The New Puppy
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 02:06:43 am »
OMG that is the cutest thing ever.  do you have more videos???