Author Topic: Kate's Eye  (Read 3253 times)

k2campbell

Kate's Eye
« on: August 02, 2006, 12:50:19 pm »
I feel so bad coming on here and asking for advice, seeing as I've been "MIA" for a while now.  Just extremely busy with work (trying to get caught up before vacation), personal stuff - etc...

Anyhow, went camping on the weekend and it appeared that Kate got something in her eye.  She was holding it half shut, and the white in her eye was red.  When we got home it went away.

Today it is all teary (wet on her fur all around her eye), and looks a little swollen.  She has it wide open though.  She doesn't squint in the sun, and other than her rubbing it, doesn't seem to bother her much.

Went outside into the sunlight, held her down and we didn't see a scratch or any cloudiness or anything like that.  I called the vet and she said she could still have something stuck in the lower (droopy) part of her lid (we can't see anything by the way).  So, I think I'll take her in tomorrow - just to be safe...

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thanks guys - miss you! ;)
Kel

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Kate's Eye
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 01:05:04 pm »
I think it's probably just some grass or leaf litter.  I got some hay in my eye at work one day and couldn't find anything in my eye but I knew something was in there.  Later that night I found a small piece of hay in my eye.  It's good to hear from you and I hope you have a good vacation.  I hope Kate starts to feel better also. 

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

doggylover

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 01:13:38 pm »
Kelly I for one am always happy to see someone who has been gone for a while, regardless of why they are posting.  I am glad you are taking her to the vet.  That sucks for her. 
Best wishes for you and your family. 
:)
Ronda

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 03:15:22 am »
Poor Kate! Hope her eye gets better soon. Let us know how the vet appointment goes. You can post anytime!!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 02:25:04 am »
Bump to find out how Kate's eye is doing?

k2campbell

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 03:21:33 am »
Everything was absolutely fine with Kate’s eye ;)  The vet said it looked like she had actually had something in it, but it was gone now.  There’s still a bit of mucus left in the corner of her eye – but nothing major.

I’m glad I took her to the vet to be safe rather than sorry.  Thanks guys for your help! ;D

DakotaMom

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 04:24:08 am »
We are glad to hear that kate's eye is ok.

doggylover

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006, 08:49:44 am »
OMG YES, you have to get Kate 'doggles' that would be precious!  And of course, we will require pictures!

I'm so glad to hear she is fine!
Ronda
 :D

Icerotti

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 06:37:04 am »
Glad Kates eye is better. ;D