Author Topic: I am BAck But with really bad news!!!  (Read 14067 times)

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
I am BAck But with really bad news!!!
« on: August 05, 2006, 01:43:33 pm »
I got so excited that we finnally got the computer up.  I was having major withdrawls from it.  Well i was just going to let everyone know i am since i have moved. 
  Well I have bad news.  My boxer died right after we got up there.  She had a bad heart murmur and we thought she wasnt going to live really long but it happened at a bad time.  Also i have bad news about Winston.  After brooklynn died he went into major depression.  He wouldnt eat or drink for about four days.  HE went to the vet and was in icu for about three weeks.  And after those three weeks Winston died in his sleep.  It has been really hard especially since i havent been able to talk to my friends on here.   :'( :'(
  So now the two i have left are Baxter and Bell.  Everytime i look at pics of Winston and brooklynn i cant help but just break down but i know that they  are together up on the rainbow bridge now.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: I am BAck But with really bad news!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 01:49:14 pm »
Here are some pics of my two beautiful babies

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 01:49:38 pm »
That is so sad I can't even imagine how you get up in the morning.
You sound like you know they are together,and are in a good place,but at the same time,you are in *shock* mode.

Lean on your friends,especially here,I'm sure that most of us know what you are going through,and we will keep good thoughts for you

Tricia/Magic

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 01:52:30 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear about your losses.  It's always hard but to lose two at such a stressful time is awful.  I hope Baxter and Bell are doing well and I know Winston and Brooklynn would want you to keep going and they'll definitely be waiting for you at the bridge.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 01:53:56 pm »
Amber, I am happy to see you back but I am so sorry about Brooklynn & Winston!...A double whammy...How very painful for you!...We had to put our rescue Kuvasz, Rosie down to to unpredictiable aggression June 15...Samson went into a depression like Winston did but thank goodness he pulled through it...Poor Winston...They must have hearts the size of the whole world to grieve so deeply. :'( :'(
Welcome back Amber. :)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006, 02:38:05 pm »
Rest in peace Winston and Brooklynn.

Amber, I am so very sorry.  Is there anything at all that I can do for you?  Please give me a call if you want to talk about anything and or everything.  Sugar Bear and Dixie miss you and send you lots of big wet kisses.

Lisa 
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2006, 04:01:43 pm »
So sorry about all this! I don't know what to say but I'm so sorry. I know your 2 are up there playing with all the other Big Paws that have left us too.
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006, 04:05:54 pm »
thank everyine so much for your condolences.  It has been a really rough month.  I know that all of my friends here at BPO can really be there for me. 

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2006, 04:07:24 pm »
Oh my!  How shocking to lose two so close together!  I am so sorry! 
Daphne

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2006, 04:16:02 pm »
Winston and brooklynn really loved eachother.  We always called them romeo and juliet because they wee two totally different breeds and it never could have worked between them with her not being able to live really long.  I never thought that this would have happened. 
  I have never heard of dogs getting depressed like that.  Yea i had heard of them not eating for a little while and drinking.  I honestly didnt even think anything of it when we put him in the vet.  It was more so he wouldnt dehydrate.  So they put him on fluids.  I didnt know a dog could die from morning another dog!?!

Offline BlackGreatF

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2006, 04:19:47 pm »

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2006, 04:25:45 pm »
  I have never heard of dogs getting depressed like that.  Yea i had heard of them not eating for a little while and drinking.  I honestly didnt even think anything of it when we put him in the vet.  It was more so he wouldnt dehydrate.  So they put him on fluids.  I didnt know a dog could die from morning another dog!?!

We had two yellow Lab males, Josh and Jesse, who were together from the day they were born.  They came to us in 2001 at about 7 yrs old when their owner died of cancer.  They both mourned for him for about 6 months but at least they still had each other.  Josh just died a few months ago and Jesse almost went right after.  The first days after Josh died Jesse would just shake violently for hours on end.  We ended up getting tranquilizers from the vet for him.  He is a Lab and Labs almost never stop eating so that wasn't a huge issue.  We were finally able to wean him off the tranquilizers but then he spiralled into another issue (still not certain exactly what that was, but it seemed to come out of the stress).  He's come out of that and is hanging in there but it has certainly not been an easy time for him.  Guess I'm making a long story but the point is that they certainly do mourn and it can be incredibly difficult with dogs that are so close.  It leaves you with the double whammy of losing two at once though.  That is brutal!  We lost our 14 yr old female Piper at the same time we lost Josh.   
Daphne

doggylover

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2006, 04:26:36 pm »
Amber, I'm so sorry...to lose two so close like that.  What a heartbreak.  I'm so sorry...
 :'(

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2006, 04:26:53 pm »
They must have been really bonded to one another. Maybe it's good that they're still together, even now. And I know you miss them so much, but they still love you and you still love them.
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2006, 04:34:30 pm »
Oh, Amber, I am so glad to hear from you, but sooo sad to hear about Brooklyn and Winston.  It must be really difficult, and Winston must have really loved Brooklyn.  Hang in there, and we are all hear if you need any of us.
P.S.  Bella sends big slobbery "I'm sorry" kisses.
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom