Author Topic: Fumble's Limping  (Read 4413 times)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Fumble's Limping
« on: August 06, 2006, 03:11:15 am »
Hey guys.. Ever since we got home last night, Fumble has had this limp on his back right leg. He seems to be favoring it, is having trouble turning on that side, and just keeps laying down. He doesnt cry or flinch when we touch it though.. Everyone I have talked to here just thinks that he is sore from the meet-n-greet and all the romping around, but I am just worried.. The only other thing we thought it might be is that he stepped in something when he was taking his "jungle adventures" but there isn't anything in the paw.. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it..
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Fumble's Limping
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 03:30:11 am »
Oh....poor Fumble! It is always so hard to see you beloved baby in pain. Unfortunately I know how much pain they can be in withut crying or trying to show that they are in pain. Bear does that too occasionally but will still try to "act" like all is normal. You should to try icing it if you have an ice pack while keeping him still. It seems to help when Bear is limpy. Also, if you don't have any doggy meds then givie him some asprin to help the aching.

I bet he just over did it and needs some time to recoup. Good luck and keep us informed on the limpy patient.   :)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 04:16:41 am »
Poor Fumble!  When the big boys party, someone could get hurt! Maybe just have Fumble lie low today, and as Jaime suggested, ice it if you can.  We keep rimyadil (sp!!) around for situations like that to just give as needed for pain.  If he's not better in two days, maybe he'll need a vet visit to rule out ACL problems!

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 05:00:07 am »
I'll bet he is just sore, we gave kali one of her Rymadils last night and another again this morning even though she didn't really seam to need the second. When you take him out tommorrow morning for his morning walk see if he has improved. If something is wrong he will more than likely be worse. Keep us posted.

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 05:47:01 am »
Hey guys its stacy! Well I think Fumble just needed a little waking up and moving around. He wanted to take a walk and he started jogging! What a pain in the bum! Did I not tell Kali's Family that he would come home with some ailment, he is such a dork! But we will definatly stay on top of it today.. and see how he is tomrorow. it would only make sense that its from all the exercise yesterday
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

doggylover

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 05:51:43 am »
LOLOL I came in here all worried about sweet fumbs, only to find out he was just malingering!
I'm glad he is feeling better. LOL
What a cutie

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 05:52:08 am »
Glad to hear Fumble is ok...stop worrying you mommy like that you big handsome boy ;)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 05:57:58 am »
I am happy to hear that Fumble's feeling all better :)
RIP former BPO

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 05:58:30 am »
Great news!!  He's such an old silly!

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 06:16:14 am »
Whew.  I'm glad he's feeling better!

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 02:27:37 pm »
Wow,

Sigh of relief in Lowell  :o Winslow would feel awful if he over did it with his Pal!!! I'm glad he is fumbling around like his old happy go lucky self. The Wins has been tuckered out all day too.

That Kali can sure  tire a couple of Boys out!!!
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2006, 03:18:36 pm »
Hip hip horray!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline FumbsAuntie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 10:49:44 pm »
Rich, No worries for Winslow! You've seen Fumble walk around.. hahahah! Were lucky if he could ever pass a sobriety test and walk in a straight line! After you guys left, poor Fumble got so sad. He is that persistant with Winslow as he is with Kali (Obv. The tendencies!) he was so sad, like why did they leave? and he walked over to apologize too.. :( Hopefully next time they have forgotten and will be best buds again!